Electronica junkies, your help please.
Jul 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
This may sound kind of weird, if not, sweet. Anyway, I'm looking for some romantic electronic music in the vein of VNV Nation's "Illusion". The song has a great feel and beat, but the lyrics don't really suit my purposes. It comes across as desperate and sad, whereas I want something thats happy and full of "lovey-dovey-ness".

If it helps my reputation in the metal threads, this is for my girlfriend's birthday, not my personal pleasure.
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys. Any questions, let me know.

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 15
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 15
Hey guys, thanks for the recommendations.

demoNMaCHiN3: Chicane was pretty close to what I was looking for, and will do in a pinch if I don't find exactly it, and ATB I'm pretty familiar with; use it as driving music.
wink.gif

dvessel: M83 wasn't quite what I was looking for for my girlfriend, but I think I'm hooked for myself, nice stuff. Autechre was still a little too abstract for the purpose, but beautiful song.

Thanks again guys.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 15
AOKI Takamasa might have a couple of songs that might fit the bill. His website has a few songs to download (mp3 or AIFF), or his duet album with Tujiko Noriko has some 'sweet' electronia.

good luck

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 15
If you like ambient, go for some Ashera. It's absolutely beautiful without being syrupy new age.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #10 of 15
Sigur Ros probably have some stuff that would fit the bill. Lots of their work is depressing, but there's some uplifting stuff in there too.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #11 of 15
Amoebaassassin - "Piledriver (Greyed out mix)" (piledriver vinyl, 2000)
Technasia - "Evergreen I" (Evergreen EP, 2004?)
M83 - "Kim & Jessie" (Saturdays=Youth, 2008)
Kraftwerk - "Computer Love" (Computer world, 1981) :p

Aug 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 15
I actually ended up using VNV Nation's Illusion, which I believe was the original song I started with, plus a few tracks with no vocals, but a nice mellow techno feel. The result was a good one, though the GF doesn't appreciate having pictures taken even on normal occasions.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still trying to find more stuff with corny romantic ballad lyrics, but so far she enjoys the VNV Nation. Even if it was a little sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back