Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Sep 12, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #4,996 of 6,987

Guys, this whole thing is a masterpiece. I think A Color Map of the Sun still has a bit of an edge for my Electronic album of the year, but this... I'm blown away. Listen on any high-end headphone with strong but not overblown bass response, and some good soundstage and imaging, and you're set for hours upon hours of listening. So many little details, everything is very well written, all the vocalists are great. I can't praise this enough. So much dance music these days sounds generic and uninspired, but Atmosphere is much-needed a blast of fresh air. Seeing Kaskade in a few days, and after this, I can't wait 

i agree...his deep house tracks are amazing!!!

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #4,997 of 6,987
Avicii's album dropped...surprising good IMO. Trance fans should really check out "Quiet Storm" by Aly & Fila. Camo & Krooked should be dropping their new album sometime this month also. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #4,999 of 6,987

Guys, this whole thing is a masterpiece. I think A Color Map of the Sun still has a bit of an edge for my Electronic album of the year, but this... I'm blown away. Listen on any high-end headphone with strong but not overblown bass response, and some good soundstage and imaging, and you're set for hours upon hours of listening. So many little details, everything is very well written, all the vocalists are great. I can't praise this enough. So much dance music these days sounds generic and uninspired, but Atmosphere is much-needed a blast of fresh air. Seeing Kaskade in a few days, and after this, I can't wait 
cool.gif

i agree...his deep house tracks are amazing!!!

Does he make deep-house....? i thought only commercial **** that is what i know and deep-house like this or....?

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #5,000 of 6,987

Yes, that's Deep House, and also yes, Kaskade does produce some Deep House! But mainstream? No way. Kaskade did tread into mainstream type tracks a little on Fire and Ice, but Atmosphere shows that he snapped right back. Kaskade's as OG as house music in America gets, and he has a real passion for this music. He wouldn't produce a song just to stay current or make money. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #5,004 of 6,987
Omg this week's A State of Trance is nuts. First track in is already amazing.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #5,005 of 6,987
Is anyone else here disappointed by Zomboys Reanimated EP? I know I surely am.

I for one love Pegboard Nerds though. They're getting into a lot more Glitch Hop now, but still have the same sound as their original songs. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #5,006 of 6,987
Is anyone else here disappointed by Zomboys Reanimated EP? I know I surely am.

I for one love Pegboard Nerds though. They're getting into a lot more Glitch Hop now, but still have the same sound as their original songs. 
Yes I was pretty disappointed by it, coming off of the Dead Symphonic, I expected a lot better from zomboy. I like the pegboard nerds also, high roller is a banger, razor sharp and it's VIP are great, and the Lost Tracks Ep is great.

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #5,008 of 6,987
I just really like Monstercat. my favorite artists on Monstercat are probably Pegboard Nerds, Pixl, and Televisor.

Also, I highly recommend checking out soular order's newest ep and the other releases on his label. All 4 releases on there are excellent.
http://citybynight.bandcamp.com/album/soular-order-from-here-ep-cbnr003

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #5,009 of 6,987
I also enjoy Pegboard Nerds, but why all the hate for Reanimated? Yeah, it doesn't quite live up to the previous two, but it's still good... and much higher quality recordings than Monstercat stuff :p 

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5,010 of 6,987

Just finished recording a Big Room/Progressive House mix. Would love it if you guis gave it some love. <3

https://soundcloud.com/raidzero/sunday-session-episode-2

Tracklist:
Ummet Ozcan - Airport (Original MIx)
Mightyfools - Footrocker (Original Mix)
Major Lazer - Watch Out For This (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Tomorrowland Remix)
Robin Thicke ft. T.I., Pharrell - Blurred Lines (Will Sparks Remix)
Macklemore - Can't Hold Us (George Acosta Remix)
Josh Butler - Got A Feeling (Bontan Remix, Pleasurekraft Edit)
We Will Rock Tundra (Danny da Costa Mashup)
It's Time For ShockRave (Vlad Rusu Mashup)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back