Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 7, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #436 of 6,987
Thanks Ynoskire. Giving the album (OR) a listen now. It's actually more engaging than Burial. I could never see what the fuss was all about with him.

Edit: I really enjoyed that album and will be getting it on cd. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #438 of 6,987
The video button next to the image button.

@Mr T
Glad you enjoyed it. I do however like Burial, the guy is one of the few dubstep artists out there with something what can be considered his own style. And puts out quality tracks. He might not reinvent himself over and over again, but no dubstep artist does
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #440 of 6,987
Everyone should check out the artists on Plastic City Records if you are into prog house etc.

The Timewritter is one I really enjoy,
Off the new album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv2MzexTges&feature=fvst

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #441 of 6,987

Quote:
Everyone should check out the artists on Plastic City Records if you are into prog house etc.

The Timewritter is one I really enjoy,
Off the new album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv2MzexTges&feature=fvst

The Timewriter is sick man. If you like this stuff you should check out the label 8 Bit, he had a release on there a few months back. Also Air London, which has similar releases but is a bit quirkier. They are 2 of my favourite labels. It's definitely not prog though, pure Deep/Tech

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #442 of 6,987
Will do! Yeah, I'm not well versed in electronic music styles, I just listen.

Quote:
The Timewriter is sick man. If you like this stuff you should check out the label 8 Bit, he had a release on there a few months back. Also Air London, which has similar releases but is a bit quirkier. They are 2 of my favourite labels. It's definitely not prog though, pure Deep/Tech

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #444 of 6,987
These guys, "Birdy Nam Nam" are slowly becoming one of my stronger recommendations to people.  This song, "Love your enemy, Kill your friend" is one of my favorites from them.  Quick side note- i've been on a recent spree with the more downtempo side of DnB(if thats possible? haha) and dubstep and am absolutely loving it.  I can't think of a better way to spend a half hour of listening time than to groove out to some mellow jams and just vibe out.  Yes, its Friday and I am in a great mood haha.

EDIT:  Holy crap batman!!!!  This live performance is simply amazing!

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #445 of 6,987
I thought I'd mentioned Birdy Nam Nam here before. They're a favorite of mine, and have been for awhile. 'Absesses' is probably my favorite song, as well as 'Violins' and 'Shut Up' (and of course, Parachute Ending. With Justice...f yes).

Go pick up some of their albums. You won't be disappointed. I recommend it to anyone that likes Hip Hop and is curious about Electronic music. Really nice to see turntablism alive and well somewhere in the world.

(Favorite live performance, they just look so happy doing this stuff)

This one I thought really showed off the versatility of these guy's sound. I don't normally like stuff like this but man is this one baller.

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #446 of 6,987
Not sure how the hell I've missed William Orbit all these years...But I'm so glad I know about him now. Amazing music. Trance and Downtempo stuff...Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Heard it on a local public radio station this morning and hunted it down. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #447 of 6,987
NEW FEED ME EP DROPPED.

God...It's so good...

Oh, and here's a little bonus for you Nero fans. I really enjoyed this remix...

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #449 of 6,987

bigsmile_face.gif

I've been seriously enjoying this lately. Some of the weirdest semi-8bit beats that I've ever heard, but with a surprising amount of replay value to them. I'm not sure wether it's electronic or hip hop, but hey, the hip hop thread is dead so I'll just put it here.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #450 of 6,987

Was pretty suprised when I just stumbled across this just randomly out there on YouTube. The vocals are a little cheesy and rough, but once those saws come in around 2 minutes I couldn't help but want to dance.

Thinking about using it as an opening track for a high energy set. Possibly some Blue Stahli-esque stuff. A little more rock-y, but still just high energy dance stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back