Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 15, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #5,793 of 6,987

Something on the mellower experimental/IDM/glitch side....

Oct 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #5,794 of 6,987

Orion & J.Shore - Brotherhood

Here's something that's perfect for a Sunday. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/djorion/sets/orion-j-shore-brotherhood-silk

Symbion Project - Immortal Game
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/immortal-game

Oh, right, and this one's now available for free, too.

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #5,797 of 6,987
This thread is EPIC! Congratulations to whoever started it. Nice and broad and I don't see how any arguments could arise from such a beautiful thread. Usually people into the electronic music know and understand its very broad and everyone likes what they like.

Personally I have to say lately I've been listening to Pretty Lights, well I am right now. They're music is kinda downtempo dark and jazzy with a touch of dubstep to it. Really cool, and if you like dubstep a lot they even have a remix album. It's really cool. I love their acoustic remixy type songs too. Havent read a lot of the thread but after this post I'm going to read some more so idk what has already been mentioned. But heres some other artist to give a try out. Oh btw I noticed the Mr. Carmack cover art on the sidebar. Great artist.

Artist                         Album
Great Dane         (Alpha Dog) (Beta Cat)
Toro y Moi            (Anything in Return)
Mr Carmack                  (Vibes)
Flume                          (Flume)
Ital Tek              (Nebula Dance)(Control)
Cashmere Cat           (Mirror Maru)
Computer Jay  (Savage Planet Discotheque Vol. 2)
Machine Drum           (Vapor City)

I just listed a few for now let me know if you have listened to any of those artist and tell me which songs you liked the best. I mainly mentioned each artist newest "good" album so feel free to check older songs, all good quality. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #5,804 of 6,987
For those who missed Hiroyuki ODA's new EP.

Also this one is now available for the price of your choosing.

Symbion Project - Wound Up by God or the Devil
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/wound-up-by-god-or-the-devil-2

"Wound up by God or the Devil" is the soundtrack to a movie that has not yet been made and will likely never get made. 

this is an album that symbion project did not expect to make; this is an album that you probably did not expect to hear. encapsulated within are collisions of epic forces, chaotic sexuality, religious underpinnings, melancholy moments frozen in time, enlightened fragments of joy. 

while taking 3 week respite from working on another full length symbion album and 3rd freezepop album, "wound up by god or the devil" literally burst into existence. moved by the epic nature of vangelis (blade runner, chariots of fire) & the retro/future aesthetic of wendy carlos (clockwork orange, tron), symbion project created a "baroque minimalist electro" album that could live seamlessly in 1762, 1972, & 2162. concerned with the non-dynamic, robotic stagnancy of current electronic music, along with the overwhelming nature of being surrounded by a studio full of synthesizers & blinking audio gear, this dynamic album was crafted using only a single 16vco analog synthesizer. very little was sequenced (except for the blazingly fast runs that bach himself couldn't do!) & almost all the parts were played in by hand. constant attention was given to exploiting & exaggerating the emotional tension of the songs through the use of dynamics, from the initial songwriting to the final mastering (analog of course).

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #5,805 of 6,987
trap stuff  

bigroom stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back