Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 7, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #5,581 of 6,987
  Hey guys!

Anyone have any recommendations for oppressive electronic music? Music made with a helping of spite, aggression, or otherwise negative emotion. I'd be very curious to hear it. Perhaps something a bit atmospheric, but nothing completely ambient, and nothing completely percussion-based.

Thanks so much!

You could do worse than look at the Hymen Records roster for this kind of thing - off the top of my head, Hecq - 0000, Architect - Lower Lip Interface, Xingu Hill - Alterity, Zeller - Audio Vandalism, Gridlock - Formless, Marching Dynamics - The Workers Party of Haiti, Kattoo - Megrim, Tonikom - The Sniper's Veil, anything by Imminent Starvation. I'm not sure you could say it was made negative emotion, but all this stuff tends to be pretty aggressive and dark-sounding, combining IDM, industrial and dark ambient influences.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #5,583 of 6,987
Bruno Pronsato presents​.​.​. THE BEDROOM SLANT
http://foommusic.bandcamp.com/album/bruno-pronsato-presents-the-bedroom-slant

Quality deep house-ish
basshead.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #5,584 of 6,987
I know this a lil old since this song was pretty huge a few months ago

MK played his edit of this at EDC NY 2014, including his other remixes of Burning, Look right through me, and some by disclosure and chris malinchak.. his set was pretty amazing though, like at some of the sets you could tell people were either just waiting for a "drop" or not really into the music and just chilling.. MK played in a small tent and every single person in there was moving and grooving.

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #5,585 of 6,987
Anybody here a fan of monstercat stuff? Monstercat 17 (Ascension) has some of my favorite songs on it.

Here're my favorites from the album (so far):
1. Pegboard Nerds- Hero
2. Tristam and Braken - Frame of Mind
3. Direct- Wanna Know You
And by far my favorite, Moonlight (Varien and SirenCeol)

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #5,586 of 6,987
  Anybody here a fan of monstercat stuff? Monstercat 17 (Ascension) has some of my favorite songs on it.

Here're my favorites from the album (so far):
1. Pegboard Nerds- Hero
2. Tristam and Braken - Frame of Mind
3. Direct- Wanna Know You
And by far my favorite, Moonlight (Varien and SirenCeol)

I love Haywyre - The Schism off that album!

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #5,588 of 6,987
Yeah, Hero by the Pegboard Nerds is mental, and I don't typically enjoy hard style. And TeskR have you listened to Haywyre's debut album? I thoroughly enjoyed it as a whole, but particularly like the track Voice of Reason off of it.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #5,589 of 6,987
Yes I have listened to that its a great album and great track.
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,590 of 6,987
OMGYESOMGYESOMGYES!!!111
(Aphex Twin's long unreleased album as Caustic Window has been finally sent to Kickstarter backers and got uploaded to YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL05YPqhPmTtJUC0AWZAOJrhWJrjlCH11q

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #5,593 of 6,987
  uplifting trance

Thanks for this. This sounds really familiar to me for some reason, but for the life of me I can't think of why. I decided to pick the track up on Beatport along with "Cirrus Skies" and "Namida". Been a while since I bought any EDM.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #5,594 of 6,987
uplifting trance

what is considered the best dynamic headphone for edm?
well, depends on what you want from your edm. I like akg for listening to it. Others like a little bit more sub-bass oomph. What are you looking for?

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #5,595 of 6,987
well, depends on what you want from your edm. I like akg for listening to it. Others like a little bit more sub-bass oomph. What are you looking for?

I don't know what I'm looking for. I used to have the LCD X which I loved. Currently I have k812 at least until Saturday. Tomorrow I will go into the store and give the LCD X a long listen. I am loving the k812s ( it has been a long time since I listen to the LCD X). 

I did not like the HD 800 or LCD2s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back