Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 29, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #5,462 of 6,987
Again, has anyone listened to my recommendations?

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #5,465 of 6,987
I don't know if this is just me or my headphones, but sometimes, kick/bass drums fade much faster on my M-80s than on certain speakers.
the m-80's are a low end audiophile can with a slight emphasis towards bass. Might just be that. On my jvc's, a kick drum sounds like BUUBBOOOMMMM!!!!. With the BUU being the initial impact, and BOOOMMMMM being the rumble. Those have a heavy sub-bass curve, so it makes sense. Like, more than beats by Dre... Yet somehow they still sound better than the old studios in an A-B test between 4 people. The m-80's are made to be mostly balanced with a very slight bass curve. It should sound like a smack with a tiny boom afterwords. On my k240's, that's what it sounds like. Smack! *boom...* if you really want that kick to the sub-bass, I suggest eq'ing a few extra decibels at around 20-50hz, or buying a bassier headphone. That eq will give you that boom you want. When I use my jvc's, I go all out, with +30db bass boost and fiio eq switch +2 and high gain at 5.5-5.75/8 volume. That eo7k or if you get the more powerful e11 (but the tradeoff is that it doesn't have the dac and it doesn't have that much bass and treble boost. It only has flat, and 2 bass boost levels. Doesn't matter to me. I bass boost on my phone a ton anyways when using them. I don't really need an amp eq, plus my dac is fine on my phone.)will give you that buboom of bass you are missing on the deep end. If you don't need treble eq, and have a nice audio player already that has good sound quality, I suggest e11. It'll push a bit more power and it still has a decent bass boost.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #5,466 of 6,987
the m-80's are a low end audiophile can with a slight emphasis towards bass. Might just be that. On my jvc's, a kick drum sounds like BUUBBOOOMMMM!!!!. With the BUU being the initial impact, and BOOOMMMMM being the rumble. Those have a heavy sub-bass curve, so it makes sense. Like, more than beats by Dre... Yet somehow they still sound better than the old studios in an A-B test between 4 people. The m-80's are made to be mostly balanced with a very slight bass curve. It should sound like a smack with a tiny boom afterwords. On my k240's, that's what it sounds like. Smack! *boom...* if you really want that kick to the sub-bass, I suggest eq'ing a few extra decibels at around 20-50hz, or buying a bassier headphone. That eq will give you that boom you want. When I use my jvc's, I go all out, with +30db bass boost and fiio eq switch +2 and high gain at 5.5-5.75/8 volume. That eo7k or if you get the more powerful e11 (but the tradeoff is that it doesn't have the dac and it doesn't have that much bass and treble boost. It only has flat, and 2 bass boost levels. Doesn't matter to me. I bass boost on my phone a ton anyways when using them. I don't really need an amp eq, plus my dac is fine on my phone.)will give you that buboom of bass you are missing on the deep end. If you don't need treble eq, and have a nice audio player already that has good sound quality, I suggest e11. It'll push a bit more power and it still has a decent bass boost.
Uhhh, I was just wondering, I didn't need it to be... Ahhhhh whatever, thanks anyway. It's more like a FWUMP and it has a lot of emphasis on the UMP (the punchy part of a kick) and it fades quickly then drops off.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #5,468 of 6,987
Straw Hat Pirates is not bad.
in my opinion, its a modern masterpiece... Maybe its just because I enjoy his progstep style (which he basically invented.) and he produces well orchestrated pieces like that.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #5,470 of 6,987
Well it was definitely my favorite of the three. I will have to check out more of his stuff. Anything similar that you would suggest?
from him? Hmm... Hev Kevlar, mysteries of night town, halloweekend... Everything is good. If you mean similar artists... Then no. (he's the only one I really know lol. Not exactly a popular edm genre.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back