Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5,431 of 6,987
Am I gonna get mauled for mentioning anyone under the Monstercat label?
nope. Rogue is in my top ten personally. Tristam, tut tut child, and ephixa (who is supposedly returning next year. ^.^) are in my top 25.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #5,432 of 6,987
I just don't like it when people recommend skrillex etc... Oh have you heard of deadmau5 or skrillex etc?? -_-... Me: no. Please tell me about these artists I've never heard of. Its not like everybody who says they listen to edm likes those, and half the people who say they like edm only listen to those artists. (don't know how people say they like dubstep if they've only heard 2 artists.) it just kinda strikes me as stupid recommending a song from the famous edm artists, and expecting that people haven't listened to it already or are going to....

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5,433 of 6,987
I just don't like it when people recommend skrillex etc... Oh have you heard of deadmau5 or skrillex etc?? -_-... Me: no. Please tell me about these artists I've never heard of. Its not like everybody who says they listen to edm likes those, and half the people who say they like edm only listen to those artists. (don't know how people say they like dubstep if they've only heard 2 artists.) it just kinda strikes me as stupid recommending a song from the famous edm artists, and expecting that people haven't listened to it already or are going to....
WARNING: THIS WILL BE A RANT. Scroll if you want.
I know how you feel. A LOT of people listen to EDM/electronic/whatyoucallit just because it's "in". No, they don't get dem feels. They just listen to cheapa** crap with 1 basslines and no melody whatsoever. It frustrates me when people are like, "I LOVE EDM! SKRILLEX FTW!!!"
Like, holy crap, open your eyes, there's other artists out there that actually put emotion into their work. No, electronic isn't all about just the hard brostep, there's house, drumstep, DnB, Dubstep, etc. When I mention dubstep, usually people in society right now define every type of electronic they hear as "dubstep". It pisses me off when I hear this. For example, that new Selfie song, people say, "OMG, this dubstep's amazing!" (I've heard this firsthand) and I facepalm. It's a big-roomy thingamajig!!! Ok, then there's the people that always mentions "the drop". I hate most of these people. Yeah sure, some songs can have some awesome, harda** drops, but really? That build up into that flowy, pretty part of a song isn't a "drop". Anyway, feel free to disagree, but here's my opinion on the world today.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,435 of 6,987
Lol don't even get me started on the dubstep vs. electronic music thing. All my friends are convinced that all electronic music is dubstep, and I seriously can't convince them otherwise. (They might just be trying to make me mad, though :p)

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5,438 of 6,987
Moxix is really a special brostep case... He is insanely talented. He deserves more attention than he has. (like, 4,000 soundcloud followers. He only has a sound cloud. No YouTube.) He said a few months ago that he's working on some songs, so I'm awaiting the awesomeness... His songs are pure genius. Here's a song he made that he and 4 artists worked on, which is xcore, mojo, addergebroed, and quartus Saul & maksim. https://soundcloud.com/moxix/shaolin-funk

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #5,439 of 6,987
Oh, here's the founder of Progstep music... And he also uses brostep, chillstep, and some other genres I don't know the name of but I enjoy a lot. https://soundcloud.com/omnitica/straw-hat-pirates-instrumental and here's his chillstep... At least I think. I just listen to what is good. Doesn't matter the genre. https://soundcloud.com/omnitica/mysteries-of-night-town

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #5,444 of 6,987
I don't know, it seemed like I would be considered noobish or mainstream if I did. Anyways, anyone like Rezonate?
is he new? Haven't heard the new album yet, nor have I heard a lot of the older ones. Might have to get some money and buy all albums on cd...

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #5,445 of 6,987
is he new? Haven't heard the new album yet, nor have I heard a lot of the older ones. Might have to get some money and buy all albums on cd...
No, he's been under Monstercat since 010 I think. My favorite song by him is Lonely. Get that song/album (015) in some HQ files (FLAC, etc.) and listen to it. Man that bass is soooo low and rumbly and holy crap, I can't even explain how awesome it is. Ash (also by him) gave me many, many feels the first time I listened. Yeah, check him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back