Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 3, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #63 of 6,987
Yesssssssssssss. Added to my J3. Awesome. I really like this track.

Quote:
You should be able to download it from here
wink.gif

http://sequentindustry.promodj.ru/tracks/384011/Sequent_Industry_Train_to_Space.html

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #65 of 6,987
It all started when, years ago, Cartoon Network did a late-night screening of a few Daft Punk tracks after Toonami went off air for the evening. I must have been 12 or so at the time. Before that I had always known that I liked "Techno music." I don't even know what influenced my infatuation as there were no "techno" albums to be found around my dads substantial album collection. I don't even know if I had heard any real "techno" prior to that Daft Punk... but, man, they had me at "One More Time."

As my avatar shows, I'm into house music (not exclusively). Mostly deep prog house like Deadmau5' Faxing Berlin, Brazil, Strobe, Raise your Weapon, HR 8938 Cephei, etc (I'm honestly into all of his tracks pre 4x4=12, and most on that album. Not a fan of Sofi at all)... Other artists include John Dahlbeck, Kaskade, especially tracks like 4am, This Rhythm, Seeing Julie.

My longest-lasting favorite EDM artist besides Daft Punk, of course, has to be Shpongle. I'm heavily into all of their albums and most of their tracks. It's probably the Pink Floyd fan in me. I really look to their arrangement and composition as the best contemporary analog to the classical and baroque greats. Their production quality is astounding and none of their songs seem purposeless to me.

The album Legend of the Black Shawarma by Infected Mushroom has been getting a lot of play since it came out and I've been following them pretty heavily since I'm the Supervisor and I've found their older tracks (Tommy the Bat [lol primus], I Wish) and I love them, too. 

Pendulum has had my ear since just before (literally like 1 month) Hold your Colour dropped. I'm a huge fan of tracks like Tarantula, Fasten your Seatbelt, Another Planet, Streamline, Sounds of Life. More recent tracks that catch my ear are Set me on Fire and The Island pts. I & II. off of Immersion.

I found Royksopp when their track "Remind Me" was featured in that Geico commercial. That song got stuck in my head for months before I found it. After that I spread out to their album The Understanding.

I'm also into Euro Trance like Tiesto (sometimes), Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, ATB, Above and Beyond (especially and most importantly their new track "Sun and Moon" omg), Cosmic Gate, and more recently Arnej. All of this after a short lived trial of groups like Scooter and Milk Inc. 

I just found a few artist like Netsky and L.A.O.S. in the liquid DnB category with whom I'm becoming more familiar (thanks, Youtubes! and UKF DnB). My brothers have turned me on to RJD2 and Justice.

Living in Asheville also aids in my sickness by bringing Moogfest to town, where I get to discover amazing acts like Moguai, Kontakt, Thievery Corporation (who I knew of before hand), etc... Great place to live for EDM (though the club scene could be better).

In short,
I love electronic music!

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #67 of 6,987
Awesome story. Also, I had the exact same experience with Toonami. One More Time was one of my first electronic songs (if not my first)...But the thing is...I never could find out who the artist was. It took me probably about 4 years before I realized it was Daft Punk (even after getting into Daft Punk through other songs, and even owning some of their CDs already). It was like a veil was lifted the day that I found out that amazing song was by a group that I'd been listening to for quite some time.

Anyway, I don't want to comment on the entire post, but I'm also a big fan of Deadmau5 Deep House stuff, as well as Kaskade (which I need to get more of).

Lastly, I got into Pendulum right as Hold Your Colour dropped. I love that album. My favorite Pendulum track to date is still Sound of Life. Although I REALLY enjoyed (and still listen to it constantly) Immersion. I think they did an amazing job with that album. I really like almost every track on that album. It's a little cheesy, but who cares?

Quote:
It all started when, years ago, Cartoon Network did a late-night screening of a few Daft Punk tracks after Toonami went off air for the evening. I must have been 12 or so at the time. Before that I had always known that I liked "Techno music." I don't even know what influenced my infatuation as there were no "techno" albums to be found around my dads substantial album collection. I don't even know if I had heard any real "techno" prior to that Daft Punk... but, man, they had me at "One More Time."

As my avatar shows, I'm into house music (not exclusively). Mostly deep prog house like Deadmau5' Faxing Berlin, Brazil, Strobe, Raise your Weapon, HR 8938 Cephei, etc (I'm honestly into all of his tracks pre 4x4=12, and most on that album. Not a fan of Sofi at all)... Other artists include John Dahlbeck, Kaskade, especially tracks like 4am, This Rhythm, Seeing Julie.

My longest-lasting favorite EDM artist besides Daft Punk, of course, has to be Shpongle. I'm heavily into all of their albums and most of their tracks. It's probably the Pink Floyd fan in me. I really look to their arrangement and composition as the best contemporary analog to the classical and baroque greats. Their production quality is astounding and none of their songs seem purposeless to me.

The album Legend of the Black Shawarma by Infected Mushroom has been getting a lot of play since it came out and I've been following them pretty heavily since I'm the Supervisor and I've found their older tracks (Tommy the Bat [lol primus], I Wish) and I love them, too.

Pendulum has had my ear since just before (literally like 1 month) Hold your Colour dropped. I'm a huge fan of tracks like Tarantula, Fasten your Seatbelt, Another Planet, Streamline, Sounds of Life. More recent tracks that catch my ear are Set me on Fire and The Island pts. I & II. off of Immersion.

I found Royksopp when their track "Remind Me" was featured in that Geico commercial. That song got stuck in my head for months before I found it. After that I spread out to their album The Understanding.

I'm also into Euro Trance like Tiesto (sometimes), Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, ATB, Above and Beyond (especially and most importantly their new track "Sun and Moon" omg), Cosmic Gate, and more recently Arnej. All of this after a short lived trial of groups like Scooter and Milk Inc. 

I just found a few artist like Netsky and L.A.O.S. in the liquid DnB category with whom I'm becoming more familiar (thanks, Youtubes! and UKF DnB). My brothers have turned me on to RJD2 and Justice.

Living in Asheville also aids in my sickness by bringing Moogfest to town, where I get to discover amazing acts like Moguai, Kontakt, Thievery Corporation (who I knew of before hand), etc... Great place to live for EDM (though the club scene could be better).

In short,
I love electronic music!

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #68 of 6,987
Thought I'd share this gem before work. If you like Danger (Or Electro in general) give this a listen. I lovd Kavinsky the first time I heard it a few years back, and he released a new EP last year.

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #70 of 6,987

Quote:
Thought I'd share this gem before work. If you like Danger (Or Electro in general) give this a listen. I lovd Kavinsky the first time I heard it a few years back, and he released a new EP last year.

I like it, thanks for sharing, i've also been browsing that UKF dubstep channel (the robyn link) and have only just realised feed me and spor is the same person. Have been re aquainting myself with Flux Pavillion/Emalkay/Bar9 etc.

Sequent industry's another name i've never heard of, good stuff it is too.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #71 of 6,987

If you liked Kavinsky and haven't heard of Danger, check him out too.

Go listen ot umm...Danger - 14h54. Amazing Electro song. And yeah, Feed Me is Spor's Electro name. Absolutely amazing producer.
Quote:
I like it, thanks for sharing, i've also been browsing that UKF dubstep channel (the robyn link) and have only just realised feed me and spor is the same person. Have been re aquainting myself with Flux Pavillion/Emalkay/Bar9 etc.

Sequent industry's another name i've never heard of, good stuff it is too.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #74 of 6,987
Not exactly Electronic music, but people all over are calling this song 'Acoustic Trance'. I was blown away by it, so I figured I'd post it.

EDIT: Listening to it a few more times...It sounds like something Infected Mushroom would have a hand in. I honestly might do a remix of this song. Slap a kick and a bassline behind it and it'd be ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back