Electro Magnetic Amplifier Co. 535SE Headphone Amplifier/Preamplifier
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #106 of 119
EMAC 535SE.jpg

I spent a little time this evening with it and my oh my was I shocked. I was using the HE560 with the Infinity DAC. Out of the box it drew my attention to the music.

Attachments

• EMAC 535SE.jpg
    EMAC 535SE.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • EMAC 535SE.jpg
    EMAC 535SE.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #108 of 119

I spent a little time this evening with it and my or my was I shocked. I was using the HE560 with the Infinity DAC. Out of the box it drew my attention to the music.

Congrats!
I hope the 240Vs start shipping soon as well.

I hope the others 535SE start showing up as I need confirmation of how musical this amp is. I switched over to the Utopia tonight and everything just stepped up as the Utopia will bring out the best or worse of an amp and right now it is the best.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #109 of 119
I hope the others 535SE start showing up as I need confirmation of how musical this amp is. I switched over to the Utopia tonight and everything just stepped up as the Utopia will bring out the best or worse of an amp and right now it is the best.

I got my amp last night, I'll report back when I have some time with it.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #111 of 119
Any updates on the 240V Liam?

New transformers should be arriving in the next day or two. I'll try to get an updated shipping date from Steve once he's got it in his hot little hands. Thanks for your patience!

L

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #113 of 119
Okay, where are everyone's comments on the 535SE? I know I am enjoying mine and it really does well with the Utopias. I also think the new Focal Clears would be awesome with it based on a Tyll's review and a recent discussion with The Source AV.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #116 of 119
I have a lot on my plate, otherwise I would have posted sooner.

After experimenting with outlets and equipment not being on the the same power strip, I was able to get rid of a hum I was hearing and have been enjoying it ever since.

At the Philadelphia meet I tried numerous head phones and was really impressed with Mr. Speakers Ether Flow (Open and Closed) and Hifiman HE 1000 V2. I felt on this amp that the Ether Flow had most of the characteristics of the HD 800 S that I love but a little more sparkle and more bass!!

Friday I got cables I ordered to go rca out of the EMAC to 1/4” in on my Stealth 8s. I could only turn the volume up to 2 on the EMAC as there is no volume control on the Stealth 8s. Is there anything I can put between the EMAC & the Stealth 8s to make them work together like attenuators or something?

If there isn’t, I may have to rethink what I want to keep.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #119 of 119
I heard this amp at a meet and thought it was absolutely fantastic. HST, when I got the Schiit Mjolnir 3, I thought it shared some attributes with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back