Electro Magnetic Amplifier Co. 535SE Headphone Amplifier/Preamplifier
May 31, 2016 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

KimbaWLion

100+ Head-Fier
May 31, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 119
Glad you are keeping an eye on us! We can't wait to get the prototypes out to reviewers. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 119
Minor news. We were hoping for a more complete update before the holiday weekend, but it seems it is not to be. 

Pre-production amps are running beautifully - the chassis are completed and have been sent from the metal shop to be powder-coated and silk-screened. Next they head to the wood shop for the first cases to be test fitted. 

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on those, but we will let you know once we do. :)

Thanks all for your support and patience. These will be worth the wait.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 119
Can't wait! 
gs1000.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 119
It's been a little over a month. Any word on the wood or the powder coating? I know there was no way predict 
but I do hope there is an idea now. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 119
  subbin'

220V PSU for EU pls. :)

Hmm.. there's a thought. Not sure if that will make it into the pre-order, but I'll bring it up. 

It's been a little over a month. Any word on the wood or the powder coating? I know there was no way predict 
but I do hope there is an idea now. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Powdercoat and Silkscreening is done. First chassis are sent over for wood, but we have not received an ETA on when it will be ready to send for testing. 

Thanks for checking in! 

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #11 of 119
  If it is under £1000 I would by one. Very few things are these days so I will move along.

Cheers.

Final pricing has not been determined yet, especially for EU/220 models, which will be part of regular production (but not the pre-order), but I will keep you posted. :)

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #12 of 119

Final pricing has not been determined yet, especially for EU/220 models, which will be part of regular production (but not the pre-order), but I will keep you posted. :)

Thank you.

That is much appreciated.

The amp looks fascinating and 220 models will be most welcome. 

Maybe the UK pound will bounce back in value by the time these are available. 

Cheers.

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #13 of 119
Hey there everyone, thanks for keeping interested in us - we have exciting goings on! 

First, a miscommunication with our cabinetmakers unfortunately delayed the start of cabinet production by about two weeks. However we are currently back on track and  should receive cabinets next week. The work they have done for us in the past is really top notch, and we can’t wait to see these completed units.

In the meantime, the final suite of measurements are being made on the pre-production unit using Audio Precision's top of the line APx555 audio analyzer. We hope to have these available later in the week to share with you all. 

We’re in the home stretch! 

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #14 of 119
Looking forward to it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #15 of 119
Following this as well. Very curious of the few step up transformer amps that exist. So far, I know of ECP's Black Diamond (DIY), the Metrum Aurix, and now this. I think the concept is solid. I would say I'm suprised more haven't taken this approach, but transformers are tricky to get right, as well as costly (for quality ones). It seems the current buffer stages in these amps are critical as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back