Electric-Avenues PA2V2 - Anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by TERMiNAL_, Apr 10, 2018.
  1. TERMiNAL_
    Anyone else have one of these little amps?

I am wondering what amp it could compare to?, I am getting the Topping D30 for a DAC really soon and Topping also sells the Topping A30.

Going from the PA2V2 to a Topping A30...not sure how much of an upgrade that is.

And I'm not interested in Schiit products, after reading so many negative things and reading that the pot is scratchy on basically all of them, while this PA2V2 has a high-quality Bourns pot...

2. oneula
    the PA2V2 is a good amp one of the few that run on regular and recharging batteries in small form factor
    I just picked up a Topping NX1c because its thinner but it requires a recharge by USB the topping has more punch but the PA2V2 sound smoother to me
    to me its better for long trips with no available AC to recharge
    I have a battery powered player as well for the cause

3. ClieOS Contributor
    Surprised there are still PA2V2 users out there. While it does its job, it is still a very outdated design and even cmoy is better performance wise.

4. oneula
    yup 2 AA batteries very portable
    Having tried those mint can cmoy yet
    I like the idea supporting a small business guy like gary

I have the topping NX1s, SMSL sAp7, and soon Headamp Pico which are also very portable amps but they have to be charged meaning cord and socket
    My source also run on a single AA so I don't really need cords and chargers

If I want to go naked ie without gear I'll just tale my LG V30 and some buds

5. luckybaer
    my 1st amp. now look what happened.