EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread
Sep 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #436 of 1,752

Quote:
I got a mouser project finished up for the EHHA Rev A BJT version. 

If someone wants to go over the BOM and let me know if anything is missing, it would be appreciated. 
It is missing the heater transformer for sure which i will add later tomorrow.

I will also substitute parts for those items that are back ordered as well in the next update.

https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=659bae8d48

you have 9 of the 0.1uF Wima, could be 2
you have 7 of the 1.0uF Wima, could be 9
you have 5 2sc2705 could be 4
do you have enough 2k94 for the LEDs i see 2

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #440 of 1,752
I had to work late tonight (and get up early tomorrow), so, I did not get as far as I wanted to, but, it is a good start:

I have to work late again tomorrow, but I will definitely mount the small signal transistors. Those usually take the most time as I have a deliberate technique for soldering whereas I heatsink each part. Slow, but works every time. Never lost one that way. 

Ideally I will finish on Thursday. The planets lined up and I have Friday off, so, I will wire it up and begin testing Friday morning. Should have some preliminary results Friday evening.

More to come....

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #443 of 1,752
Alex - are you going to post an updated wiring diagram?  I particularly want to confirm star-ground wiring.

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #444 of 1,752
You mean my excellent, super detailed, and, no doubt, very clear wiring description is not good enough?
tongue.gif

I should be able to post one later tonight. But real men don't need wiring diagrams.
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #445 of 1,752
Ouch!  But real men end up making 5 orders from Mouser to replace fried parts.

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #449 of 1,752
Wiring diagram is posted on the Setup page. Please let me know if it doesn't make sense. Normally I don't use colors on these, but this one has so many overlaps colors were the only way to tease apart the wires.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #450 of 1,752
Build completed, on to verification and test...

I got home a bit earlier than I expected tonight. I finished up the build. Tomorrow I will check my work, clean it up and get ready for the power tests. Build went fine, nothing unexpected and all the parts fit without issue. The black solder mask is a trip. Looks great, but reflects no light. Kind of screws with the eyes a bit when you solder, especially if you are used to various shades of green. For those who put down the cash, the Angela sockets fit like a dream (with or without the hollow center post). I took mine out, but, you could have easily left it in as Alex has a perfectly sized hole underneath. Nice.

Here are a couple of shots before the cooling towers went up (they really dwarf the board):

Another early day tomorrow, so, that's it for now. After tomorrow, I can focus full time on the board checkout.

Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back