EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread
Oct 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #796 of 1,752

Quote:
the PS supply schematic in the BOM linked above and here:
http://www.cavalliaudio.com/ehhaa/main.php?page=schematics/powersupply

have L2R and R6R in a different order from ground to the negative rail. It would seem that the one in the quoted link is correct.

When you use the bottom side trace between the two parts to decide which way to orient the the LED, it means that you get a LED installed backwards if you use the website version.

Aha! Mystery solved.

Nice catch cobaltmute.

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #797 of 1,752
I think I am just going to modify the values in the heater circuit and only build one of the boards up for 12.6 V and wire it up in series. Just seems to make more sense to me. 

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #800 of 1,752
Thanks Sachu, have you thought about what you are going to use for casing?  What's the height measurement to the top of the highest component on the board (the tube?) (with board standoffs)?

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #801 of 1,752
Heatsinks are 2", so incl stand offs and the pcb itself you are probably looking at around 65mm...
With tube it will be slightly higher... I seem to recall that someone here wanted to use a 70mm case (sachu?) that just barely would fit.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #805 of 1,752

So, is there any consensus on whether E12's are recommended for headphone protection?

I don't believe there is a consensus yet. It will probably remain an optional addition to the build. Just be aware of the potential issues involved by not using it. Also be aware, to do it right, you need two of them, which can drive up the cost of the build significantly.

FWIW, I am going to use them on my builds. I see it as a value added proposition. I have all the parts, just need the time. Right now, professional sports in Tampa Bay have been providing considerable distraction (shameless plug for Bolts/Rays/Bucs!)

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #807 of 1,752

Quote:
The ε12 must be powered from the amplifier's main power supply rails. Do not use a separate power supply for this circuit. If your amplifier has a separate power supply for each stereo channel, you should use two ε12 boards. Each one serves one channel only, and is powered the respective supply rails.

AMB

Since each channel on the new EHHA revision has it’s own psu you’d need two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back