Effect Audio's new flagship Centurion: Forged from Perfection
Jul 12, 2021 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
A closer look at our new flagship Centurion.

-Rising beyond the extraordinary-

Arriving 20/07/2021
#Centurion #NewFlagship #GoldPlatedSilverGoldAlloy #ForgedFromPerfection

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 9
Nice crafting :)

Jul 13, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 9
Sick!

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Do you not realize the heavier the cable splitter the less likely people are gonna buy your cables? Why would I want to hang a piece of metal on my ears when I go out and about? I'm convince these cable companies that think heavier is better don't actually listen to IEM on the go.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Finally getting around to it.
My impression on the Centurion.
A quick update. I have the Spearlabs Triton Zero now. At the time when I wrote the article below I was still waiting for it. Centurion is a huge improvement and puts the Triton into a different league. Triton can showcase its full potential. Worth every penny. 😘😘😘

I will start at the beginning, unboxing.
I was surprised about the large box I received. Upon unpacking it became clear to me that Effect Audio put a lot of thoughts into that whole project, CENTURION.
The stand is a cool addition, but for me personally not as important, as I keep my audio gear well packed away from the elements.
When I opened the box from the actual cable, I thought I umpack a luxurious wrist watch. The whole attention to detail, I like that. Only small suggestion I have is to include a ConX container. In case you travel and have IEMs with different connections with you. It would come in handy. It makes it easier to store it at home.

Now to the star of the show, the cable. I absolutely love the appearance of the Centurion. I love Titanium and so I was excited, when I read the Centurion has Titanium hardware. My heart skipped a beat when I held it in my hand and inspected it closely. Stunning work of art.

Coming to the most important part, comfort and of course sound.
First the comfort. I am wearing glasses and have sometimes issues with cables. Even they are soft and nice, but once in a while it doesn't work well with the glasses. Not the Centurion though. It looks like a bit of an extreme ear loop, but boy they are comfy. You don't feel them. I wore them for 2,5 hours non stop and had absolutely no issues.
Sound, sound, sound.
That is always something personal. Some like it bright, some like it bassy, some a big soundstage etc. So my impressions are based on my preference, sound signiture I like.
For me the Centurion hit the jackpot. WOW
Of course I don't get a new pair of IEMs, nor do I have a totally different sound signature.
The already excellent AAW CANARY are just being put on a higher level of sound. The clarity, imaging, the fulness, just stunning. When listening I got that impression, that the Centurion tells every note how to perform to their best ability and helps them to achieve exactly that. As I told before, I don't get a night and day difference, but the Centurion elevates the Canary into the holy grail of pure sonic enjoyment.

I want to make a small statement in regards to the cost.
Is the Centurion expensive? Hell, yes, it is.
I read in some forums that people got upset about the price of the Centurion.
For example, if Mercedes Benz is releasing a car for $ 400.000. - no one will be worried about it. Which difference does it make to go with a $ 400.000. - car or a $ 40.000.- car from A to B? Not much, both do pretty much the same job.
Another one, what is the difference, if I buy a belt for $ 20. - from the corner shop or a $ 1.000.- + belt from Hermes? Not much, both hold your pants up.
So, what is the point?
The point is, when you consider products like the Centurion you enter High End territory. It is not black and white. You buy expensive things, because they give you a certain experience or pleasure where you can not put a price tag on.
There is also a very high expectation associated with it. I expect nothing but the best and nothing but perfection. And for my opinion Effect Audio delivers in that department. Customer service is another point. Jane was outstanding, very professional. Even without expecting me buying the flagship cable (at that point even I didn't know) she was focused on providing advise and guidance based on my questions and not pushing me for the top model.
I consider myself as lucky to own the ASTELL & KERN SP 2000, Lotoo Paw Gold Touch Titanium limited edition, AAW CANARY and soon the Spear Labs Triton Zero.
About 12 years ago when I almost lost my eyesight I wasn't that lucky, nor happy. I went through hell and back. Now I am back. Will can move mountains. If you want something bad enough there is always a way.
I definitely recommend the Centurion to anyone who considers it. For me, as I mentioned already before, it is part of the holy grail of sonic enjoyment.
If I had the means, I would get another Centurion for my Ether C Flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back