Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe Tour]
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

E
mpire Ears & Effect Audio combined R&D resources to develop the all new "Arthur" IEM

Empire Ears:

Empire Ears (
www.empireears.com
) is one of the world’s preeminent in-ear monitor brands, recognized the world over for its impeccable craftsmanship and state-of-the-art engineering. Empire Ears has always pursued a uniquely uncompromising approach to creating premium handmade in-ear monitors, maintaining a highly systemized, detail-focused, approach to “handcrafted” production.  With over 25 years of experience, co-founder and lead engineer, Dean Vang, passionately designs and engineers every in-ear monitor to deliver only the most remarkable audio reproduction possible with proprietary Empire Ears drivers and crossover networks.

Effect Audio
:

Effect Audio
(
www.effectaudio.com
) is a Cable Atelier that was founded to meet the needs of of the audiophile and music industry professionals. Effect Audio has been known for their unorthodox design philosophy and cable geometry and exquisite craftsmanship. Continuously driven by the search for a perfect sound quality for purposes that go from hi-fidelity to sound engineering, the products undergo intensive Research & Development process that makes use of the founder's, Suyang's expertise and knowledge in different materials and their influences in sound signature. Maintaining the "Spirit of Craftsmen" ideology, Suyang ensures every cable are handcrafted and made to deliver the most unique sound quality with proprietary Effect Audio design. 

Introducing "Arthur"​

Empire Ear's "Zeus XIV" & "Zeus "R has been considered by many to be the one IEM that breaks industry standards and shatter all prior norms and standards. Zeus XIV is the first consumer production unit of a 14 driver IEM that has unprecedented levels of engineering, components and state of the art crossover networks. Empire Ears's flagship challenges the boundaries of what is predefined as TOTL and delivered an extraordinary audio reproduction.

Effect Audio's "Leonidas" has been deemed the most exclusive and successful product offering in their repertoire. "Leonidas" is the result of utilising a completely different approach to the craft from ground up ; the exploration of a different design philosophy. Popularised due to it's natural organic sound signature, distinct cable geometry, impeccable craftsmanship, the "Leonidas" swiftly became centre of attention.

The "Arthur" is a collaboration between Empire Ears & Effect Audio. "Arthur" is a brand new design which features propriety Empire Ears drivers and Effect Audio's newly developed Litz Silver & Litz Copper internal wirings between the drivers. "Arthur" is designed with the highest audiophile grade in mind. It has long transcended the conventional designs and will bring forth the most extraordinary sound reproduction that will please even the most discerning ears.
Furthermore, Effect Audio's R&D went into great lengths to develop a 24awg Silver-Gold Litz exclusive cable befitting of this monitor, aptly named the "Excalibur" as with the Arthurian Legend. 

US$3600
Available now at selected Effect Audio Dealers
http://www.effectaudio.com/

USA / EUROPE TOUR - REVIEWERS WANTED!! 

What's in the box?

1. Arthur Universal In Ear Monitor
  2. Effect Audio Excalibur Litz Cable 
  3. Empire Aegis Case
  4. Empire Dust Bag
  5. Empire IEM Pouch
  6. Empire Cleaning Cloth
  7. Cleaning Tool

Signing up..?

Reply to this thread with your Country, City & State, Links to your previous review, your currently owned headgears and your experience with Effect Audio / Empire Ears (if any)

How does it work? 

1. Upon receipt, you have 7 days to audition / demo it extensively 
  2. Upon conclusion, reship back to Effect Audio Lab. *All costs borne by Effect Audio*
  3. Write a review on this thread & Effect Audio's / Empire Ear's Official Thread
  4. Do us a favour by linking your review in this thread!
  5. We shall take into consideration your past participation on tours, reviews and reputation on HeadFi
  6. By entering the tour, you acknowledge Effect Audio / Empire Ears to use your content for promotional purposes
  7. In your review/impression, please state that the "Arthur" is a free/loan demo to be returned at the end of review period

Thank you for your time and for being so supportive of us at Effect Audio and Empire Ears! 

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 148
Actually, never mind. Too many logistical questions still left unanswered. Don't want to be responsible for the shipment of something so expensive.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 148
United States

City & State
Charlotte, North Carolina

Links to your previous reviews:
Head-Fi, YouTube,

I've also done an impressions on the entire Empire Ears line up found here and written impressions here

I agree to all terms and conditions set forth by the tour and whole heartedly wish to be accepted into this tour. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 148
8 way crossover...Oh my....

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 148
  8 way crossover...Oh my....

You heard Zeus-R, right?
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #13 of 148
Oct 21, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #14 of 148
@EffectAudio I would be elated if I were allowed an opportunity to audition and review these fine IEMs. I would also compare them to my Campfire Audio Andromeda and the DITA Audio Truth Edition IEMs.

Here is my information: 

Glendale, Arizona

Headgear(s):
Campfire Audio Andromeda iem
DITA Audio Answer (Truth Edition) iem
Cardas Audio EM5813 iem
Grado GS2000e (Balanced Edition)
AKG K712
Focal Spirit Pro
B&O H6 v1
(+many others, see profile)

Headphone Amplifiers & Dacs:
Chord Mojo
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon 2.0
CEntrance DACPortable ( Hand Tuned #151 of 151)
CEntrance HiFiM8 (w/factory IEM Modification)
ALO Audio The Key
ALO Audio International+
CypherLabs Picollo
Peachtree Audio DAC It-x

Reviews:

Simaudio 230HAD Review Link: A very spacious analog sound that is detail rich yet anchored by a liquid warmth.

Noble Audio Savant Review Link: Transparent in nature yet musically engaging.

I am currently on the Vibro Labs Aria tour as well. I am awaiting my turn for the iem review unit.

I do not have any experience with Empire Ear's iems nor with Effect Audio cables at this time. I hope to be allowed the amazing opportunity to hear the Empire Ears & Effect Audio Arthur and in so doing hear the pinnacle offerings of these two fine Audio companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back