Effect Audio New Release | Signature Series - Classics Reborn: Enjoy The Greatness
Jun 9, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #16 of 74
How is the eros s? I unfortunately have not had the chance to try the old eros but ive had the ares, thor, lionheart and mars. How does it compare/which is the closest sounding the ones above? Of course all of the 3 cables are ineteresting but the eros s being 8 core stock is the most intriguing to me. Thanks in advance! And congrats on the release!
Hi NickleCo,,

Thanks for your interest of Eros S, if you are looking for a cable to widen the soundstage, tighten the bass, improve the clarity and detail in upper mids and treble at the sametime you will still get smoothness in mids, Eros S is the cable you wanna go among this three cables in Signature series.

Its quite different from all three cables, in a way of combining Thor Silver II and Lionheart together, hopefully it helps you understand it. Please check out EA thread for the impressions during pre-launch campaign(P32 is the Eros S) link.

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jun 9, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 74
Hi NickleCo,,

Thanks for your interest of Eros S, if you are looking for a cable to widen the soundstage, tighten the bass, improve the clarity and detail in upper mids and treble at the sametime you will still get smoothness in mids, Eros S is the cable you wanna go among this three cables in Signature series.

Its quite different from all three cables, in a way of combining Thor Silver II and Lionheart together, hopefully it helps you understand it. Please check out EA thread for the impressions during pre-launch campaign(P32 is the Eros S) link.

Suyang
Thank you for the link! From what ive read looks like im gonna go for the cadmus. Ill probably get eros along the way. Gonna decide when i get my iems from repair.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 74
Is it possible to term them with plugX?

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #20 of 74
Yes, it can be upgraded termX, but the only compromise will be the newly designed connector barrel is not applicable for TermX.

Suyang
I see, so it will be using the old style barrel?

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #21 of 74
Absolutely love the new hardware, and having heard two of the prototypes people are in for a treat! Congrats on the amazing new launch EA!

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #23 of 74
I have had the cables with me for a while, here is my take on the cables:

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Eros S:

I was instantly gravitated towards the Eros S cable. I had not seen a cable which looks so simple and attractive at the same time. Not only it's a looker, it sounds very good too. Let it be dynamics or ability to extract details, Eros S doesn't show any weakness. It brings a energetic and sparkly the treble range with excellent lower end body. Bass is tighter while maintaining a higher quality punches with a fuller body and has very good movement of air. Decay is on the faster side but still has good weight. Sub-bass is deep and the mid bass is in line with it. If the IEM allows, this cable retains very good amount of texture and layers. Treble heads will definitely love this cable. It has much better treble energy and the upper treble dip with the Kinera URD is rectified with this cable. Layering and separation is top class with higher sense of air and transparency. Sonics too are fantastic with high quality dynamics. This cable has couple of minor shortcomings too. It's lack of energy with instruments around the vocals gives it a W shaped sound while the notes have hint of metallic timber with neutral sounding IEMs like Shozy Elsa (this is clearly evident when A-Bing with the SPC and Evo-10 cables) but pairs exceptionally with slightly warmer sounding IEMs like Axiom and EST112. Vocals have very good definition with a more precise body and texture.

Stage size is very good though, but has a bit of an hourglass type shape, has nice expansion in every direction with excellent cue placement. Sonics too are admireable.

IMG_0690.jpg

Cadmus:

What's impressive about the SPC cable is, this sounds better than the hybrid cable in some areas. SPC has better balance, strangely it's vocals forward with a more vivid presentation, has bigger and better bass presence, similar decay, slightly better texture, better mid range details and definition, more balanced and the treble is a bit more controlled without losing extension or sparkle. Ah.. Longest sentence in a while I think. Let's break it up.

Vocals as I mentioned earlier are more vivid, fuller with true to nature timber and tonality. It has better texture and definition too. Another good thing is, both male and female vocals excel with this cable. This cable impressed me with its dynamics and contrast of fore and background instruments. Instruments have slightly less pop to them but have impressive transparency and clarity. Treble is a bit more controlled. It doesn't have taller notes of the Eros S but has an aptly lively presence. Extension, layering and separation are impressive too (if there wasn't the hybrid cable, this would have been the best of the lot). Bass is more voluminous than the Eros S and has equally impressive rumble and sub-bass extension. Thanks to the bigger volume it feels more complete. Mid bass has fuller body but doesn't get heavy handed. It's tight and precise.

Cadmus has a more rounded stage with similar dimensions. Let it be instrument placement or air between instruments, this cable doesn't take a back step. Sonics too are impressive with finer and delicate cue placem9. This is the best SPC cable I have used under $300, no questions asked.

IMG_0676.jpg

Ares S:

So.. what does the copper cable brings to the table. This replaces the famous Ares 2 after all. It's surprising that this isn't a very warm, and thick sounding cable which favors bass and lacks treble energy or definition. This isn't a lot in the V either, it's slightly but not much. Yes, one can tell this is a copper cable since it doesn't have the deepest of subs or lot of rumble while the mid bass has more body, good amount of definition and a well developed layered delivery. It feels satisfying the way the waves of notes hit with precision. Decay is not loose but leaves the notes with good amount of weight.

Mids are well defined with very good vocal presence, yes the finishing definition is slightly on the lower side compared to the Cadmus cable but this does better than any other copper cable under $200. Treble is similar but instead of being smooth, it's more textured with very good transparency and resolution. Yes, the extension isn't as good as the hybrid cable but it's plenty for a copper cable. If you feel copper cables are a bit too in the V and the instruments across the spectrum aren't exactly lively or transparent, this cable is the answer to this. It has the sparkle and lively feeling we all look for.

Stage size is not the biggest but has a taller projection. X-axis isn't very wide but I like the way it maintains the layers and separation without any veiling.

20220608_161847.jpg

Attachments

• 20220608_151156.jpg
    20220608_151156.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #26 of 74
nice cables! will they have good synergy with JVC HA-FW10000? i would like to keep the same timbre for vocal.
Hi Nycdoi,

Ares S is a great choice for vocal, when the cable is designed, keep the vocal engaging is one of the criteria on top of the list for Ares S.

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jun 9, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 74
I have had the cables with me for a while, here is my take on the cables:

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Eros S:

I was instantly gravitated towards the Eros S cable. I had not seen a cable which looks so simple and attractive at the same time. Not only it's a looker, it sounds very good too. Let it be dynamics or ability to extract details, Eros S doesn't show any weakness. It brings a energetic and sparkly the treble range with excellent lower end body. Bass is tighter while maintaining a higher quality punches with a fuller body and has very good movement of air. Decay is on the faster side but still has good weight. Sub-bass is deep and the mid bass is in line with it. If the IEM allows, this cable retains very good amount of texture and layers. Treble heads will definitely love this cable. It has much better treble energy and the upper treble dip with the Kinera URD is rectified with this cable. Layering and separation is top class with higher sense of air and transparency. Sonics too are fantastic with high quality dynamics. This cable has couple of minor shortcomings too. It's lack of energy with instruments around the vocals gives it a W shaped sound while the notes have hint of metallic timber with neutral sounding IEMs like Shozy Elsa (this is clearly evident when A-Bing with the SPC and Evo-10 cables) but pairs exceptionally with slightly warmer sounding IEMs like Axiom and EST112. Vocals have very good definition with a more precise body and texture.

Stage size is very good though, but has a bit of an hourglass type shape, has nice expansion in every direction with excellent cue placement. Sonics too are admireable.

IMG_0690.jpg

Cadmus:

What's impressive about the SPC cable is, this sounds better than the hybrid cable in some areas. SPC has better balance, strangely it's vocals forward with a more vivid presentation, has bigger and better bass presence, similar decay, slightly better texture, better mid range details and definition, more balanced and the treble is a bit more controlled without losing extension or sparkle. Ah.. Longest sentence in a while I think. Let's break it up.

Vocals as I mentioned earlier are more vivid, fuller with true to nature timber and tonality. It has better texture and definition too. Another good thing is, both male and female vocals excel with this cable. This cable impressed me with its dynamics and contrast of fore and background instruments. Instruments have slightly less pop to them but have impressive transparency and clarity. Treble is a bit more controlled. It doesn't have taller notes of the Eros S but has an aptly lively presence. Extension, layering and separation are impressive too (if there wasn't the hybrid cable, this would have been the best of the lot). Bass is more voluminous than the Eros S and has equally impressive rumble and sub-bass extension. Thanks to the bigger volume it feels more complete. Mid bass has fuller body but doesn't get heavy handed. It's tight and precise.

Cadmus has a more rounded stage with similar dimensions. Let it be instrument placement or air between instruments, this cable doesn't take a back step. Sonics too are impressive with finer and delicate cue placem9. This is the best SPC cable I have used under $300, no questions asked.

IMG_0676.jpg

Ares S:

So.. what does the copper cable brings to the table. This replaces the famous Ares 2 after all. It's surprising that this isn't a very warm, and thick sounding cable which favors bass and lacks treble energy or definition. This isn't a lot in the V either, it's slightly but not much. Yes, one can tell this is a copper cable since it doesn't have the deepest of subs or lot of rumble while the mid bass has more body, good amount of definition and a well developed layered delivery. It feels satisfying the way the waves of notes hit with precision. Decay is not loose but leaves the notes with good amount of weight.

Mids are well defined with very good vocal presence, yes the finishing definition is slightly on the lower side compared to the Cadmus cable but this does better than any other copper cable under $200. Treble is similar but instead of being smooth, it's more textured with very good transparency and resolution. Yes, the extension isn't as good as the hybrid cable but it's plenty for a copper cable. If you feel copper cables are a bit too in the V and the instruments across the spectrum aren't exactly lively or transparent, this cable is the answer to this. It has the sparkle and lively feeling we all look for.

Stage size is not the biggest but has a taller projection. X-axis isn't very wide but I like the way it maintains the layers and separation without any veiling.

20220608_161847.jpg
Nice!

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #30 of 74
Hey EA!

Your cables are always an eye catcher for sure. I got an EE Legend X, which is equipped with Ares ii. Unfortunately the cable has some tracks of oxidation and I am looking for a replacement. I also got a Cleopatra, but this is a bit too smooth for me and fits better with my VE EXTs. So which one of these would you recommend to match with the Legend X Sound signature? Thanks.

@Suyang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back