Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 22, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #5,731 of 7,907
Yes, we do offer FitEar Connector(both Straight and Right Angled) and some of other more connectors, even JH7 pins:)

Which particular cable are you looking at?
I'm sorry, but here I am with my unrealistic proposal. Or maybe you also make oBravo-mmcx? I know it's almost unrealistic, but...)

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #5,732 of 7,907
Although I'm aware that the Effect Audio Axiom ain't a cable and that this is a cable thread. I decided to post a review link here anyway, as there was also some sort of battle going on between three EA cables (in which luckily none of them got hurt) during the writing of this review.

Axiom 06.jpg

Now, in case you might feel any kind of curiosity how this battle ended up...
Spartan.gif

Please come over and check it out for yourself: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-axiom.25610/reviews#review-28376

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #5,733 of 7,907
Although I'm aware that the Effect Audio Axiom ain't a cable and that this is a cable thread. I decided to post a review link here anyway, as there was also some sort of battle going on between three EA cables (in which luckily none of them got hurt) during the writing of this review.

Axiom 06.jpg

Spartan.gif

Please come over and check it out for yourself: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-axiom.25610/reviews#review-28376
You certainly did take the reader on a journey! Nice review.

Apr 23, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #5,734 of 7,907
You certainly did take the reader on a journey! Nice review.
Thanks man! That was exactly my goal: to take the Axiom and the readers on a journey.

I hope that the people who do take the time to read it (like you apparently did) will get some joy out of it. Or that they can at least forget about their problems for a moment, while they're reading or listening to the music that I selected, based on the different locations that pass by :)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #5,735 of 7,907

IMG_20211229_222507.jpg

Well it is totally relevant when the Axiom is paired with a really nice cable from Effect Audio. Pairing the Axiom with Centurion creates a luxurious Hi-fi presentation of the stage. While the Centurion has a really detailed treble and higher frequencies. Pairing Centurion with the strong and dynamic bass from the Axiom took the bass to the next level, the presentation is so real to a point that it is like a live performance, the bass is 3D and dynamic and placed at the far back of the stage, distanced from other instruments adding more depth. Just as the drummer will be sitting at the far back of the stage. This pairing is so detailed and dynamic. Extremely good for rock music.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #5,736 of 7,907
Any silver cable would be ok I think. Check out the EA VIRTUOSO or if you can find a older one, EA Thor Silver ii is good
Thanks for the suggestion I do have a silver cable and recall I didn’t like it matched with the Shanling and mest mkii. Since then I have added a tube amp in the sound chain so I’m going have to give it another listen. At the time I found silver to be to much on the bright side for my taste. With tubes adding warmth it might be bit better now.

Thinking the Effect Audio EVO 10 might be a possible option with the mest mkii. I was reading twister6 review and the Comparison to the Eletech Socrates caught my eye. I heard the Socrates enhances the mest sound and these two seem to share a similar sound.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #5,737 of 7,907
Thanks for the suggestion I do have a silver cable and recall I didn’t like it matched with the Shanling and mest mkii. Since then I have added a tube amp in the sound chain so I’m going have to give it another listen. At the time I found silver to be to much on the bright side for my taste. With tubes adding warmth it might be bit better now.

Thinking the Effect Audio EVO 10 might be a possible option with the mest mkii. I was reading twister6 review and the Comparison to the Eletech Socrates caught my eye. I heard the Socrates enhances the mest sound and these two seem to share a similar sound.
Are you looking for a cable with great warmth and good resolution and mesmerising vocals?

Maybe wanna hold it off a bit for our new launch in late May:)

-Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 25, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #5,738 of 7,907

There are two important points.
1. Two silver cables from even the same manufacturer will not sound the same. If it's not the same model, of course. Otherwise, why have two models if they are similar?
So, let's say Thor Silver doesn't sound like Cleo. The latter to my taste is generally a bit dark with some iems. For example, with Mest 2. Just as not all DD or BA sound the same, silver cables are different. In addition, the fact that silver is bright is a common myth. Common, but a myth.
2. The combination of cable and iems/headphones is individual. If you tried cable A with iems A, B, C, and you didn't like the combination, I can understand your disappointment. But this does not mean that the combination of cable A with headphones D will be bad. It doesn't work that way.

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #5,739 of 7,907
There are two important points.
1. Two silver cables from even the same manufacturer will not sound the same. If it's not the same model, of course. Otherwise, why have two models if they are similar?
So, let's say Thor Silver doesn't sound like Cleo. The latter to my taste is generally a bit dark with some iems. For example, with Mest 2. Just as not all DD or BA sound the same, silver cables are different. In addition, the fact that silver is bright is a common myth. Common, but a myth.
2. The combination of cable and iems/headphones is individual. If you tried cable A with iems A, B, C, and you didn't like the combination, I can understand your disappointment. But this does not mean that the combination of cable A with headphones D will be bad. It doesn't work that way.
Totally makes sense I was thinking more along the lines that copper sounds different than silver to me. Most of the Recommendations for the Mest MKii I have seen have recommended a copper based cables. Maybe subconsciously I might of had a bias against silver.
I have a few different cables of mixed material, sadly most of them are low/midrange cable’s price wise. I been considering something a bit better now that I’m happy with the rest of my system.
I thought if I like a certain wire type then it was just finding a a manufacturer that used higher quality materials, to produce a better sounding cable based off wire material. Sounds like it’s much more than that.
Thank’s for the information I really appreciate the response gives me more things to consider before purchasing a cable.

Are you looking for a cable with great warmth and good resolution and mesmerising vocals?

Maybe wanna hold it off a bit for our new launch in late May:)

-Suyang

Yes that sounds like what I am looking for, most of my listening is classic rock, pop and EDM.
Thanks for the heads up I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing about what’s coming out in May. One of the reason considering effect cable is the customer interaction on head fi. I’m sure I will have more questions once I narrow done choices and check out the info on these new cables.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #5,740 of 7,907
Sorry about the back to back posts. I decided to hold off buying something for the mest till I see the new offerings. I do have a question concerning EVO Series of cables. What are the differences between the EVO 1 and the EVO 10?
Considering something in the more budget line to pair with spouses moondrop variations and the L&P W2. Since the variations are a budget iem I don’t want spend too much to replace it’s cable.

Apr 29, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #5,741 of 7,907
A little while ago, I thought I found myself my end game EE Odins + Leonidas ii Octa, but after some consideration and discussions with @JordonEA , I decided to try the EA Chiron. I still have to test this cable out longer , but so far compared to the Leo II, I noticed a wider sound stage, and bigger improvement to the bass. I am pretty confident that the Chiron will be my new end game pairing with my Odins. Thanks again Jordan for the chat regarding this cable.

Attachments

• IMG_4355.jpg
    IMG_4355.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4356.jpg
    IMG_4356.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4357.jpg
    IMG_4357.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 0
Apr 29, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #5,742 of 7,907
I decided to hold off buying something for the mest till I see the new offerings. I do have a question concerning EVO Series of cables. What are the differences between the EVO 1 and the EVO 10?
FWIW: when I had the EVO 1 and EVO 10 on a loan for some weeks, earlier this year, I honestly liked them both. But I slightly prefered the EVO 10, as that one was just a bit more revealing (details) and it also delivered slightly better imaging and separation to my ears. At that time I used it initially on my ES Onyx, which I posted here.

After I had returned the cables (thanks again Nic!) I picked up an EVO 10 myself, so I guess that speaks for itself?
20220429_130918.jpg

Now the EVO 10 is on my EA Axiom and this combination really grew (maybe brain burn-in?) on me over the past weeks.

Anyway, like you already wrote: following the earlier advise of @Suyang will certainly give you more options to choose from next month. But imho you also can't go wrong with the EVO 1 or 10! Good luck with picking the right one for your Mest MkII in the near future :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #5,743 of 7,907
Sorry about the back to back posts. I decided to hold off buying something for the mest till I see the new offerings. I do have a question concerning EVO Series of cables. What are the differences between the EVO 1 and the EVO 10?
Considering something in the more budget line to pair with spouses moondrop variations and the L&P W2. Since the variations are a budget iem I don’t want spend too much to replace it’s cable.

FWIW: when I had the EVO 1 and EVO 10 on a loan for some weeks, earlier this year, I honestly liked them both. But I slightly prefered the EVO 10, as that one was just a bit more revealing (details) and it also delivered slightly better imaging and separation to my ears. At that time I used it initially on my ES Onyx, which I posted here.

After I had returned the cables (thanks again Nic!) I picked up an EVO 10 myself, so I guess that speaks for itself?
20220429_130918.jpg

Now the EVO 10 is on my EA Axiom and this combination really grew (maybe brain burn-in?) on me over the past weeks.

Anyway, like you already wrote: following the earlier advise of @Suyang will certainly give you more options to choose from next month. But imho you also can't go wrong with the EVO 1 or 10! Good luck with picking the right one for your Mest MkII in the near future :)
Thanks for the response! And great pic, gotta love that black on black 👌🏽

I'm also personally a greater fan of EVO10. For me, it has a more unique tone compared to either standard copper or silver cables; a more appealing variation of neutral with a smooth treble, which gives it a very enjoyable sound.

-Nic

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 29, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #5,744 of 7,907
A little while ago, I thought I found myself my end game EE Odins + Leonidas ii Octa, but after some consideration and discussions with @JordonEA , I decided to try the EA Chiron. I still have to test this cable out longer , but so far compared to the Leo II, I noticed a wider sound stage, and bigger improvement to the bass. I am pretty confident that the Chiron will be my new end game pairing with my Odins. Thanks again Jordan for the chat regarding this cable.
Pleased to hear that you like it. I am still waiting for the opportunity to try the Chiron, but I just keep hearing good things about this combination.

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #5,745 of 7,907
Pleased to hear that you like it. I am still waiting for the opportunity to try the Chiron, but I just keep hearing good things about this combination.

They do have a sub program, where you pay 99 to try up to 3 cables for a week. Pretty good deal, since some of the cables are worth a lot. Better to try and not buy than buying it and regretting it.

That being said, once you try the Chiron, you’ll end up keeping it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back