Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 10, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #5,686 of 7,901
I'm interested in the Grandioso Black cable with the TermX configuration, but it is sold out on your website. If I buy the cable from another distributer and mail it to you, can you re-terminate it with the TermX configuration?

Apr 10, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #5,687 of 7,901
Haha I really hope Chiron is a good cable.... its $3000 haha. I am considering the Cleopatra octa.... but looking for more information on it vs the Leo ii octa

Chiron is heavely reviewed with lots of impression few pages ago. Generally, it is a cable characterized by very nice and emotional mids together with very detail higer frequencys.

Leo II octa is characterized by slightly added mid bass and airy highs. Both are fantastic cables.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #5,688 of 7,901
Do they sell a 4.4mm to lightning adapters etc etc?
Hey bro, unfortunately not at the moment, however you can use TermX, which comes with both 4.4 or lightening.

-Suyang
I'm interested in the Grandioso Black cable with the TermX configuration, but it is sold out on your website. If I buy the cable from another distributer and mail it to you, can you re-terminate it with the TermX configuration?
Thanks for your interest of Grandioso, please drop us an email regarding your interest, we still have a few in stock.

info@effectaudio.com

-Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 13, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #5,689 of 7,901
I never had a Effect audio cable before, and looking to upgrade my 64 Audio u12t IEMs with one. Does anyone have a suggestion they can point me to? I was looking at the EFFECT AUDIO - LEONIDAS II, but man, at $999 its hard to swallow. I am looking for a cable that would have a 4.4m connector, and the leonidas does. Of all the U12t users, which effect audio cable would you recommend?

I'm using the Leo II to great effect with the AudioTiers your set of the VE Phönix at the moment and it is a spectacular combination, gigantic soundstage, energetic, and excellent timbre.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #5,690 of 7,901
Just got myself the Leonidas ii cable (great cable) and the Term X.

I'm using the Leo II to great effect with the AudioTiers your set of the VE Phönix at the moment and it is a spectacular combination, gigantic soundstage, energetic, and excellent timbre.

Ooooh the Leonidas II cable, this brings back such sweet memories! Some years ago I had it on a loan from @Wyville for some weeks, before he auctioned it to support his wifes cancer research project. I remember that I was immediately impressed by its beautiful design, but even more later on by the amazing synergy that it had with the EE Phantom (especially timbre went 'off the charts' with that combination) at that time :)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #5,691 of 7,901
Ooooh the Leonidas II cable, this brings back such sweet memories! Some years ago I had it on a loan from @Wyville for some weeks, before he auctioned it to support his wifes cancer research project. I remember that I was immediately impressed by its beautiful design, but even more later on by the amazing synergy that it had with the EE Phantom (especially timbre went 'off the charts' with that combination) at that time :)
Yes, Leo II was quite a special experience and it did hurt to put it up as the prize for the charity raffle, but I felt it underlined the importance of the cause. My wife and I were very grateful that EA supported us back then and (for anyone interested) my wife's research group has grown and matured a lot since. She now has 6 PhD students from all over the world working for her and a constantly rotating group of enthusiastic Bachelor and Master students. 👩‍🔬

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #5,692 of 7,901
6F874C59-B5EB-44F1-90F3-1E0538D368FD.jpeg

ay-caMAMBA! -- a new toy! Many thanks to @Suyang and his team for making it happen. Now for the 50-100 hour burn-in...

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #5,693 of 7,901
6F874C59-B5EB-44F1-90F3-1E0538D368FD.jpeg
ay-caMAMBA! -- a new toy! Many thanks to @Suyang and his team for making it happen. Now for the 50-100 hour burn-in...

These EA club cable are very special they are one of a kind collector pieces and with tone of black. You are really lucky to be able to get one of the limited quota. Hope you enjoy it and share your impression.

Apr 15, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #5,694 of 7,901
These EA club cable are very special they are one of a kind collector pieces and with tone of black. You are really lucky to be able to get one of the limited quota. Hope you enjoy it and share your impression.
Yes, very blessed indeed, and needed some Suyang intervention too, Anyway, 24 hours on, I sneaked a listen, bright and lean hmm... not cooked yet, I guess. Will check in after another 24H. ✌️

Apr 16, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #5,695 of 7,901
IMG_20220414_071641.jpg

@Wyville @Kerouac Speaking about Leonidas II, I am still enjoying the Leo II with my Customs Zeus XR. The Leo II slightly bump the mid bass that slightly adds to the musicality at the same time maintain liquorly smooth and adictive highs. Basically all the thing I need to further refine the Zeus XR signature to match my preference.

Piggy tail adapter are very useful for those who wanted to use both 2.5 and 4.4 termination for different portable players. Especially for me who have multiple players. For those who have a cable that they really love, for example the Leonidas II. It is totally worth the try.

Apr 16, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #5,696 of 7,901

@Wyville @Kerouac Speaking about Leonidas II, I am still enjoying the Leo II with my Customs Zeus XR. The Leo II slightly bump the mid bass that slightly adds to the musicality at the same time maintain liquorly smooth and adictive highs. Basically all the thing I need to further refine the Zeus XR signature to match my preference.

Piggy tail adapter are very useful for those who wanted to use both 2.5 and 4.4 termination for different portable players. Especially for me who have multiple players. For those who have a cable that they really love, for example the Leonidas II. It is totally worth the try.
Oh yes, I can totally understand (because I also still have the Zeus XR myself) why this is a great synergy combination!

The Zeus XR is quite analytical (delivering micro details in spades), but it can also use some cable help to bring out the lows a bit more imo. Matching it with an (overly) bright cable would probably be overkill to most ears.

And while we're on the 'synergy' subject: this is still one of my own favorite combinations. The EE Phantom + EA Horus (4w)
Phantom & Horus.jpg

Although I also liked the Phantom + Leo II combination a lot (especially its natural timbre came close to perfection with that cable), I ended up with the Horus as that made the Phantom sound even more revealing (details) overall and especially its treble benefited from it to my ears.

So, to me this is (not only a visual) golden combination :)

Just out of curiosity, are there any more amazing (1+1=3) synergy combinations out there?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #5,697 of 7,901
Oh yes, I can totally understand (because I also still have the Zeus XR myself) why this is a great synergy combination!

The Zeus XR is quite analytical (delivering micro details in spades), but it can also use some cable help to bring out the lows a bit more imo. Matching it with an (overly) bright cable would probably be overkill to most ears.

And while we're on the 'synergy' subject: this is still one of my own favorite combinations. The EE Phantom + EA Horus (4w)

Although I also liked the Phantom + Leo II combination a lot (especially its natural timbre came close to perfection with that cable), I ended up with the Horus as that made the Phantom sound even more revealing (details) overall and especially its treble benefited from it to my ears.

So, to me this is (not only a visual) golden combination :)

Just out of curiosity, are there any more amazing (1+1=3) synergy combinations out there?
Apart from the Leo II + Phantom combo, one of the most striking made-for-each-other pairings I heard back in the day was the Jomo Flamenco with what I believe was a 2w Leo + 2w Mars blend. That brought the Flamenco to what I felt was its best, and I thought then that I’d had to buy both or neither. It ended up being the latter, unfortunately, but it was a great experience nonetheless. :D

A more recent one I’ve found would be the A18s with the Janus D. That pairing cleaned up the IEM’s little bumps and niggles, and pushed it that last bit closer to what I’d call my personal reference. It wasn’t the ideal out-and-about set-up, given the cable’s weight and need for an adapter, but it’s, again, a lovely pair nonetheless.

Apr 16, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #5,698 of 7,901
The only EA cable I currently have is the Thor Silver II. I originally bought it for the Trio but I find that it has much better synergy with the LX.

I bought the 1950’s to pair with the LX. This cable brings out the details across the board, but recently I have been craving a little less detail and more musicality, not to mention a more unashamed amount of bass. I find that the Thor provides this. It’s even to the point now where I feel that for my preferences I prefer the Thor Silver II to the 1950’s with LX.

Apr 16, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #5,699 of 7,901
The only EA cable I currently have is the Thor Silver II. I originally bought it for the Trio but I find that it has much better synergy with the LX.

I bought the 1950’s to pair with the LX. This cable brings out the details across the board, but recently I have been craving a little less detail and more musicality, not to mention a more unashamed amount of bass. I find that the Thor provides this. It’s even to the point now where I feel that for my preferences I prefer the Thor Silver II to the 1950’s with LX.

Step up with Cleo Octa IMO. A well balanced cable that doesn't blur high frequency details yet enhances musicality tremendously on the lower end. It should out even better synergy with the LX IMHO

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #5,700 of 7,901
Leo II and Softears Turii.

I was not overly impressed with Turii til I attached the Leonidas 4-wire. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the Leo either, as I went through 8+ IEM's without finding synergy with anything.
Leo brings a bit more slam and bass warmth and measured out the slight grain in the DD treble w/o overdoing it.
The ear hook style, while aggressive (it is you that will conform, not the hook), works great for heavy and small Turii. Ergonomics and sound. It's a special cable to me. I don't think anything will replace it.

Has anyone else heard this combo?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back