Effect Audio cables thread
Oct 1, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #5,356 of 7,908
Hello everyone
I have spoken to effect audio about the suitable pairing for my Audiofly AF1120 mk2 with mmcx connection. While it has been very helpful, I was wondering if someone actually had the IEM and made the suitable pairing. Unfortunately with Covid in Sydney we are still in lockdown and no luck with auditions. The iem are fantastic and provide great balanced sound and I would like to keep that sound signature.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #5,358 of 7,908
Hello everyone
I have spoken to effect audio about the suitable pairing for my Audiofly AF1120 mk2 with mmcx connection. While it has been very helpful, I was wondering if someone actually had the IEM and made the suitable pairing. Unfortunately with Covid in Sydney we are still in lockdown and no luck with auditions. The iem are fantastic and provide great balanced sound and I would like to keep that sound signature.
With the AF1120 MKII I’ve only used the Ares II pairing just to give it a bit more engagement.

What type of “adjustment” did you want out of the AF1120 MKII?

Didn't realise that EA still offered this service. I thought it was only during the initial launch of the ConX connectors.

Thanks for the write up, thanks @EffectAudio !
They still absolutely do. On the initial launch they actually had a really good deal for conversion to ConX. You’ll just be paying more now.

Oct 1, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5,359 of 7,908
Ideally I don’t want to tip the balance and just after a balanced sound. I have very positive experiences with hifi and cables and improvements can be had with aftermarket cables. At the moment looking at Eros 2 as the sweet spot price wise and materials used compared to the price of the iem. Not sure if I want to go to Eros 2 + as I’m looking $449 vs $649. Before you know it incrementally you are looking at $1k.
Ares 2 pairing is there a tip in neutrality of the Af1120?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #5,360 of 7,908
Ideally I don’t want to tip the balance and just after a balanced sound. I have very positive experiences with hifi and cables and improvements can be had with aftermarket cables. At the moment looking at Eros 2 as the sweet spot price wise and materials used compared to the price of the iem. Not sure if I want to go to Eros 2 + as I’m looking $449 vs $649. Before you know it incrementally you are looking at $1k.
Ares 2 pairing is there a tip in neutrality of the Af1120?
I’ll have a go with the EVO series in a couple of days and see how they pair with the AF1120 MKII.

Unfortunately, I haven’t tried the Eros II yet so I am not able to comment on that but the Ares II maintains what I love about the AF1120 with some added sub-bass presence and added clarity and extension in the treble while keeping that lovely midrange tonality.

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #5,361 of 7,908
Unfortunately evo is another $100 or so above the Eros 2, not too keen on going further.
Any feedback on vogue series? The three are supposed to be the mirror or improved version. Ares II is the upgraded version for Maestro while Thor Silver II is an upgrade for Virtuoso and Eros II is for Grandioso.

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #5,362 of 7,908
Very interesting about the ares 2, it’s $249 here in Oz. So a reasonable price, in a matter of speaking. Their range is extensive and each model has few tiers which can intrude into the next model range price wise. Makes it hard to choose without audition. I guess it’s the ultimate choice for tweaking the sound signature of the iem

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #5,363 of 7,908
Originally I was recommended maestro as a first point of upgrade and ares2 seemed like the logical choice as that extra bit in terms of upgrade from that. Now after researching it’s not as clear anymore as to which to pick. The Vogue line or the next one up and most importantly which one in the range for the AF1120

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #5,364 of 7,908
Unfortunately evo is another $100 or so above the Eros 2, not too keen on going further.
Any feedback on vogue series? The three are supposed to be the mirror or improved version. Ares II is the upgraded version for Maestro while Thor Silver II is an upgrade for Virtuoso and Eros II is for Grandioso.

Very interesting about the ares 2, it’s $249 here in Oz. So a reasonable price, in a matter of speaking. Their range is extensive and each model has few tiers which can intrude into the next model range price wise. Makes it hard to choose without audition. I guess it’s the ultimate choice for tweaking the sound signature of the iem

Originally I was recommended maestro as a first point of upgrade and ares2 seemed like the logical choice as that extra bit in terms of upgrade from that. Now after researching it’s not as clear anymore as to which to pick. The Vogue line or the next one up and most importantly which one in the range for the AF1120
Yeah, at this point it’s good to try them out yourself if you have the means to.

So far from Effect Audio, I’ve only ever tried the EVO series, Ares II, Cleopatra, and the Janus B. The latter two haven’t been converted to ConX yet so I’m not sure how those would perform alongside the AF1120.

It’s your ears that would decide which one you’d like/prefer after all.

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #5,365 of 7,908
Yeah, at this point it’s good to try them out yourself if you have the means to.

So far from Effect Audio, I’ve only ever tried the EVO series, Ares II, Cleopatra, and the Janus B. The latter two haven’t been converted to ConX yet so I’m not sure how those would perform alongside the AF1120.

It’s your ears that would decide which one you’d like/prefer after all.
If you wanna try Eros 2 I do have one, if we ever meet up ^^

Oct 3, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #5,366 of 7,908
Hi folks,

wonder if you guys can help me to find a good cable/pairing for my Solaris 2020 (with DX300 - AMP 12).

was thinking about getting ConX version so that I can switch between cables in the future (looking at re-buying u12t in future).thanks all.

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #5,367 of 7,908
Oct 3, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,368 of 7,908
With the AF1120 MKII I’ve only used the Ares II pairing just to give it a bit more engagement.

What type of “adjustment” did you want out of the AF1120 MKII?

They still absolutely do. On the initial launch they actually had a really good deal for conversion to ConX. You’ll just be paying more now.
Where/who do I request this service from (converting pre owned cable to conx)?

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #5,369 of 7,908
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 3, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #5,370 of 7,908

Users who are viewing this thread

Back