Effect Audio cables thread
May 2, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,456 of 7,904
wonder if you had a chance comparing the horus vs plussound gps? They are the same type right, gold plated silver?
The PS GPS has a pleasant tonality but it is one of the least detailed cables I’ve heard. Worked in some really specific pairings for me

May 2, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #4,457 of 7,904
The PS GPS has a pleasant tonality but it is one of the least detailed cables I’ve heard. Worked in some really specific pairings for me

interesting as that is what I also figured out after many ab testing vs my pw1960 4 wires

May 2, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #4,458 of 7,904
wonder if you had a chance comparing the horus vs plussound gps? They are the same type right, gold plated silver?
It did make me think about the plusound GPS when I listened to the Horus, and so they may have something in common. I didn’t get to a/b them though so I cannot say for sure.

May 7, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #4,459 of 7,904
Here it is, the full detailed review of EA Horus X cable. Enjoy the read :wink:

ea_horus-x-05.jpg

May 9, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #4,460 of 7,904
Hi guys, am looking for a balanced 4.4 cable for my EE Vantage. Was considering the Eros ii as it seemed to have a better staging and extension compared to ares ii. But now I see the EA Grandioso is similar. Is it a good substitute for the Eros ii?

I'm looking to keep the traits of the monitor: smooth mids, warm and big bodied low mids and bass, and better technicalities. Some extension in treble is good but not a must.

Not sure if this is the right place but other brands' cable recommendations would be good too. TIA!

May 11, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #4,461 of 7,904
Effect Audio - Vogue Series (VIRTUOSO BLACK Special Black Edition)
Dear board members,
today I wann give you a quick review about a fresh Effect Audio cable.

The VIRTUOSO BLACK cable from the Vogue Series.

I am a musician (drummer) & sound engineer (Front of house, Monitors) and I use 64Audio A18t as my main tool, sometimes the A8 on drums.
For many years I used various EA cables and was always very happy with them.
The build quality is without a doubt superior. So the customer service is.
Don't look at the price tag guys!
In the rough touring business, it's just a matter of time and you'll break a cable, thats part of the game.
EffectAudio never let me down and repaired all of my outages. Best in business!

Most of the EffectAudio cables are rock solid and thats a feature. They're thick and have a very high value over all feel.
On stage where you need best ergonomics, smooth & silky feel on skin and a stealth look this can be a downside.

I reached out to the EA team and they introduced me to the VIRTUOSO cable.

Awesome! It's that simple. The ergonomics and flexibility of the cable is great. The Y-splitter sits tight and never moves, no matter how hard and sweaty the show gets.

The overall sound quality is the same top notch as you would expect it from EA.

Today I received my Lake People Phone-Amp G100 and tested it behind the drums. This trio (G100 > EA VIRTUOSO > 64Audio A18t) is so damn thick you have to smile :wink:

This cable is the perfect allrounder for onstage, sports or when you just go out for a walk. It just feels nice when you wrap it up. It has no memory effect at all!

Here are some pics of the nice black cable:
Photos - 1 of 6.jpegPhotos - 2 of 6.jpegPhotos - 3 of 6.jpegPhotos - 4 of 6.jpegPhotos - 5 of 6.jpegPhotos - 6 of 6.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #4,463 of 7,904
Have you received your EVE :)

I have to say this is one of the best sounding IEM at this price range, great work done @Vision Ears !!!

WechatIMG1.jpeg

"For relaxing times... Make it.. Suntory time!" :ksc75smile:
The photo reminded me of this clip.. Its humour comes in part from an interpreter who is clearly out of her depth and trying to hide it.
The genius of this clip (if it plays in everyone's regions) is that you can click the "CC" icon on the screen to switch on accurate subtitles.
If you haven't seen it before, watch first without subs, and then with. This was a treat for me; I've always wondered what the director was saying. :)

May 21, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #4,464 of 7,904
Who's this happy camper?

It's Mr. Aaron Muramoto from Hawaii!

The lucky draw winner of the Effect Audio Leonidas Leather Casing from our coupon event!

Congratulations once more Aaron!

On a separate note, does anyone here have pictures of our leather casing (any model) to showcase as well?

Aaron Muramoto - Leather Casing.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #4,465 of 7,904
Who's this happy camper?

It's Mr. Aaron Muramoto from Hawaii!

The lucky draw winner of the Effect Audio Leonidas Leather Casing from our coupon event!

Congratulations once more Aaron!

On a separate note, does anyone here have pictures of our leather casing (any model) to showcase as well?

Aaron Muramoto - Leather Casing.jpg
Not a bad place to be in lockdown! :grin:

May 24, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #4,467 of 7,904
I caught a portion of it. Great information and good presentation.

May 24, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #4,470 of 7,904
Anyone know that should we put a desiccant inside our case to prevent cable oxidized? Or no need?
You may certainly do so, or the other alternative is to polish it with a light touch of vaseline every once in a while (a couple of months) to minimise oxidisation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back