Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 28, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #4,276 of 7,904
Thanks, man. I can't tell you how chuffed I am that you've noticed the dust-free-ness. Photoshopping away specks of dust is literally where 90% of my time editing photos is spent. Heck, it's the only reason my Dream XLS review isn't out yet. :D But, I think that attention to detail is necessary for the best possible output, and I'm happy that there are at least a few out there who recognise and appreciate the effort. :)
Really well done! Dust is always a major problem for me because I don't have software to remove it. Perhaps a good thing I still don't have that macro lens. Not sure my OCD could cope. :sweat_smile:

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #4,277 of 7,904
Cheers, Suyang. Your gorgeous products make it easy. :wink:

Thanks, man. I can't tell you how chuffed I am that you've noticed the dust-free-ness. Photoshopping away specks of dust is literally where 90% of my time editing photos is spent. Heck, it's the only reason my Dream XLS review isn't out yet. :D But, I think that attention to detail is necessary for the best possible output, and I'm happy that there are at least a few out there who recognise and appreciate the effort. :)

Dust in Asia lol.. always a challenge :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #4,278 of 7,904
Every time @Deezel177 reviews and likes something I know I'm in trouble... Especially if it's made out of unobtanium

The good news is a friend and I have made a pact to set a monthly budget for each other so them decisions should become at least a little more sensible :D

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #4,279 of 7,904
I have a problem with registering an account on effect audio website, and I am seeking for help. I have tried to register an account using 4 different emails (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, and edu), but I have not received any confirmation email with the "confirmation code" or anything. So I cannot login with the accounts that I have registered. Any advice?

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #4,280 of 7,904
I have a problem with registering an account on effect audio website, and I am seeking for help. I have tried to register an account using 4 different emails (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, and edu), but I have not received any confirmation email with the "confirmation code" or anything. So I cannot login with the accounts that I have registered. Any advice?

I have checked junk/spam and anywhere else in my mailbox. And I have also sent emails to info@effectaudio.com and eric@effectaudio.com but got no responses. I'm so frustrated.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #4,281 of 7,904

Maybe easier to deal with Musicteck since they are EA official US distributor? Or do you need something custom? Also, keep in mind it's CNY time now.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #4,282 of 7,904
Maybe easier to deal with Musicteck since they are EA official US distributor? Or do you need something custom? Also, keep in mind it's CNY time now.

It has been a week since I emailed info@ea. Maybe it’s due to CNY holidays.

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #4,284 of 7,904
Great initial impression...like the attention to detail about the packaging. As others have said, great pics. Do you do all your post in Photoshop or do you also use Lightroom?

Thanks! I always edit initially in Lightroom (colour, light, cropping, etc.). Then, I go to Photoshop to remove whatever dust, reflections or other imperfections I find in the image.

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #4,285 of 7,904
I've tried and owned so many audio cables but code 51 surely surpasses in all aspect including ergonomics, sound, usability, etc.
The cable costing more than the price of some totl Daps and IEMs this wouldn't be a surprise but still this is a remarkable cable
which I can feel the differences. I just wish the Dap/IEM vendors would stick to one standard so I don't have to deal with all these adapters.

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #4,286 of 7,904
I've tried and owned so many audio cables but code 51 surely surpasses in all aspect including ergonomics, sound, usability, etc.
The cable costing more than the price of some totl Daps and IEMs this wouldn't be a surprise but still this is a remarkable cable
which I can feel the differences. I just wish the Dap/IEM vendors would stick to one standard so I don't have to deal with all these adapters.
3.5 single ended #MasterRace

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #4,288 of 7,904
@dhc0329 that's high praise and I believe it for the Code51. I saw that you're selling your Horus - could you speak to the comfort of the two? Is one more comfortable than the other, given the different wire gauges, or perhaps one is more stiff than the other? Thanks for any thoughts!

-Collin-

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #4,289 of 7,904
Well, it may be headed that way. Sony, Lotoo, Cayin have 4.4mm, among others, so we just have to get A&K on board. :wink:

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #4,290 of 7,904
@dhc0329 that's high praise and I believe it for the Code51. I saw that you're selling your Horus - could you speak to the comfort of the two? Is one more comfortable than the other, given the different wire gauges, or perhaps one is more stiff than the other? Thanks for any thoughts!
-Collin-

Given the thickness of cable Horus is still lighter but didn't feel much difference in comfort. I was a bit concern about the titanium Y splitter of Code51 being too heavy on ears
but soon I realized it was just about the right amount weight for best ergonomics. The Horus appears to be stiffer and have a little more microphonics than Code51 although
the level of cable noise on these is not of significance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back