Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #4,246 of 7,908
As an aside, can anyone get into the Effect Audio website, getting back malicious link flags. I've not managed to get in for ages. Using Mailwarebytes, Kaspersky and even BT are reporting issues....!

Am based in England, UK as well :)
I just successfully loaded the website at the following address:
https://www.effectaudio.com
Not sure if deleting/resetting cookies in your browser would help?

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #4,247 of 7,908
As an aside, can anyone get into the Effect Audio website, getting back malicious link flags. I've not managed to get in for ages. Using Mailwarebytes, Kaspersky and even BT are reporting issues....!

Based in the US and no issues for me either, and haven't had any over the last few weeks, same url as @Layman1 https://www.effectaudio.com

Have you tried another browser?

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #4,248 of 7,908
No issuse in US. Just bought some wires the other day matter of fact.

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #4,249 of 7,908

Pairing Solaris OG with DX220 AMP8EX-FE with Janus D cable...
Dynamic sounds that put Vocal as main highlights... more reference sounding IMHO...

Still prefer Janus B for Solaris OG...
unique sounding comes from unique Material & tuning... I liked...

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #4,253 of 7,908
I ordered a cable a month ago.. They were a bit late in shipping it (12 days) but the tracking number only seems to work on the Singpost site not my domestic service.
Anyone else experience this? The cable apparently landed in Canada a week ago but it's still not here and tracking through Canadapost doesn't recognize the tracking number.
Maybe it's not sent in a way that is trackable but I haven't heard back from EA so I thought I'd ask here.
Not truly worried yet just typical impatience. :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4,254 of 7,908
I ordered a cable a month ago.. They were a bit late in shipping it (12 days) but the tracking number only seems to work on the Singpost site not my domestic service.
Anyone else experience this? The cable apparently landed in Canada a week ago but it's still not here and tracking through Canadapost doesn't recognize the tracking number.
Maybe it's not sent in a way that is trackable but I haven't heard back from EA so I thought I'd ask here.
Not truly worried yet just typical impatience. :)

Hi @SBranson! do you mind sending me a DM, let me assist you from there! Cheers!

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #4,255 of 7,908
Hi @SBranson! do you mind sending me a DM, let me assist you from there! Cheers!

Thanks for the help. Turns out that the tracking doesn’t work past reaching Canada so it’s just typical slow mail service. Hopefully it’ll be here soon.

Jan 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #4,257 of 7,908
I am looking for a pair of upgrade cables for my SE5WAY-ult monitors, selecting from either Horus or Leo-ii-octa (same price range). Which one is better? Any advice would be appreciatable. Thanks.

Cory

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #4,258 of 7,908
I am looking for a pair of upgrade cables for my SE5WAY-ult monitors, selecting from either Horus or Leo-ii-octa (same price range). Which one is better? Any advice would be appreciatable. Thanks.

Cory

Both cables are highly competent with one and other and to be honest and it's really a tough call to choose between this 2 models. Ultimately it boils down to what you're sound you're looking to achieve as i felt that the projection of "Horus" inclines towards a neutral tonality , it enhances the transparency and resolution of the sound it projects. Whereas for the Leonidas II, it sounds thicker and fuller, with incredible texture highlighted on the midrange.

For comfort wise, The "Horus" 4 wire configuration will definitely be more favourable because you can't feel it's presence when you don the cables,It's that comfortable. The "Leonidas II" on the other hand would be slightly heavier but not much of a concern as it remains supple. I hope this explains, Cheers!

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #4,259 of 7,908
Both cables are highly competent with one and other and to be honest and it's really a tough call to choose between this 2 models. Ultimately it boils down to what you're sound you're looking to achieve as i felt that the projection of "Horus" inclines towards a neutral tonality , it enhances the transparency and resolution of the sound it projects. Whereas for the Leonidas II, it sounds thicker and fuller, with incredible texture highlighted on the midrange.

For comfort wise, The "Horus" 4 wire configuration will definitely be more favourable because you can't feel it's presence when you don the cables,It's that comfortable. The "Leonidas II" on the other hand would be slightly heavier but not much of a concern as it remains supple. I hope this explains, Cheers!

Thank you for your reply. I'd take that the horus is an uncolored, balanced cable, while the leo-ii has an extended, forward, aggressive mid, is that correct?

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #4,260 of 7,908
Thank you for your reply. I'd take that the horus is an uncolored, balanced cable, while the leo-ii has an extended, forward, aggressive mid, is that correct?

IMO, I wouldn't use the words "aggressive" or "forward" to describe the mids on the Leo II Octa. When Paul says the LeoII mids are "thicker" and "fuller" that is accurate. It's not that the mids are necessarily more "in your face" on the Z axis. They take up more space "laterally" in the X,Y axes. Also the Octa adds more weight all around especially in the mid-bass downward.

At the same time the Horus is not thin or strident sounding at all, merely transparent. It also has a a kind of fulness, that, to my ears, is more natural and more precisely follows the timbral contours of the source sound.

The choice, of course, will come down to your system and tastes, whether you're looking a thicker or clearer sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back