Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,201 of 7,907
I bought the Maestro with an MMCX connector but I have a problem with the connection. It snaps in place but sits really shallow and loose with my JVC. My DIY cable and the stock cable snaps in just fine. Is the one on the Effect Audio fit for Shures/Westones only?

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #4,202 of 7,907
Here you go, my Code 51 review is up!!! Enjoy :)

ea_code-51-08.jpg

Dec 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #4,203 of 7,907
Here you go, my Code 51 review is up!!! Enjoy :)

Thanks Twister! This was–exactly–the review I was looking for. I not only appreciated the aspects of your analysis but the sound wisdom you used to navigate through it all. The advice you gave was incredibly helpful in assessing the technical merits of Code51 vs. other cables.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #4,204 of 7,907
Thanks Twister! This was–exactly–the review I was looking for. I not only appreciated the aspects of your analysis but the sound wisdom you used to navigate through it all. The advice you gave was incredibly helpful in assessing the technical merits of Code51 vs. other cables.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Btw, any other fellow nerds saw what I did with the title of my review, '3F45 EA' ? :wink:

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #4,205 of 7,907
A new cable made its way into my stable today as I switch a few things over to 2.5mm, and I want to give a huge shout out to MusicTeck here in the states. They are the local distributor of EA cables and they are awesome to deal with each and every time I have the pleasure of purchasing a cable (or anything else). Yes the cable (EA Cleo/Leo) is amazing, but I'm still basking in the fact that yesterday I made the decision to purchase the cable and today it arrived via Express mail. They've been super helpful in answering all of my seemingly-endless questions and they've made the process of going down the rabbit hole with cables that much easier.

Now, without further ado...

IMG_1489.JPG

Without question one of the most beautiful cables I have had the pleasure of owning. While it's an 8-wire, the comfort is off the charts and the sound with Legend X is exactly what I was hoping for. Preserving that fun and amazing bass slam, details galore, sparkly treble and a massively expansive soundstage. I planned to also try this on the Noble Khan and Dream XLS, but I don't want to remove it now. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

-Collin-

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #4,206 of 7,907
A new cable made its way into my stable today as I switch a few things over to 2.5mm, and I want to give a huge shout out to MusicTeck here in the states. They are the local distributor of EA cables and they are awesome to deal with each and every time I have the pleasure of purchasing a cable (or anything else). Yes the cable (EA Cleo/Leo) is amazing, but I'm still basking in the fact that yesterday I made the decision to purchase the cable and today it arrived via Express mail. They've been super helpful in answering all of my seemingly-endless questions and they've made the process of going down the rabbit hole with cables that much easier.

Without question one of the most beautiful cables I have had the pleasure of owning. While it's an 8-wire, the comfort is off the charts and the sound with Legend X is exactly what I was hoping for. Preserving that fun and amazing bass slam, details galore, sparkly treble and a massively expansive soundstage. I planned to also try this on the Noble Khan and Dream XLS, but I don't want to remove it now. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

-Collin-
The Bespoke Leo-Cleo comfortably remains my favorite EA cable and makes for an amazing pairing with my Noir

Great purchase dude, congrats! :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #4,207 of 7,907
The Bespoke Leo-Cleo comfortably remains my favorite EA cable and makes for an amazing pairing with my Noir

Great purchase dude, congrats! :)

Wondering what the Leo/Cleo combo brings over a Leo Octa.. Any thoughts, anyone? :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #4,208 of 7,907
I bought the Maestro with an MMCX connector but I have a problem with the connection. It snaps in place but sits really shallow and loose with my JVC. My DIY cable and the stock cable snaps in just fine. Is the one on the Effect Audio fit for Shures/Westones only?

Hi @AudioAw2015 , i apologise for the late response, Can you send me more details via DM regarding about this problem you're facing? Cheers!

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #4,209 of 7,907

-Collin-

Glad that you're enjoying our cables!! Dang this set up looks so sexy!!

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #4,210 of 7,907
Hi all, spent some time with a very special lady...

oh dear! How I’m supposed to stop wanting to buy another cable after I read reviews like this? It sounds like the Cleo and the Trio go really well together. Twister6 said a similar thing in his review of this cable. Damn it! I am going to have to tell my wife to hide my credit card.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #4,211 of 7,907
oh dear! How I’m supposed to stop wanting to buy another cable after I read reviews like this? It sounds like the Cleo and the Trio go really well together. Twister6 said a similar thing in his review of this cable. Damn it! I am going to have to tell my wife to hide my credit card.
Yep, it is indeed a really good pairing and I used it a lot a couple of months ago. The cable itself is also really comfortable and very pretty. Just try to restrain yourself. :wink:

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #4,213 of 7,907
@Deferenz It's okay, you can hide your credit card, but just send me your credit card details....I'll process it for ya!!:imp::imp:

We could have a deal...how about processing a charge for the Ares II but you actually send me the Horus. :smile_phones:

Oh well, I have to try!

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #4,214 of 7,907
Just ran a blind test with Code 51 vs Horus pigtail adapters. People argue if they can or can't hear the difference between cables, so I wanted to find out if the same goes for adapters. The cable is typically 1.2m, pigtail adapters about 6" with a wire part being only 2.5"-3". Typically, I prefer pigtail adapters since they extend the cable instead of extending the plug, so it looks cleaner. In theory, shouldn't be a big contributing factor since this is a short piece of wire, but in practice turned out to be a different story.

Tested it with LPGT, playing the same track at the same volume, using U18t w/Code 51, and my wife switching between Code 51 and Horus pigtail adapters while I'm not looking. Got it right every single time, with Code 51 adapter giving a touch more body to the mids while Horus making it a touch brighter. Very subtle difference, but with trained ears you can pick it up. Again, all goes along with the conclusion of my Code 51 review, some people go for a perfection at a premium cost, especially when dealing with 4.4mm and 2.5mm flagship DAPs.

The picture below also shows the difference between thinner 26AWG Horus wires (the slightly longer pigtail adapter at the bottom) vs thicker 24AWG Code 51 wires (the one above it). Still, both adapters feel supple. And, Code 51 pigtail adapter also has matching titanium housing plugs.

ea_code-51-pigtail-02.jpg

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #4,215 of 7,907
Just ran a blind test with Code 51 vs Horus pigtail adapters. People argue if they can or can't hear the difference between cables, so I wanted to find out if the same goes for adapters. The cable is typically 1.2m, pigtail adapters about 6" with a wire part being only 2.5"-3". Typically, I prefer pigtail adapters since they extend the cable instead of extending the plug, so it looks cleaner. In theory, shouldn't be a big contributing factor since this is a short piece of wire, but in practice turned out to be a different story.

Tested it with LPGT, playing the same track at the same volume, using U18t w/Code 51, and my wife switching between Code 51 and Horus pigtail adapters while I'm not looking. Got it right every single time, with Code 51 adapter giving a touch more body to the mids while Horus making it a touch brighter. Very subtle difference, but with trained ears you can pick it up. Again, all goes along with the conclusion of my Code 51 review, some people go for a perfection at a premium cost, especially when dealing with 4.4mm and 2.5mm flagship DAPs.

The picture below also shows the difference between thinner 26AWG Horus wires (the slightly longer pigtail adapter at the bottom) vs thicker 24AWG Code 51 wires (the one above it). Still, both adapters feel supple. And, Code 51 pigtail adapter also has matching titanium housing plugs.

"bUt WAs iT PROpErlY CoNDuCteD?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back