Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 11, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #3,916 of 7,907
Question to the long term owners of EA cables, does the ones that has PVC shield gets rigid and brittle?

Got an EE Legend X these days and I am loving the Ares II cable and was already with my eyes on the Eros II, but I saw some people had this issue with EA cables that "coincidentally" has PVC as cover.

PS.: Just for reference of those that never heard about PVC properties, PVC is known to be sensible to UV light (just leave a garden hose under the sun light for a few weeks and you will see). Some companies uses special tricks to avoid that.

Hey bro, thank you so much for your enquiries, to answer your question, disintegration and discolouration occurs while the cables are not kept or properly taken care of.
If you are to use it often, and take proper care like storing it in cool and dry places avoiding the sunlight, It'll definitely help pro-long the longevity of the cables. I hope this explains.

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #3,919 of 7,907
I would like to join the Vogue tour

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #3,920 of 7,907
Thanks for the quick feedback, guys. Really appreciated.

It's just inevitable to have the cables exposed to sunlight if someone uses the earphones outside, even artificial light can produce UV radiation. Knowing that PVC is susceptible to UV light, that should be avoided as some are already doing implementing PE and other materials.

Anyway, something for me to have in mind on my next cable investment as I really want a hybrid and a pure copper one. :)

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #3,921 of 7,907
I sent my Leo II to upgrade to Leo II OCTA two weeks age. Today it came back, and these 8-wries are absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!
IMG_2237.jpeg

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #3,923 of 7,907
Just received my Leonidas II cable paired with Andro and WM1A. Despite my skepticism and hate for paying this much for one cable I'm dumbfounded by how good this combo sounds OOTB. All the review and research couldn't prepare me for this. Lionheart was a decent cable for me but didn't match well with Andro so I had prepared myself for disappointment. I've always thought of Andro as a good iem but not one that moves me emotionally like Vega and Lyra II. Leonidas II is bringing a rumble, fullness, and refinement to the Andro that wasn't there before.

Now I ask myself why does this combo, more specifically the Leonidas II make music sound more real than I've ever heard before? Why have so many cables I've tried miss the mark(with Andro)and this one seems to hit every note? I tried to be more budget minded when it came to cables, but I just always had that itch. Scary times for my wallet these days.

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #3,924 of 7,907
Just received my Leonidas II cable paired with Andro and WM1A. Despite my skepticism and hate for paying this much for one cable I'm dumbfounded by how good this combo sounds OOTB. All the review and research couldn't prepare me for this. Lionheart was a decent cable for me but didn't match well with Andro so I had prepared myself for disappointment. I've always thought of Andro as a good iem but not one that moves me emotionally like Vega and Lyra II. Leonidas II is bringing a rumble, fullness, and refinement to the Andro that wasn't there before.

Now I ask myself why does this combo, more specifically the Leonidas II make music sound more real than I've ever heard before? Why have so many cables I've tried miss the mark(with Andro)and this one seems to hit every note? I tried to be more budget minded when it came to cables, but I just always had that itch. Scary times for my wallet these days.

If it makes you feel better Leo II doesn't just sound better than cheaper cables, it also sounds better than more expensive cables. i think it's actually one of the best bargains among high performing cables.

Also, I think you'll agree that the kind of sonic upgrades you're getting are not subtle like you would expect from an "accessory." They are the kind of gains you would get from pricey component upgrades.

Not only that, but when you do upgrade components, including IEMs, the Leo will stay with you and keep scaling up right along with the rest of the chain.

So, all in all, I think it's actually a really good investment. I think companies like EA rightly force us to rethink how we allocate funds in audio.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #3,927 of 7,907
I sent my Leo II to upgrade to Leo II OCTA two weeks age. Today it came back, and these 8-wries are absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!
WOW is right!!

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #3,930 of 7,907
Oh please look at this gorgeous cable. It is so satisfying.

IMG_20190913_162958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back