Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 25, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #3,676 of 7,907
Wish I tried the Janus B with Andromeda during my time there.

I always thought Janus D is sounding much better than Janus B but I was wrong. At the CanJam SoCal I got a chance to prove that the Janus B is actually very impressive to my ears when listening with DX220 and Phantoms via Eros II 8 wire. :smile_phones:

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,677 of 7,907
I always thought Janus D is sounding much better than Janus B but I was wrong. At the CanJam SoCal I got a chance to prove that the Janus B is actually very impressive to my ears when listening with DX220 and Phantoms via Eros II 8 wire. :smile_phones:

I think it really depends what IEM you are pairing with them. They are both spectacular cables. The Basso is amazing on my U18ts and the Dynamic is amazing on my Solarises. Unfortunately I could only afford one but I sure wish I could have both.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,679 of 7,907
@Wyville Thanks for your input. I tried several Effect Audio cables this weekend and the Leonidas II was a great pairing with the Phantoms, as well as the Janus D Dynamic. Given that I had other items to purchase, I couldn't get those cables and went with your Eros II suggestion. It sounded great during the demo and am looking forward to getting my own cable in the near future.
Great to hear, I hope you will like the pairing as much as I do! I was cable rolling a bit the last few days and at one point had Lionheart on my Phantom, which is great with the right source (not so with my AK70 from balanced), but eventually just ended up back with Eros II because I like it so much. (Lionheart is now paired with the U12t and M15 apex modules, btw, which is a really impressive pairing.)

Would love to give Janus D a try at one point, as a lot of people really like that one paired with the Phantom.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #3,680 of 7,907
Hello NickL33... I can confirm those connectors we have revealed at SoCal are not yet the finalised version. :relaxed:
Be prepared to be amazed... :ksc75smile:

Woo.... Now i am even more excited...

Do we have an ETA of release?

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #3,681 of 7,907
I decided to sell my Horus 8 to fund my next purchase. PM me if you are interested...

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #3,682 of 7,907
I was in a similar situation, read the Leo II octa review on headfonics i think, and they say its pretty good but not an 800USD upgrade from Leo II.

Do note 8 wire makes it less portable if that's what you had planned for, i went and bought Leo II.

I heard that PW Audio 1950's is a pretty awesome pairing for A18T, falls in the similar price bracket.

I have to second that... if portability is a concern the 8 wire is great, but will eventually get in the way... I have the LEO II and I’d be hard pressed to find someone who can make me part ways with it when it comes to the listening experience....

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #3,683 of 7,907
8C296503-7E08-4835-9DFA-FAAD1A728FEE.png

Wow!

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #3,684 of 7,907

Sickening. Even the marketing copy is literally nothing but fluff.

Oh well, fools and their money :L3000:
Whatever floats your yacht.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,686 of 7,907

Meh.

People will buy these - there are more than a handful of people who bought the original Arthur at ~$4700USD locally even though it's just a non-switch Zeus + a $2500 cable (and even more with the Merlin, which is ~$2000 for a Spartan IV + a $1250 cable).

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #3,688 of 7,907
Meh.

People will buy these - there are more than a handful of people who bought the original Arthur at ~$4700USD locally even though it's just a non-switch Zeus + a $2500 cable (and even more with the Merlin, which is ~$2000 for a Spartan IV + a $1250 cable).

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

It certainly is a lot of money, but then people buy $3.6k flagship iems and $2k cables to go along with it and everyone accepts that. But when you see it being offered in a bundle, the sticker price becomes a shocker :D

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #3,689 of 7,907
It certainly is a lot of money, but then people buy $3.6k flagship iems and $2k cables to go along with it and everyone accepts that. But when you see it being offered in a bundle, the sticker price becomes a shocker :D

Do they? I suppose an Effect Audio thread isn’t the best place to say this, but having tried everything from the Horus to the 1960 pretty extensively, I find expensive cables to be a pretty big waste of money. (Hasn’t stopped me from buying aftermarket cables in the past, but sound improvements have never been my reason for doing so.)

And no matter how you put it, $6.8k is a massive money grab. But again, to each their own.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #3,690 of 7,907
Do they? I suppose an Effect Audio thread isn’t the best place to say this, but having tried everything from the Horus to the 1960 pretty extensively, I find expensive cables to be a pretty big waste of money. (Hasn’t stopped me from buying aftermarket cables in the past, but sound improvements have never been my reason for doing so.)

And no matter how you put it, $6.8k is a massive money grab. But again, to each their own.

I was just making a general comment, rather than defending or condemning :wink: Just an interesting observation where in some threads people talk about buying/using $2k+ cables with their $2k-$3k+ IEMs, and usually nobody says "this is crazy". But when a manufacturer offers a bundle of a premium IEM/cable with a big price tag, it gets people triggered :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back