Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 14, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #3,647 of 7,865
Is there a Cleo Octa review anywhere? I can’t see to find one.

Just got back from my audio store. Owner actually just received a Cleo Octa yesterday so I'm eager to try it out. Turns out there's something wrong with the left side one, could be the connector but I'm not sure. There would be this loud noise whenever volume is turned up. So sad that I didn't get to hear one. Been waiting for it too :frowning2:

On the other hand, found out about King Arthur's price: US$6,888 :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,648 of 7,865
On the other hand, found out about King Arthur's price: US$6,888 :astonished::astonished::astonished:

tenor (71).gif

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #3,653 of 7,865
canjam socal2019-head-Fi.jpg

A call to all ye Head-Fiers and audiophiles alike:

Come experience the Mysterious Cables exclusive at CanJam SoCal 2019~!!

Drop by our booth to audition 3 unique unreleased cables and stand a chance to win Effect Audio "Leonidas II" worth US$888!!

This Canjam SoCal, we're bringing by a very refreshing set of un-released cables. To participate in this draw simply do the following :

1) Drop by Canjam SoCal, Effect Audio Booth
2) Ask Eric for the "Mysterious Cables Audition"
3) Post your thoughts on the cables on Effect Audio HeadFi thread
4) Make a guess on how much each of the cable models would retail at

Good Luck!! See you all at CanJam SoCal!! :wink:

Saturday & Sunday, June 22-23
Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #3,656 of 7,865
those three cables are amazing!! I talked to Eric and I demoed the three mysterious and Cleopatra octa and horus 8.
the first was a copper one and I think it is better than Ares II+ IMO and better ergonomics. the sound signature is warm and detailed slightly increase the soundstage with little deeper and wider. I think it is a replacement for ares II+ so I guess it is around 250~280 price range
the second was a silver cable and it is a very unique cable that with smooth treble not harsh and kind of airy. the bass was very deep and very unusual as a silver cable also neutral sound signature. it is my favorite silver cable so far since I heard a lot of silver cable that is very harsh in treble and also loses a lot of bass quantity and quality. I feel like it deserves 600 to buy this cable. PS: IMO, it is better than Cleopatra.
the third one was a copper-silver hybrid. I usually not prefer a copper-silver hybrid cable because they never work out. they always can't improve the bass with copper part and also can't improve the treble part with silver which always a disaster. however, this one is very different from other silver-copper cables. the bass is tightened and deeper a neutral cable with the detailed and smooth treble. the synergy of copper and silver is well expressed. this one I feel like it's about 450~500.
Anyway, it is a nice meeting with Eric. I wish I can demo horus 8 way earlier then I won't buy Leo II and Janus B LOL. Horus 8 is a beast but no one can buy it anymore which makes me feel sad. nice work EA fellas!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #3,657 of 7,865
Hi there! Between the Cleopatra and the Leonidas II, which would you recommend? I'm looking for mids, detail and clarity

Thanks! :)

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #3,659 of 7,865
Hi there! Between the Cleopatra and the Leonidas II, which would you recommend? I'm looking for mids, detail and clarity

Thanks! :)

When I was deciding between those two, and auditioning it with my Trio, I went with the Cleopatra. For the price difference, it's well worth it.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #3,660 of 7,865

A call to all ye Head-Fiers and audiophiles alike:

Come experience the Mysterious Cables exclusive at CanJam SoCal 2019~!!

Drop by our booth to audition 3 unique unreleased cables and stand a chance to win Effect Audio "Leonidas II" worth US$888!!

This Canjam SoCal, we're bringing by a very refreshing set of un-released cables. To participate in this draw simply do the following :

1) Drop by Canjam SoCal, Effect Audio Booth
2) Ask Eric for the "Mysterious Cables Audition"
3) Post your thoughts on the cables on Effect Audio HeadFi thread
4) Make a guess on how much each of the cable models would retail at

Good Luck!! See you all at CanJam SoCal!! :wink:

Saturday & Sunday, June 22-23
Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612

pic.jpg

pic(1).jpg

So, anyone else has turned up at SoCal this weekend?
Do tell us about your impression of the Mysterious Cables! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back