Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 7, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #3,451 of 7,907
i understand where some of you guys come from, and not defending any business with bad customer services whatsoever, but i will give them a pass for this 'once in a year' local trade show that will stressed their resources to the fullest. No doubt there are lots of business partners in town during this timw, numerous meetings night and days, show prep and making sure everything are ready when the show starts. I guessed only when you run a small business will you truly understand how stressful all this can be. Not saying things cannot be better handled, but for me i might just avoid ordering during this time? Just my 2 cents...

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #3,452 of 7,907
Cheers Daniel! Now, did you type that post with a 32-wire Leonidas III prototype in your ear while in the secret VIP room at CanJam? :) :) :)

Hey man, I did not. :D I’ve been spending most of my time with a new combo, actually: 64 Audio’s A6t + Effect Audio’s Cleopatra. I find it tames and wets the highs ala Lionheart (in some respects), but without sacrificing the cleanliness, airiness and separation that the A6t excels at (which the Lionheart has been known to do). I find the refined top-end creates more headroom for the A6t’s dense, powerful midrange as well, so those instruments sound more free and effortless.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #3,453 of 7,907
Hey man, I did not. :D I’ve been spending most of my time with a new combo, actually: 64 Audio’s A6t + Effect Audio’s Cleopatra. I find it tames and wets the highs ala Lionheart (in some respects), but without sacrificing the cleanliness, airiness and separation that the A6t excels at (which the Lionheart has been known to do). I find the refined top-end creates more headroom for the A6t’s dense, powerful midrange as well, so those instruments sound more free and effortless.

... so i NEED my Cleopatra... NOW!! :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #3,454 of 7,907
I've noticed this has become a more and more frequent complaint. Hopefully, Eric implements the improved follow-up procedures he alluded to on his interview ASAP.

I have no problem with them being busy with the trade show. That’s perfectly understandable, and I know it’s a big part of their business. What I do have a problem with, though, is them writing me earlier this week and saying, “I have personally looked into your order and it will definitely ship today,” and then it not happening. That was four days ago and it still hasn’t shipped.

I know it’s a small business, but if you say something like that to a customer, it really should be the truth. It just leaves a bad impression with the overall experience of dealing with them.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #3,455 of 7,907
I have no problem with them being busy with the trade show. That’s perfectly understandable, and I know it’s a big part of their business. What I do have a problem with, though, is them writing me earlier this week and saying, “I have personally looked into your order and it will definitely ship today,” and then it not happening. That was four days ago and it still hasn’t shipped.

I know it’s a small business, but if you say something like that to a customer, it really should be the truth. It just leaves a bad impression with the overall experience of dealing with them.

Ah, I see, that's very disappointing to hear indeed. Hopefully, EA are able to respond to you ASAP before the damage gets any worse.

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #3,456 of 7,907

I see now...a written commitment to customers need to be taken as is...a commitment come what may

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #3,457 of 7,907
Cheers Daniel! Now, did you type that post with a 32-wire Leonidas III prototype in your ear while in the secret VIP room at CanJam? :) :) :)

I can't speak on Daniel's behalf, but if you can wait until the next week, I might post 64-wire... j/k, of course :D

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #3,459 of 7,907
I can't speak on Daniel's behalf, but if you can wait until the next week, I might post 64-wire... j/k, of course :D

Hooked up to the JHAudio Bertha - one wire for each driver. :p

Hey we joke now, but by the same time next year both products will exist and we will all be wondering how we survived with only 8 wires and double digit number of drivers...

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #3,461 of 7,907
Hi all,

Some of you might know that my wife and I recently exchanged the congested city of London for the cycling heaven that is the Netherlands. We did that because my wife, a cancer researcher, has been given an opportunity to set up her own research group at the University of Groningen. I think that most people, if not everyone here on head-fi will know someone who has been affected by cancer and that it is a very tough disease to fight. My wife is now developing new strategies to predict more accurately which treatments will work best for which patients, thus improving quality of life and chances of survival.

"Predicting which treatment or drug will cure a patient’s cancer proves extremely challenging. Fighting cancer is like trying to hit a moving target: cancer cells change all the time and they like to keep themselves hidden in a pool of healthy cells. It’s as if you’re picking out the blue m&m’s with your eyes closed."

In order to help set up her lab with the equipment she needs to do this, she has started a charitable fundraiser through the University of Groningen's Ubbo Emmius Fund. Her aim is to ride 10,000km (6,250 miles) on her bicycle in 2019 to raise €10,000 (~US$11,000) to help provide essential materials and equipment for her laboratory.

I wanted to ask people here on head-fi to consider donating through the fundraiser website:
https://www.rugsteunt.nl/project/10k-voor-10k?locale=en

As a thank you to head-fi members, I have been given permission by @EffectAudio to raffle off the Leonidas II I reviewed (2-pin, 2.5mm balanced) among those who have donated €10 or more.

If you would like to be entered in the raffle (you can also donate without entering):
1) Donate €10 or more,
2) make sure to add as a message "Head-fi - [username]" so we can identify you.

We will run it for one month, so the deadline for entering is May 8, 2019.

While you can donate as much as you want and as often as you want, the amount you donate will have no effect on your chances and only one entry is accepted per person. 100% of all donations will go towards the research and I will take care of postage.

I hope people will accept this in the spirit that is intended, as a fun and informal way to raise money for a worthy cause.

What a beautiful effort, Erik. I wanna wish you and your wife the best of luck with this fundraiser and her research. I hope that link'll still be working when I'm finally old enough to make a PayPal account in July. :D

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #3,462 of 7,907
What a beautiful effort, Erik. I wanna wish you and your wife the best of luck with this fundraiser and her research. I hope that link'll still be working when I'm finally old enough to make a PayPal account in July. :D
Thank you very much Daniel! Yeah, the fundraiser itself will run for the rest of the year, as there are still a lot of kilometres to go. At this moment the counter is at: 2,847.99km
IMG_1304.JPG

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #3,463 of 7,907
Hi all,

Some of you might know that my wife and I recently exchanged the congested city of London for the cycling heaven that is the Netherlands. We did that because my wife, a cancer researcher, has been given an opportunity to set up her own research group at the University of Groningen. I think that most people, if not everyone here on head-fi will know someone who has been affected by cancer and that it is a very tough disease to fight. My wife is now developing new strategies to predict more accurately which treatments will work best for which patients, thus improving quality of life and chances of survival.

"Predicting which treatment or drug will cure a patient’s cancer proves extremely challenging. Fighting cancer is like trying to hit a moving target: cancer cells change all the time and they like to keep themselves hidden in a pool of healthy cells. It’s as if you’re picking out the blue m&m’s with your eyes closed."

In order to help set up her lab with the equipment she needs to do this, she has started a charitable fundraiser through the University of Groningen's Ubbo Emmius Fund. Her aim is to ride 10,000km (6,250 miles) on her bicycle in 2019 to raise €10,000 (~US$11,000) to help provide essential materials and equipment for her laboratory.

I wanted to ask people here on head-fi to consider donating through the fundraiser website:
https://www.rugsteunt.nl/project/10k-voor-10k?locale=en

As a thank you to head-fi members, I have been given permission by @EffectAudio to raffle off the Leonidas II I reviewed (2-pin, 2.5mm balanced) among those who have donated €10 or more.

If you would like to be entered in the raffle (you can also donate without entering):
1) Donate €10 or more,
2) make sure to add as a message "Head-fi - [username]" so we can identify you. Contact me if you did not leave a message and would like to be entered anyway.

We will run it for one month, so the deadline for entering is May 8, 2019.

While you can donate as much as you want and as often as you want, the amount you donate will have no effect on your chances and only one entry is accepted per person. 100% of all donations will go towards the research and I will take care of postage.

I hope people will accept this in the spirit that is intended, as a fun and informal way to raise money for a worthy cause.
Great initiative and sacrifice (knowing how much you love your Leo II) Erik. And I hope many donations will be made in the next weeks to help raise funds :thumbsup:

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #3,464 of 7,907
Great initiative and sacrifice (knowing how much you love your Leo II) Erik. And I hope many donations will be made in the next weeks to help raise funds :thumbsup:
Thanks Erik! Yeah, Leo II is my favourite cable and that is also why I thought it would be a good choice. Let other people have a chance at such a nice cable. Thanks also for the generous donation!

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #3,465 of 7,907
Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 9.16.21 PM.png

【 Crowned Queen Of Silver - Cleopatra 】

Cleopatra was a HUGE hit during the recent bout at Canjam Singapore. Massive loves for our newest "Heritage Series" winning product!

Cleopatra is the very essence of Effect Audio's decade of experience in cable craft distilled into a Pure Silver Litz. Perhaps the smoothest, most detailed Silver ever created!

Featuring :
- 26 AWG
- Selected UP-OCC Pure Silver
- Golden Ratio Dispersion Multi-Sized Stranded
- Woven Kevlar infused Septuplet Core Bundle Litz
- Individually Enameled Strands
- Superior PSquared / P-EA plugs
- EA UltraFlexi Jacket

Official Web Link :
https://www.effectaudio.com/iem-heritage-series.html

Cleopatra will be available in 4w and Octa versions at our major retailers :

Singapore - ConnectIT , Euphoria Audio , E1 Personal Audio Singapore
USA - MusicTeck , Audio46 Headphones
Australia - Minidisc.com.au
Japan - イヤホン・ヘッドホン専門店eイヤホン
Thailand - มั่นคง munkonggadget
Hong Kong - Crystal Sound Audio
Korea - 셰에라자드 - Scheherazade
Indonesia - Beyond The Music , Jaben Indonesia
Netherlands & Europe - hifisolutions
China - Just4Ear
Taiwan - Effect Audio Taiwan
India - Headphone Zone
Philippines - Egghead Audiohub

untitled.192.jpg untitled.193.jpg untitled.194.jpg untitled.195.jpg

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back