Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 9, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #2,281 of 7,900

Personalised invitation for the "Horus 8" just went out! :)

- Eric
tenor.gif

Jul 9, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #2,283 of 7,900
Wow! That is probably the best looking cable I've ever seen!

That is really unfair of you Eric, I am picking up my Thor II 8-wire today and now you show me this :)

Would it be better if i show this instead? :D

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 9, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #2,285 of 7,900
Earlier today I got a message from the distributor here in HK saying that my Janus D had arrived. Got really excited and rushed right over. However once I got there and opened the box, I found that it arrived with a 2.5mm balanced plug and a piggy tail cable to convert it to 4.4mm. I told them that I had specifically ordered one with a 4.4mm plug but was informed that all Janus cables came with 2.5mm plugs and a piggy tail cable to convert to whatever termination that was requested. Wasn't really happy with that but I thought if I was happy with the cable I could learn to live with the piggy tail. Unfortunately once I plugged everything in I found there was no sound coming out of my left ear piece. I fidgeted around with the 2.5mm connector of the piggy tail and found the sound to cut in and out of the left ear piece. Really wished that the cable was terminated with a 4.4mm plug, now I have to wait for it to be sent back to EA to get fixed.... :cry:

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #2,286 of 7,900
The build quality of the horus 8 is really excellent. Ultra premium feel with malleable cable.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #2,287 of 7,900
Earlier today I got a message from the distributor here in HK saying that my Janus D had arrived. Got really excited and rushed right over. However once I got there and opened the box, I found that it arrived with a 2.5mm balanced plug and a piggy tail cable to convert it to 4.4mm. I told them that I had specifically ordered one with a 4.4mm plug but was informed that all Janus cables came with 2.5mm plugs and a piggy tail cable to convert to whatever termination that was requested. Wasn't really happy with that but I thought if I was happy with the cable I could learn to live with the piggy tail. Unfortunately once I plugged everything in I found there was no sound coming out of my left ear piece. I fidgeted around with the 2.5mm connector of the piggy tail and found the sound to cut in and out of the left ear piece. Really wished that the cable was terminated with a 4.4mm plug, now I have to wait for it to be sent back to EA to get fixed.... :cry:

I just spoke to Eric and he confirmed that all Janus cables will be terminated in 2.5mm with customer-specified adapters. He’s mostly cross by the fact that your HK dealer hasn’t informed you of this, because this info has been available to all dealers for weeks, as well as to everyone who’s pre-ordered directly. Regardless, you can rest assured that the EA team are more than ready to deal with your issue. :)

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #2,288 of 7,900
I just spoke to Eric and he confirmed that all Janus cables will be terminated in 2.5mm with customer-specified adapters. He’s mostly cross by the fact that your HK dealer hasn’t informed you of this, because this info has been available to all dealers for weeks, as well as to everyone who’s pre-ordered directly. Regardless, you can rest assured that the EA team are more than ready to deal with your issue. :)
Thanks, guess I'll just have to continue waiting until it gets fixed.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,289 of 7,900
i see, thanks. I know you probably havent had too much time with the a12t, but how do you think it would pair?

I may be blaspheming here but how does the plussound x8 gpc/gph/gps compare?

I personally think the U12t is transparent and neutral, so the Leo/Mars wouldn't pair well with it unless you were looking to maximise sheer clarity and detail. The PlusSound GPC would probably work better in adding some richness and body without compromising resolution and separation. I haven't tried the GPS in a while and the GPH at all, so I can't comment.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #2,290 of 7,900
I personally think the U12t is transparent and neutral, so the Leo/Mars wouldn't pair well with it unless you were looking to maximise sheer clarity and detail. The PlusSound GPC would probably work better in adding some richness and body without compromising resolution and separation. I haven't tried the GPS in a while and the GPH at all, so I can't comment.
Am I wrong to assume that the Plussound GPC would be similar to the Lionheart apart from the fact the Lionheart uses GPC and SPC?

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #2,291 of 7,900
Am I wrong to assume that the Plussound GPC would be similar to the Lionheart apart from the fact the Lionheart uses GPC and SPC?

Well, you must remember that each manufacturers’ wires are processed according to their specifications, which includes strand count, dampening, Litz type, where the conductor is sourced from, etc. As a result, pure silver cables from different companies sound different, and the same applies to copper, SPC, GPC, etc. Even in the development of Lionheart, Effect Audio apparently tried over eight different variants of copper before settling on the one they eventually gold-plated. So, I wouldn’t say the Lionheart and GPC would sound the same if the Lionheart was fully GPC. Actually, one of Effect Audio’s region-soecific cables was fully GPC; it was the Thailand-only one I believe.

In terms of sound, from what I can recall, the Lionheart has a more vibrant upper-midrange. As a result, vocals have a livelier timbre. The lower-treble has more sparkle as well for clearer articulation. The GPC has a more linear signature by comparison.

Jul 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #2,292 of 7,900
Well, you must remember that each manufacturers’ wires are processed according to their specifications, which includes strand count, dampening, Litz type, where the conductor is sourced from, etc. As a result, pure silver cables from different companies sound different, and the same applies to copper, SPC, GPC, etc. Even in the development of Lionheart, Effect Audio apparently tried over eight different variants of copper before settling on the one they eventually gold-plated. So, I wouldn’t say the Lionheart and GPC would sound the same if the Lionheart was fully GPC. Actually, one of Effect Audio’s region-soecific cables was fully GPC; it was the Thailand-only one I believe.

In terms of sound, from what I can recall, the Lionheart has a more vibrant upper-midrange. As a result, vocals have a livelier timbre. The lower-treble has more sparkle as well for clearer articulation. The GPC has a more linear signature by comparison.
I'm assuming this was a 4wire gpc

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #2,293 of 7,900
Thanks, guess I'll just have to continue waiting until it gets fixed.
I had a similar issue with my Janus D. It turned out that the tip of the 2.5mm plug was slightly crooked so that connection was on/off depending on the rotation angle. Try twisting the plug and experiment with the angles with the pigtail adapter. You may find an "optimal" position where problem disappears. I guess a certain batch of the 2.5mm plugs have this problem.
But the good news is the customer support of Effect Audio is fantastic. Eric was quick acting and arranged an exchange for me. When they shipped a replacement, I shipped back the problematic one to them. This way, I had minimal time gap (just one day) without Janus. So kudos to Eric for such a flexible and fantastic customer care.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,294 of 7,900
Would it be better if i show this instead? :D

3ye1.gif

Thor II in da house!!

First impressions : Damn beautiful cable, love the new PS-plug. Package oozes quality and luxury. No leather pouch like the Lionheart but honestly, when am I putting my cable in a pouch?
As for sound it needs some burn in, but right off the bat: Holy batman, tha bass!!! Wow, ok this is my kind of silver! Very clean, superb extension, rumble like there is no tomorrow.

I'll post again when I've spend some more time with it...

20180709_205944.jpg

20180709_210016.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2,295 of 7,900
I had a similar issue with my Janus D. It turned out that the tip of the 2.5mm plug was slightly crooked so that connection was on/off depending on the rotation angle. Try twisting the plug and experiment with the angles with the pigtail adapter. You may find an "optimal" position where problem disappears. I guess a certain batch of the 2.5mm plugs have this problem.
But the good news is the customer support of Effect Audio is fantastic. Eric was quick acting and arranged an exchange for me. When they shipped a replacement, I shipped back the problematic one to them. This way, I had minimal time gap (just one day) without Janus. So kudos to Eric for such a flexible and fantastic customer care.
I was actually at the distributor's office so I left the cable with them. Now I will need to wait and see how long it will take to get the cable fixed and sent back to them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back