Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 4, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #2,251 of 7,901
【 Updates 】

Time Flies! It has come to the 2nd half of the year, I would like to thank you all for the support you've shown EA and myself throughout the better part of 2018! During the first half of the year, we focused on serving our current EA Users through introducing EA Club regionally where we flew over to every region just to have dinner and hang out with the local community. Meanwhile, in search of further refinement each of our products, we have introduced new premium Pentaconn made Y-Splitters and Terminations :

Thank you for all the feedbacks, we will continue to improve with constructive ground feedbacks. Thank you all for being patient with us in cases of errors and mishaps.

In the meantime, here's sharing some joy from the recent EA Club Gathering in Thailand ! Looking forward to similar meets in the same fashion! :)

- Eric
The new parts are looking great Eric (also the other ones I saw on the website)!

Been having a bit of an Ares II 8-wire/Lionheart shootout the past couple of days and it looks like Lionheart might be getting its revenge on the 8-wire. At first I was not too impressed with the synergy, as it was a little too laid-back, but then I remembered that this might also have to do with source synergy. So I played around with an adapter (sorry, not an EA one [bows head in shame]) and running Lionheart from the SE out of my AK70 has really changed how I feel about the Lionheart/Phantom pairing. Really starting to love it, in fact! So it looks like the coming days I will have a bit of a 'battle royale' to see if I can decide which is my favourite. Both offer some really great strengths.

Once the result is in, I will edit my Phantom review to explain the aspect of source synergy and why going from the SE out of my AK70 works considerably better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #2,252 of 7,901
79fccc9097b92f1dbdfd905de3a51090.png

I see this new(?) 2 pin connector listed for the Janus, it's called a 2 pin flat. Is this essentially the same thing as the regular 2 pin they've been using minus the two black squares? It should fit the same as the 2 pin on the right, correct?

Also does anyone know how much it is to get the Janus 2.5mm->3.5mm pigtail adapter separately? The Janus comes with either 3.5mm or 4.5mm, just curious how much it is to get both.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,253 of 7,901
Iirc the Janus adaptor is not for sale separately, it's only bundled with either Janus cable

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #2,255 of 7,901

I see this new(?) 2 pin connector listed for the Janus, it's called a 2 pin flat. Is this essentially the same thing as the regular 2 pin they've been using minus the two black squares? It should fit the same as the 2 pin on the right, correct?

Also does anyone know how much it is to get the Janus 2.5mm->3.5mm pigtail adapter separately? The Janus comes with either 3.5mm or 4.5mm, just curious how much it is to get both.
Those Janus connectors on the left probably wouldn't fit my Massdrop Plus which have very recessed sockets. I realize its unlikely anyone would want to use such an expensive cable with them, but its worth considering there may be other IEMs out there with similar recessed sockets that may experience the same problem.

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #2,256 of 7,901
Those Janus connectors on the left probably wouldn't fit my Massdrop Plus which have very recessed sockets. I realize its unlikely anyone would want to use such an expensive cable with them, but its worth considering there may be other IEMs out there with similar recessed sockets that may experience the same problem.

That’s basically my concern exactly. I have a custom LX and I don’t think it would be a problem but if I’m about to spend $1400 on a cable I’m asking every question that comes to mind XD

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #2,257 of 7,901

I bought a Janus D with both 3.5mm and 4.5mm pigtail adapters. It cost me additional $300 on top of the Janus price.
They don’t sell these adapters separately. $300 price is just for Janus owners.

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #2,259 of 7,901
Did you get that from musicteck? Yeah. Not sure $300 for me is worth it for both.
I bought directly from Effect Audio.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #2,260 of 7,901

The ones on the left will only fit non-recessed sockets. Empire Ears use a semi-recessed/recessed socket, so the ones on the left won’t fit your LX. I’d recommend always going for the one on the right to ensure maximum compatibility going forward.

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #2,262 of 7,901
The new parts are looking great Eric (also the other ones I saw on the website)!

Been having a bit of an Ares II 8-wire/Lionheart shootout the past couple of days and it looks like Lionheart might be getting its revenge on the 8-wire. At first I was not too impressed with the synergy, as it was a little too laid-back, but then I remembered that this might also have to do with source synergy. So I played around with an adapter (sorry, not an EA one [bows head in shame]) and running Lionheart from the SE out of my AK70 has really changed how I feel about the Lionheart/Phantom pairing. Really starting to love it, in fact! So it looks like the coming days I will have a bit of a 'battle royale' to see if I can decide which is my favourite. Both offer some really great strengths.

Once the result is in, I will edit my Phantom review to explain the aspect of source synergy and why going from the SE out of my AK70 works considerably better in my opinion.

Im looking forward to that mini shoot out buddy! :) Meanwhile, will you be attending Canjam London?

We offered the option of "Flat" 2Pin for users who are having CIEMs / IEMs that has a flat 2pin ports. However, to be safe, our usual 2Pin will be able to fit all 2Pin CIEM/IEMs. Meanwhile, the Janus Pigtail adaptor is only sold to "Janus" owners. An additional would be US$300.

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 5, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #2,263 of 7,901
Im looking forward to that mini shoot out buddy! :) Meanwhile, will you be attending Canjam London?

We offered the option of "Flat" 2Pin for users who are having CIEMs / IEMs that has a flat 2pin ports. However, to be safe, our usual 2Pin will be able to fit all 2Pin CIEM/IEMs. Meanwhile, the Janus Pigtail adaptor is only sold to "Janus" owners. An additional would be US$300.

-Eric
I'm playing around a bit with gear synergy and different types of music, and it is really interesting how different cables accentuate different instruments or give a different presentation that I feel works really well for certain types of music. So the Ares II 4-wire I like for intimate jazz, whereas the 8-wire is awesome for Beethoven. The Silver + Gold PlusSound cable I have really accentuates violins, which was what led me to experiment with Lionheart because the tonality of woodwinds with the PlusSound was a little bright. With Lionheart there seems to be a balance that works really well for violins (I can't stop listening to Paganini's concerto No.4), but maintains a great tonality for woodwinds and brass in Beethoven and also still manages to provide some intimacy for jazz. Will keep trying out a few more things.

I hope I can make it to Canjam, as I really want to, but I am in a bit of a similar situation to last year and might need to travel to the Netherlands at some point this month. Hopefully I can be there on at least one of the days and perhaps with a little luck on both. It would be great to catch up with you and quite a few other people I know who will be there!

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #2,264 of 7,901
I'm playing around a bit with gear synergy and different types of music, and it is really interesting how different cables accentuate different instruments or give a different presentation that I feel works really well for certain types of music. So the Ares II 4-wire I like for intimate jazz, whereas the 8-wire is awesome for Beethoven. The Silver + Gold PlusSound cable I have really accentuates violins, which was what led me to experiment with Lionheart because the tonality of woodwinds with the PlusSound was a little bright. With Lionheart there seems to be a balance that works really well for violins (I can't stop listening to Paganini's concerto No.4), but maintains a great tonality for woodwinds and brass in Beethoven and also still manages to provide some intimacy for jazz. Will keep trying out a few more things.

I hope I can make it to Canjam, as I really want to, but I am in a bit of a similar situation to last year and might need to travel to the Netherlands at some point this month. Hopefully I can be there on at least one of the days and perhaps with a little luck on both. It would be great to catch up with you and quite a few other people I know who will be there!

That's excellent that you're able to have so much fun with these different cables. Personally, i've grown quite fond of the "Ares II 8 wires" lately and i do concur that it makes everything perform at a grander scale. Meanwhile, we'll be travelling to Amsterdam after London, so definitely there's chance to catch up! :)

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 5, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #2,265 of 7,901
That's excellent that you're able to have so much fun with these different cables. Personally, i've grown quite fond of the "Ares II 8 wires" lately and i do concur that it makes everything perform at a grander scale.
It is a lot of fun and I am not even trying to do it systematically, instead I just allow myself to get drawn into the music and see which pairing draws me in the most with certain types of music.

My main question now is whether I prefer the scale and fullness (tonality) of the 8-wire, which is absolutely fantastic, to the more refined sound and really impressive imaging of Lionheart. I am not sure yet if that will end with a clear favourite, as both offer specific advantages.
Meanwhile, we'll be travelling to Amsterdam after London, so definitely there's chance to catch up! :)

-Eric
Awesome! Are you visiting Rick? We will move back to the Netherlands later this year and I am really looking forward to swinging by Amsterdam myself to try out all the goodies Rick has in store. Hopefully meet up with Nic and perhaps a few others there as well. We'll turn Amsterdam into a mini-Singapore (in terms of head-fi)! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back