Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 24, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,206 of 7,865
Well you know better is always difficult, since it is a subjective term that depends on preference. Leonidas and Janus (and Horus) all have their own advantages. Leonidas has slightly more density in its midrange, and a different type of bass. From memory, I might prefer the vocal reconstruction on Leonidas, as they are just slightly more bodied. Janus has a neutral vocal presentation in terms of size and stage position. There is neither warmth or additional thickness from the bass, which allows it to excels by combining a neutral note size with a clean and spacious stage. So if you prefer stage and separation, Janus will be better. It will offer a more effortless presentation of detail, without resorting to a brighter tone. Leonidas has a slightly more forward vocal presentation, and perhaps more impactful bass. I will take a listen at Leonidas and Janus B from the store and incorporate that in the review.
Remembered you mentioned that you love the pairing of lx and Horus, any changes in thoughts?

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,209 of 7,865
Speaking of Leo. The FIBAE ME pairs marvelously! Such a warm and bassy IEM benefits from the clarity and refinement of superior transparency. It's a match made in heaven.

FIBAE 11.jpg

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,210 of 7,865
Wow. Ordered an EA cable from Musicteck yesterday, and it was at the first USPS distribution center with tracking last night! Pretty impressive! :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #2,211 of 7,865
Wow. Ordered an EA cable from Musicteck yesterday, and it was at the first USPS distribution center with tracking last night! Pretty impressive! :ksc75smile:

image.jpg

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,212 of 7,865
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,213 of 7,865
Jun 24, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,215 of 7,865
Some brief impressions of the Janus D. Janus might be copper-based, it strays from a typical copper sound due to the reproduction of its bass. Janus offers slight improvement in bottom-end extension, with a relatively neutral mid-bass. The mid-bass quantity is not necessarily laid-back, but it is a particularly tight bass compared to an Ares II for instance, due to a quicker decay. As a result, it controls the warm air, providing an especially airy stage, which opens up its dimensions - Janus offers a bit more spacious stage than Horus for instance. One of Janus key points is therefore its stage and separation. However, the tone of the midrange is not particularly warm; Janus only has a slightly warm midrange, but mostly sounds relatively flat. So, Janus leans towards a more technical sound, yet without sounding bright. The lower treble is articulated, but not bright in tone, nor is its upper treble is elevated. Therefore, Janus neither classifies as 'bright' or 'warm' altogether, but can be considered a sort of reference sound focusing on stage and resolution, but with a slightly warmer tilt.

Nic which monitor was this testing done with?

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #2,216 of 7,865
Someone talk me into or away from replacing my Leonidas with a Janus D, lol.
I obviously have no willpower, so my advice would cost you many dollars! I love my Leonidas, but any word of squeezing out just a tiny bit more sq (thank you Pinky), and my eyes glaze over and my brain clouds up.

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #2,217 of 7,865

https://forum.munkonggadget.com/detail.php?id=255529

For our friends in Thailand ~!! We're having a meet and greet evening soiree at "The Gardens" in Thailand. Join us for a dinner and chill out session while we discuss about the future developments of Effect Audio and win some exclusive EA gifts while you're there! Sign up at the MKG forum link above :)

I'll be attending this EA Meet with SY, our founder! Looking forward!

See you guys there!

-Eric

Special gifts? Worth the travel to Thailand? LOL>..:wink:

For USA friends, If you're looking at our "Bespoke" 8 wire series, MusicTeck has them stocked! They will be shipping out faster than we can :) We're a "All-Hands-On-Deck" for the Janus right now!

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/effect-audio

- Eric

Very cool. Bespoke Janus D??? :)

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,218 of 7,865
Can someone please tell me how to differentiate Ares from Ares II.
My Empire Ears Zeus XR Adel came with an Ares cable, I had in mind it was Ares, but now I have a doubt it could be Ares II.
As I consider upgrading my cable, I need to be sure...

Jun 25, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #2,219 of 7,865
The
Can someone please tell me how to differentiate Ares from Ares II.
My Empire Ears Zeus XR Adel came with an Ares cable, I had in mind it was Ares, but now I have a doubt it could be Ares II.
As I consider upgrading my cable, I need to be sure...
It's definitely the ares ii. The other guy was suggesting the 8 braid ares ii

Jun 25, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #2,220 of 7,865
Some brief impressions of the Janus D. Janus might be copper-based, it strays from a typical copper sound due to the reproduction of its bass. Janus offers slight improvement in bottom-end extension, with a relatively neutral mid-bass. The mid-bass quantity is not necessarily laid-back, but it is a particularly tight bass compared to an Ares II for instance, due to a quicker decay. As a result, it controls the warm air, providing an especially airy stage, which opens up its dimensions - Janus offers a bit more spacious stage than Horus for instance. One of Janus key points is therefore its stage and separation. However, the tone of the midrange is not particularly warm; Janus only has a slightly warm midrange, but mostly sounds relatively flat. So, Janus leans towards a more technical sound, yet without sounding bright. The lower treble is articulated, but not bright in tone, nor is its upper treble is elevated. Therefore, Janus neither classifies as 'bright' or 'warm' altogether, but can be considered a sort of reference sound focusing on stage and resolution, but with a slightly warmer tilt.
Can't wait until my Janus D arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back