Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 6, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #4,486 of 7,890
Hello good people!

So I recently acquired a Leo II that I would like to pair with an EE Legend X, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the Leo II Octa. Has anyone compared the two using an LX? If so, do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #4,487 of 7,890
I just got an mmcx Maestro cable and am noticing the connection is extremely loose. I’ve tried them on 3 different iem’s which are tight with all my other cables. The connection spins freely and literally takes a few wiggles for them to come out of the iem.

Has anyone else had this issue with EA cables?

Jun 10, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #4,488 of 7,890
I just got an mmcx Maestro cable and am noticing the connection is extremely loose. I’ve tried them on 3 different iem’s which are tight with all my other cables. The connection spins freely and literally takes a few wiggles for them to come out of the iem.

Has anyone else had this issue with EA cables?

Its common issue with regular mmcx.
The best solution is below. I have all cables mmcx fitted with these expanding design, and they are perfect.
U can buy them online and send them to EA to fit it for u.
(PM me if u need more info)

content_2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #4,491 of 7,890
Hi guys, am looking for a balanced 4.4 cable for my EE Vantage. Was considering the Eros ii as it seemed to have a better staging and extension compared to ares ii. But now I see the EA Grandioso is similar. Is it a good substitute for the Eros ii?

I'm looking to keep the traits of the monitor: smooth mids, warm and big bodied low mids and bass, and better technicalities. Some extension in treble is good but not a must.

Not sure if this is the right place but other brands' cable recommendations would be good too. TIA!

I hope I am not too late to reply to this! Yes the EA Grandioso shares similar characteristics to the Eros II. I personally feel that it has improved clarity with a wider soundstage compared to the original Eros II. It adds a tad bit of body without altering the sound signature much. It definitely complements the thick and addictive sub bass of the EE Vantage well!

I see you are staying in Singapore so good news for you. EA is running their audition program (so you can get to try the cable) as well as their summer sale concurrently so you could get 15% off the Grandioso! If you are interested you can pm @Nick Chia to find out more or email EA and they would be able to help you out!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #4,495 of 7,890
Thank you for replying. I like neutral, accurate details, and vocals. I like all music but I like vocals, hip hop, reggae, rock.
Personally, I would recommend that you look at the Eros II or the Grandioso since you're looking for something balanced. Another good option would be the Lionheart which tends to be a brighter.

You may also wish to note that the Grandioso and Lionheart are currently retailing at discounted prices (15% off) as part of our summer sale event till the end of the month (30th June).

Of course these are just my personal opinion, you may also look at other cables in EA's line-up which may better suit your needs :relaxed:

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #4,496 of 7,890
Hello good people!

So I recently acquired a Leo II that I would like to pair with an EE Legend X, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the Leo II Octa. Has anyone compared the two using an LX? If so, do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

I got the chance to compare the Leonidas II Octa and the Leonidas II with the Legend X and here are some of my thoughts. Note that this just my personal opinion and as usual YMMV.

The first main difference I noticed is a more open and airy sound with the Leonidas II Octa compared to the Leonidas II. The legend X itself has very good layering, when paired with the wider soundstage of the Leonidas II Octa gives more air in between each of the layers. The Leonidas II Octa also has slightly more control across the frequency range compared to the Leonidas II.

Personally enjoyed listening to both! 😉☺️👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5320.jpg
    IMG_5320.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4,497 of 7,890
Personally, I would recommend that you look at the Eros II or the Grandioso since you're looking for something balanced. Another good option would be the Lionheart which tends to be a brighter.

You may also wish to note that the Grandioso and Lionheart are currently retailing at discounted prices (15% off) as part of our summer sale event till the end of the month (30th June).

Of course these are just my personal opinion, you may also look at other cables in EA's line-up which may better suit your needs :relaxed:
I auditioned the Eros II and the Lionheart and, for me personally, I found the opposite. The Eros II was quite bright to my ears, but I would agree with balanced. The Lionheart however I found to be smooth and silky and quite laid back. A good middle ground for me was the Thor Silver II, which I thought kind of gave the best of both (just my opinion of course). My favourite cable of that audition was the Horus, but now we’re talking a fair more $£€ to add to the cost. I should mention that the IEM used was 64 Audio Trio.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #4,498 of 7,890
I auditioned the Eros II and the Lionheart and, for me personally, I found the opposite. The Eros II was quite bright to my ears, but I would agree with balanced. The Lionheart however I found to be smooth and silky and quite laid back. A good middle ground for me was the Thor Silver II, which I thought kind of gave the best of both (just my opinion of course). My favourite cable of that audition was the Horus, but now we’re talking a fair more $£€ to add to the cost. I should mention that the IEM used was 64 Audio Trio.
Ah the Thor Silver II is indeed a good choice, if you enjoyed the Thor Silver II, you should definitely enjoy the Cleopatra as well.

As for the Horus, yes it is pricey, but it certainly is in a class of its on isn't it?

Interestingly, both the Cleopatra and Horus are currently retailing at a discounted price of 15% off for our summer event. Last day of the event is today though, so do be quick if you wish to make a purchase :wink:

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #4,500 of 7,890
Ah the Thor Silver II is indeed a good choice, if you enjoyed the Thor Silver II, you should definitely enjoy the Cleopatra as well.

As for the Horus, yes it is pricey, but it certainly is in a class of its on isn't it?

Interestingly, both the Cleopatra and Horus are currently retailing at a discounted price of 15% off for our summer event. Last day of the event is today though, so do be quick if you wish to make a purchase :wink:
I have the 64 Audio Trio as well and I recently tried the Lionheart, Thor Silver II, Cleopatra, Leonidas II and Horus. The best match for me would be the Cleopatra...it gives the Trio a smoother character on mids, a little bit more sub-bass presence and texture, better definition on the highs with zero sibilance or harshness. It helped a lot too that the listed promo price of Effect Audio was in fact less 25% instead of 15% for all the rest. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back