Effect Audio cables thread
May 26, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #4,471 of 7,901
We might actually be conducting these livestream sessions more regularly in the future.

Any topics in which you guys would like to see us discuss about more often?
No one has any burning questions for us here? :worried:

We were pretty much flooded with enquiries in our inbox and DMs over the past 2 weeks or so.

May 26, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #4,472 of 7,901

We were pretty much flooded with enquiries in our inbox and DMs over the past 2 weeks or so.
Future partnerships between EA and IEM companies would be cool to touch on

May 26, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #4,473 of 7,901

@Nick Chia
I don't really use FB so I missed hearing about the first Livestream.
Which also means I was a bit embarrassed to ask questions for a forthcoming livestream in case they were already covered on the original livestream :sweat_smile:

You've built up a deep and expansive base of research and development experience; for myself, I'd love to learn from you and build up my knowledge of cable materials and technology, as an interested consumer.
I appreciate there may be trade secrets you can't share of course :)

I'm aware that there's a huge variety of factors that can alter the way a cable sounds, from the specific batch/type of metal used, the way in which it's processed and manufactured into wires, the geometries, etc etc.
So with any questions, we can only look for generalised answers I suppose.

So with that caveat in mind, I'm interested in things like this:
Let's take cables like the Ares II and Thor II.
I now own an Ares II, Ares II+ and Ares II 8-wire (I'm just missing the Ares II+ 8-wire, haha).

Are there universal general sound modifications that a thicker gauge cable would be expected to produce, compared with a standard gauge version? Perhaps that could be addressed for different materials separately, e.g. copper, silver, SPC, palladium or gold plated silver, etc?

Same question as above, but this time comparing 8-wire cables with the regular 4-wire versions.

I'm also interested in how those things applied specifically to your Lionheart cable? :)

I recall Deezel177 did reviews and comparisons of the regular Lionheart vs the 8-wire Lionheart, and he heard them to be very different.
It got me to wondering how a bespoke thicker gauge Lionheart+ might sound, or a Lionheart+ 8-wire!
The rabbit hole can go very deep, haha :joy:

Anyway, I have loads of questions like this (it's such a fascinating topic to me!), but I don't want to overwhelm you! :)

May 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,475 of 7,901
@Nick Chia
I don't really use FB so I missed hearing about the first Livestream.
Which also means I was a bit embarrassed to ask questions for a forthcoming livestream in case they were already covered on the original livestream :sweat_smile:

You've built up a deep and expansive base of research and development experience; for myself, I'd love to learn from you and build up my knowledge of cable materials and technology, as an interested consumer.
I appreciate there may be trade secrets you can't share of course :)

I'm aware that there's a huge variety of factors that can alter the way a cable sounds, from the specific batch/type of metal used, the way in which it's processed and manufactured into wires, the geometries, etc etc.
So with any questions, we can only look for generalised answers I suppose.

So with that caveat in mind, I'm interested in things like this:
Let's take cables like the Ares II and Thor II.
I now own an Ares II, Ares II+ and Ares II 8-wire (I'm just missing the Ares II+ 8-wire, haha).

Are there universal general sound modifications that a thicker gauge cable would be expected to produce, compared with a standard gauge version? Perhaps that could be addressed for different materials separately, e.g. copper, silver, SPC, palladium or gold plated silver, etc?

Same question as above, but this time comparing 8-wire cables with the regular 4-wire versions.

I'm also interested in how those things applied specifically to your Lionheart cable? :)

I recall Deezel177 did reviews and comparisons of the regular Lionheart vs the 8-wire Lionheart, and he heard them to be very different.
It got me to wondering how a bespoke thicker gauge Lionheart+ might sound, or a Lionheart+ 8-wire!
The rabbit hole can go very deep, haha :joy:

Anyway, I have loads of questions like this (it's such a fascinating topic to me!), but I don't want to overwhelm you! :)
Some of the questions are a bit technical so I'll need to defer to either Suyang or our designs team. (perhaps during the next live stream event)

As question about a thicker gauge cable, I did spoke with productions before and there is actually rationale behind the choice of choosing the thickness of the gauge for each cable. For instance, going 16 or 18 awg for an 8 wire copper cable is not really realistic due to the density, weight and brittleness of the copper material. The sound output may also not be as ideal as what some would expect (eg. super super heavy in bass) due to the lack of balance.

Good questions though, if Suyang sees this (which I'll bring to his attention) he could probably answer this on the forum or he could address this in the next livestream face to face (well almost) with you guys.

Keep the questions coming :relaxed:

May 27, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #4,477 of 7,901
I think a run down of each of the cables, merits/uses, as the product line seems to be quite diverse and evolving.

May 28, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #4,479 of 7,901
I think a run down of each of the cables, merits/uses, as the product line seems to be quite diverse and evolving.
You are right to say that we indeed have offer one of the more diverse product line amongst our peers. I think it's hard to explain every cable now without writing a thesis here 🤭.

But in general,

Vogue series: More entry level
Premium series: A mix between entry level and mid range cables
Heritage series: Mid to upper mid level cables that is designed more for high notes and "brighter" sound outputs.
Hall of Fame series and Code 51: Top of the line with flag ship cables from EA. Only the very best materials, design and research used to produce the products. Expect cables that are fine-tuned with south quality outputs that are niched, yet refined and balanced, providing experiences that can't be replicated with other cables.

We will probably need a segment on live stream to go though these cables or even series one by one, we will definitely keep this in mind as we conduct our next live stream session, do stay tuned.

--Nick

May 30, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #4,484 of 7,901
Our review of the Horus X is now up (comparisons to the original included). :)

https://headfonics.com/effect-audio-horus-x-review/

1590837673298.png

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #4,485 of 7,901

Users who are viewing this thread

Back