Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #4,186 of 7,904
Why are you not posting the Code 51 review already? Are you getting lazy lately or is it because holiday season? :)
Let's get it on, bro!

You want me to post a full review about a product I only received a few days ago? :D

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #4,188 of 7,904
Yeah why not. Just a mini teaser?
I will take your review any time.. :)

Tbh, I got burned out with the latest batch of my DAP reviews, and now want to take a break from it. So, will work on cable review next.

You want a mini teaser? In some way, I found Code 51 to be like a crossover between Leo II and Horus. It takes the best of Leo II low end enhancement and the best of Horus mids transparency and micro-detail enhancement without overemphasizing anything. Of course, enhancements are pair up dependent, based on the original baseline signature of IEM you are dealing with.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #4,189 of 7,904
Tbh, I got burned out with the latest batch of my DAP reviews, and now want to take a break from it. So, will work on cable review next.

You want a mini teaser? In some way, I found Code 51 to be like a crossover between Leo II and Horus. It takes the best of Leo II low end enhancement and the best of Horus mids transparency and micro-detail enhancement without overemphasizing anything. Of course, enhancements are pair up dependent, based on the original baseline signature of IEM you are dealing with.

Thanks for the preview Twister. I'm really looking forward to your review, because the other review so far had no comparison to the Horus, and because I just throughly enjoy your reviews.

Some questions for the review if you please:

As a Horus owner I'm really curious if the Code51 just takes its best parts and combines it with LeoII or pushes beyond both. I adore the liquid transparency and resolution of the Horus, so more of that would be astonishing and welcome. I love the low end treatment of the LeoII, though I find too much of that for me with the Octa. This combination sounds fantastic. However, for such a significant outlay I would hope for a gains that surpass the strengths of both, and also improvements in imaging/soundstage.

No rush though. I'm sure listening on such granular levels takes its toll. I so appreciate you taking the time and effort to do so when I know, at times, it risks turning a joy into a chore. I would heartily support any pace that would preserve your enjoyment of audio simply as a lover of music.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #4,190 of 7,904

This is quite promising. I didn't quite enjoy horus although it is quite revealing and transparent but no fun. I thought leo2 had the best synergy with Solaris on dx228.
If Code 51 is all that you described on Solaris, it would be a great success.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #4,191 of 7,904
I got the Code 51 today and it's definitely a winner. This is the best match I've found for Solaris and dx228ex. The bass goes very deep, fluid
and grand while bringing the transparency to its fullest. The separation and clarity is remarkable. On other hand I am not too sure if it's a good fit
for U18. A little too surgical to my taste. I've only auditioned for a couple of hours, so it's just a quick impression.

After hearing this organic sounding cable I may considering selling off my leo2 octa. The cable's quite light and ergonomically superior to 8x wire
with the acceptable level of microphonics. The cable was new but still sent to me as a demo, so I am returning it and getting the mmcx/4.4 mm termination shortly.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #4,192 of 7,904
I got the Code 51 today and it's definitely a winner. This is the best match I've found for Solaris and dx228ex. The bass goes very deep, fluid
and grand while bringing the transparency to its fullest. The separation and clarity is remarkable. On other hand I am not too sure if it's a good fit
for U18. A little too surgical to my taste. I've only auditioned for a couple of hours, so it's just a quick impression.

After hearing this organic sounding cable I may considering selling off my leo2 octa. The cable's quite light and ergonomically superior to 8x wire
with the acceptable level of microphonics. The cable was new but still sent to me as a demo, so I am returning it and getting the mmcx/4.4 mm termination shortly.

It's great to hear your impression of the 51. How do you find it compares to the Horus?

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #4,193 of 7,904
It's great to hear your impression of the 51. How do you find it compares to the Horus?

They have a similar appearance in terms of color of cable (light gold tone). If horus is about the micro resolution, the code 51 achieves such resolution in
more smooth, coherent fashion adding more emotion. The bass goes much deeper and realistic. Amazing bass response, indeed!

As twister has accurately put it, this cable combines the best of horus and leo2 octa. I've tried many different top tier cables but this one brings
my Solaris to next level of sound spectrum.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #4,194 of 7,904
VOGUE CABLE TOUR IMPRESSION
20191219_061757.jpg

20191219_061450.jpg 20191219_061453.jpg 20191219_061455.jpg

First, I would like to give thanks to Effect Audio for giving me a chance to participate the VOUGE CABLE tour and give Impressions for it.

Who am I ? Father, Weekend Gamer, and I am just an Audio liker, who also believe in Cable…. Hehehe
I am low volume listening, Prefer WARM yet detail sound signature, still on denial of MIDCentric cup of tea, & very sensitive with HISS
For me, cable just a middle man of each end, and you can get great sound from it, if your DAP/Source and Cans/IEM produce have good sound….

Lets cut the crap.. and get to the point…

The following are the equipment that being used for my impression :
Source : Ibasso DX220 AMP1mk2, and DAC/AMP NX4DSD (required for certain task)
IEM : CFA SOLARIS with CustomArt Eartips, and TFZ KING (required for certain task)
20191219_141747.jpg 20191220_090014.jpg 20191219_062306.jpg 20191219_073139.jpg

Song Flac :
Zhao Peng - Ulaanbaatar Night
Tong Li – Starry Mood
Scorpions - Born to touch your feeling
Eagles - Hotel California (Live)
The black eyes peas - my hump
Chali XCX - Gone
Buckethead - Big Sur Moon
Billie Ellish - Xanny
Stephanie Poetri - I love you 3000
Dua Lipa – Don’t Start now

Build Quality :
1) Cable Material used is real. U talk about UP-OOC 26 AWG with Litz structure, where if you buy in DIY Market, you can still be trick even if you have experienced (self declare...hehehe)
2) the braiding really good, compare to non Boutique cable, VOUGE Cable really show different class.
3) I kinda dislike the jack used in VOUGE series. Well at least, buyer get more decent looking jack

Pic below is Braiding quality compare to DYI cable (cable 165)
20191219_063704.jpg

20191220_102122.jpg

Picture below : compare to cable 179, 8 Braid 26 AWG UP-OCC Copper CYRO (no Litz)
20191220_085625.jpg

Picture below : the jack i mention...
20191219_171720.jpg

Conductivity :
Using high resolution DMM please find the measurement as following (L+...L-...R+...R-...) in mOhm or 0,000 Ohm, based on cable length 1,2 Meters :
Maestro : 169,7... 224,1...194,1...174,2 mOhm
Virtuoso : 172,8... 190,3...186,6...243 mOhm
Grandioso : 173,5... 161,1...171,7...164,1mOhm
My opinion of the measurement is the Cable material used and also wiring retermination is real deal.

The following is my sound impression summary, based total around 40 hours listening to the cables.

Comparision Vouge Cable.PNG

Notes:
*1) Female vocal recess, still detail.
*2) Centralize sounding / Narrow Soundstage, reconfirm with IEM TFZ King, Cable 165 & DAC/AMP NX4DSD
*3) The spark is there, but Hazzy…
*4) in Low Volume, the dynamic still present…. TOP NOTCH
*5) With SOLARIS, Spark present with the finest Detail
*6) my HIGHLIGHT, amazed that this SPC still give Bass Slam better then Grandioso
*7) Mid Centric is the highlight…
*8) Reconfirm with NX4DSD and other source, the Soundstage is not as wide as Virtuoso. But better Depth then Virtuoso

My Impression Conclusion, IMHO:

In General, VOGUE Series used good cable Material and structure. That UP-OCC and LITZ structure really make dark background experience (IMHO, one of the reason why this is better then some stock cable). You will be rest assure that you get the real material when you buy it.
Maestro : Micro detail Tuning in Bass, Vocal & Treble, with compensation a bit at soundstage. Still capable of showing Limited Spark & clarity (upper Treble).
Virtuoso : Low Volume with dynamic performance (TOP NOCTH). Is SPC cable that Still capable having bass slam with superb Subbass/rumble.
Grandioso : The MidCentric sounding, and the best vocal experience from the VOUGE Series…

For me, CFA SOLARIS pair with Virtuoso is the best pairing from the VOUGE series…. Which can deliver Detail Rumble, Mid bass Slam, Still detail Vocal, good spark & clarity, and wide Soundstage…
20191220_111222.jpg

My Concern...
- Maestro, congested soundstage, it seems EA tuning more on Micro detail and not on Soundstage, I compare these to 165 (4C 26 AWG UP-OCC Copper Cyro no Litz), and using TFZ KING to get that experienced… even using DAC/AMP NX4DSD, to clarify that.
- Virtuoso, PRICE… hehehe… With such tuning, you may get same or a bit better tuning with other DIY cable in that price bracket… Just saying and my honest opinion.
- Grandioso, Price, hmm.. hmmm….. hmmmmmm….. a side of MidCentric sounding, these cable tuning is quite too unique, Rumble and Airy was felt a bit roll off… seems the soundstage is not as wide as Virtuoso, but Grandioso still manage to give depth on it… Pairing with SOLARIS, will make Neutral sounding & more reference monitoring sounding (what am I Babling, I mean Boring)….

That's all, I like to thank you to Paul, Sandy and all Effect Audio team for this VOUGE demo tours, I am having fun doing this.
@bukumurah, TQ for helping me clarifying some issued due to my flu.

CHEERS,

edit : Hint
DX229 -> ifi earbuddy (*must) -> Grandioso -> SOLARIS : GOOD VOCAL, IMHO, its a budget Horus or CaliBURN (damn I used to call this Excalibur)
20191220_072040.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #4,195 of 7,904
It's odd the cable can make the differences but code 51 delivers intense instrument separation. It's fun to choose and concentrate on one particular instrument while listening
as there's no overshadowing. This would be perfect for listening on Jazz. The cable can sound thick at times but not necessarily warm cable I'd say so far. The cable's still new..

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #4,196 of 7,904

First, I would like to give thanks to Effect Audio for giving me a chance to participate the VOUGE CABLE tour and give Impressions for it.

Who am I ? Father, Weekend Gamer, and I am just an Audio liker, who also believe in Cable…. Hehehe
I am low volume listening, Prefer WARM yet detail sound signature, still on denial of MIDCentric cup of tea, & very sensitive with HISS
For me, cable just a middle man of each end, and you can get great sound from it, if your DAP/Source and Cans/IEM produce have good sound….

IEM : CFA SOLARIS with CustomArt Eartips, and TFZ KING (required for certain task)

Song Flac :
Tong Li – Starry Mood
Chali XCX - Gone
Billie Ellish - Xanny

Build Quality :
1) Cable Material used is real. U talk about UP-OOC 26 AWG with Litz structure, where if you buy in DIY Market, you can still be trick even if you have experienced (self declare...hehehe)
2) the braiding really good, compare to non Boutique cable, VOUGE Cable really show different class.
3) I kinda dislike the jack used in VOUGE series. Well at least, buyer get more decent looking jack

Picture below : compare to cable 179, 8 Braid 26 AWG UP-OCC Copper CYRO (no Litz)

Conductivity :
Using high resolution DMM please find the measurement as following (L+...L-...R+...R-...) in mOhm or 0,000 Ohm, based on cable length 1,2 Meters :
My opinion of the measurement is the Cable material used and also wiring retermination is real deal.

The following is my sound impression summary, based total around 40 hours listening to the cables.

Notes:
*2) Centralize sounding / Narrow Soundstage, reconfirm with IEM TFZ King, Cable 165 & DAC/AMP NX4DSD
*6) my HIGHLIGHT, amazed that this SPC still give Bass Slam better then Grandioso
*8) Reconfirm with NX4DSD and other source, the Soundstage is not as wide as Virtuoso. But better Depth then Virtuoso

In General, VOGUE Series used good cable Material and structure. That UP-OCC and LITZ structure really make dark background experience (IMHO, one of the reason why this is better then some stock cable). You will be rest assure that you get the real material when you buy it.
Maestro : Micro detail Tuning in Bass, Vocal & Treble, with compensation a bit at soundstage. Still capable of showing Limited Spark & clarity (upper Treble).
Virtuoso : Low Volume with dynamic performance (TOP NOCTH). Is SPC cable that Still capable having bass slam with superb Subbass/rumble.
Grandioso : The MidCentric sounding, and the best vocal experience from the VOUGE Series…

For me, CFA SOLARIS pair with Virtuoso is the best pairing from the VOUGE series…. Which can deliver Detail Rumble, Mid bass Slam, Still detail Vocal, good spark & clarity, and wide Soundstage…

My Concern...
- Maestro, congested soundstage, it seems EA tuning more on Micro detail and not on Soundstage, I compare these to 165 (4C 26 AWG UP-OCC Copper Cyro no Litz), and using TFZ KING to get that experienced… even using DAC/AMP NX4DSD, to clarify that.
- Virtuoso, PRICE… hehehe… With such tuning, you may get same or a bit better tuning with other DIY cable in that price bracket… Just saying and my honest opinion.
- Grandioso, Price, hmm.. hmmm….. hmmmmmm….. a side of MidCentric sounding, these cable tuning is quite too unique, Rumble and Airy was felt a bit roll off… seems the soundstage is not as wide as Virtuoso, but Grandioso still manage to give depth on it… Pairing with SOLARIS, will make Neutral sounding & more reference monitoring sounding (what am I Babling, I mean Boring)….

That's all, I like to thank you to Paul, Sandy and all Effect Audio team for this VOUGE demo tours, I am having fun doing this.

CHEERS,

DX229 -> Grandioso -> SOLARIS : GOOD VOCAL, IMHO, its a budget Horus or CaliBURN (damn I used to call this Excalibur)

Just want to give some credit where it's due; this is an enormously helpful and well structured review. Many thanks on behalf of the community, and of course to EA for coming up with these tantalising products in the first place :)

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #4,197 of 7,904

Song Flac :
Tong Li – Starry Mood
Chali XCX - Gone
Billie Ellish - Xanny

Build Quality :

Conductivity :

Notes:

My Concern...

CHEERS,

DX229 -> Grandioso -> SOLARIS : GOOD VOCAL, IMHO, its a budget Horus or CaliBURN (damn I used to call this Excalibur)
Great review! This is in line with some of the other reviews, and is very helpful. Synergy and preferences are all unique to the individual and with this info, one can determine which way to go. Seems there is a cable for every situation, in the Vogue series. I love my Maestro, and want to try the Virtuoso next.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #4,198 of 7,904

Glad to hear you love it buddy, hopefully you may receive your cable ASAP :p

Song Flac :
Tong Li – Starry Mood
Chali XCX - Gone
Billie Ellish - Xanny

Build Quality :

Conductivity :

Notes:

My Concern...

CHEERS,

Wowwww, thats very informative and detailed, thanks for your input and good to hear that you find a good match with Solaris :)

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Dec 26, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #4,200 of 7,904
It is with great pleasure that “Effect Audio” received the “HFN 2019 Large Pocket” award for our latest high performing flagship, the “Code 51” and the “HFN 2019 Hors Catégorie” for our
ultra luxurious IEM the “King Arthur”! There’re no words to describe how honoured we are to receive such recognition from the good people of headfonia.com! We thank all of y'all from the bottom of our heart for your relentless support throughout the years! It's a Christmas wish come true:gs1000smile:

https://www.headfonia.com/hfn-2019-...OCb0fzlIIjHO8aBsfkG3Mu93hACRBA70EZjsx8dAw_2iA

ka.jpg
code51.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back