Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,439 of 7,865
To be frank I got the real burn-in effect on Solaris as it really opened up after about 50 hours but not so much change with the cables usually. As for me, I usually give it at least 50 hours before I determine the cable's good or not for my taste.

This is scientific explanation as to what burn-in does if you care to believe:
"Considerable changes occur in the cable during the break in process. Any gases that were trapped between the insulation and the conductors during manufacturing are dissipated. Additionally, the insulation material charges up. The diode effects of the conductor will be more pronounced after 168 hours of break in. During this time the cable takes on a direction."

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #3,442 of 7,865
I love the SQ of Eros II 8wire paired with A&K SR15 and EE Spartans. :smile_phones:

I have try so many uncomfortable cable before..
loose slider, heavy metal Y-split, loose heatshrink over plug, hard ear hook......
It is great that EA doesn't have any of these problem.

I am using 4 wire. In term of SQ, it does not change much on tonality.
It add more texture without making any part of sound big or sharp.
So, it won't make me tired. :beyersmile:
Overall, my IEM still sound soft, airy and smooth which is great.:ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #3,443 of 7,865
Hi EffectAudio
I have got Leonidas I, bought from another Head-Fier here. I have been using it for 7 months and recently it starts to interrupt the signal in the right channel.
I believe it is something wrong with the 2 pin plug, just where the cable goest into the metal part (or maybe soldering inside).

My questions are:
1. Is it possible for you to fix it?
2. Is it possible to upgrade it to let's say Leonidas II?
3. The cable becomes very stiff near the 2 pin ends (that may be the culprit of interruptions?). It is possible to soften it somehow?

and how much it would be :)
Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,445 of 7,865
Has anyone else had problems with Effect Audio's customer service? I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated with them. After placing an order for a Thor II Silver, I wrote them after a week had passed in "processing" status and asked if they knew when it would ship. They told me they were a little bit behind because of CanJam--which is totally understandable--and promised me they'd personally looked into my order and that it would ship that day. That was two days ago, and it still hasn't shipped. So, I wrote another e-mail, and now no one will answer me.

I seriously hope this cable is worth all of this, because not only is it expensive, it's become kind of an ordeal even just getting it. Right now, I wouldn't recommend Effect Audio if anyone asked me. Maybe the quality of the cable will change that, but as of now my expectations are pretty low.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #3,446 of 7,865
Has anyone else had problems with Effect Audio's customer service? I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated with them. After placing an order for a Thor II Silver, I wrote them after a week had passed in "processing" status and asked if they knew when it would ship. They told me they were a little bit behind because of CanJam--which is totally understandable--and promised me they'd personally looked into my order and that it would ship that day. That was two days ago, and it still hasn't shipped. So, I wrote another e-mail, and now no one will answer me.

I seriously hope this cable is worth all of this, because not only is it expensive, it's become kind of an ordeal even just getting it. Right now, I wouldn't recommend Effect Audio if anyone asked me. Maybe the quality of the cable will change that, but as of now my expectations are pretty low.

The quality of the cable will change your opinion :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #3,448 of 7,865
In @Peter68’s defense, it is slightly annoying (I’m not speaking about EA, but another company in Singapore) when the business basically shuts down for a trade show. I get the CanJam things, but keep someone back home to ship some orders. The rest of us outside of Singapore are hungry and thirsty and need our cable fix pronto! :)

That said, EA’s service has been top notch for me, with Eric usually personally replying.

-Collin-

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #3,449 of 7,865
In @Peter68’s defense, it is slightly annoying (I’m not speaking about EA, but another company in Singapore) when the business basically shuts down for a trade show. I get the CanJam things, but keep someone back home to ship some orders. The rest of us outside of Singapore are hungry and thirsty and need our cable fix pronto! :)

That said, EA’s service has been top notch for me, with Eric usually personally replying.

-Collin-

I've noticed this has become a more and more frequent complaint. Hopefully, Eric implements the improved follow-up procedures he alluded to on his interview ASAP.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #3,450 of 7,865
I've noticed this has become a more and more frequent complaint. Hopefully, Eric implements the improved follow-up procedures he alluded to on his interview ASAP.

Cheers Daniel! Now, did you type that post with a 32-wire Leonidas III prototype in your ear while in the secret VIP room at CanJam? :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back