1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Effect Audio cables thread

Tags:
First

Back
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Next

Last
  1. PinkyPowers
    I will indeed be reviewing the Molecule 19 Elite Fusion. Perhaps my very next review. Half silver, half copper hybrid. Works a treat on my HD800.

2. CalvinW
    Does anyone have pictures of the new 4.4mm Pentaconn plug?

3. twister6 Contributor
    Probably here, this is from pigtail adapter that comes with Janus.

4. PinkyPowers
    On one hand, Leonidas is still an awesome cable, and one of the very, very best money can buy. On other hand, you now know there's still room to grow. :D

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

5. nick97
    might that lovely thor be enough to part with your beloved leonidas?!:wink:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. PinkyPowers
    Oh you devil. :smiling_imp:

See now, it's a review sample, so I ought to hold on to them. Plus, I always have need of a good cable. I suspect I'm going to love the FIBAE ME/Leonidas pairing. :D

In fact, there are a number of new IEMs and CIEMs coming in, and they deserve the full gamut of pairing test for their reviews. :L3000:

7. nick97
    DAMN you lucky devil:D makes sense though, keep up the great reviews!:)

PinkyPowers likes this.
  8. Giraku
    This may be clearer.
    IMG_4035.JPG

korvin12, ctsooner22, Wyville and 4 others like this.
  9. EffectAudio
    You betcha' i will! :) Still looking forward to hang out with ya :D

Heyy buddy, you're right. Janus D has a much much cleaner and blacker background. Synergy with Phantom is great on that sense. The "Janus D" doesn't fall far from the "Horus" in terms of imaging, soundstaging , micro details and mid range viscosity and offer a certain energy and dynamics into the mix.

Oh yes, we have had our newest connector barrels & y-split made by Pentaconn with their Pentaconn 4.4mm plugs.

You'll be catching some of that Eros II 8 wires action soon in Canjam London! :)

Most welcomed. Apologies for the late reply. Well, my 2cents is to first throughly enjoy your new Legend X before looking into cables synergy :)

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ info@effectaudio.com
  10. Giraku
    Quick comparison between the old Effect Audio 4.4mm adaptor and the new Effect Audio 4.4mm pigtail adaptor with Janus D cable.
    I used 2 sets of IEM+cable combinations: Tia Fourte + Horus and U18 Tzar + Janus D.
    For both sets, the new pigtail adaptor presented better dynamics with slightly better details especially in treble. The difference was quite audible, mostly for the dynamics.
    I don't know this is due to new Pentaconn plug or Janus D pigtail cable or maybe the combination of two. But it was quite surprising for me to find clearly audible difference.
    IMG_4037.jpg

11. Wyville
    Perhaps it is in part also because of the "grand" presentation that an 8-wire gives. It sounds very much like Thor Silver II scales in the same way that Ares II scaled and that brings such difference in presentation, it feels so much bigger and airier. Now that I don't have any reviews to work on for a little bit, I am kicking back and just enjoying the Phantom with the 8-wire and the pairing keeps impressing me with the sheer size of the stage and especially how deep it can be at times. That draws me into the music and I remember you saying in one of your older reviews (Encore?) that you could walk through the music and study each instrument, which is exactly what this pairing has been giving me and it is absolutely gorgeous! That feeling of complete immersion is so important to me.

So yeah, based on that and because we like to put everything to the test, I think there is only one way forward... You need to try the Leonidas 8-wire and see if Leonidas regains the throne by doubling up. :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. PinkyPowers
    I'm actually angling to complete the Thor collection, with Thor Silver II +. :D

korvin12, ctsooner22, Wyville and 2 others like this.
  13. yukiorui
    I should stop reading this forum.. at this rate I'll buy everything..

ctsooner22 likes this.
  14. Bosk
    I'd love to read a review of an 8-wire Horus for the ultimate in cable decadence.

Incidentally are Effect Audio able to produce 12-wire IEM cables or would they be too chunky to solder to the 2pin/MMCX connectors?

Wyville likes this.
  15. nick97
    alo audio makes the gold 16 iem cable:wink:

First

Back
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Next

Last