Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 2, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #1,878 of 7,901
Just a quickie guys.
I note there is no strain relief going into the connectors on my Lionheart.
I'm a careful person and treat all my gear with respect, just wondered why? ..... I have to say though if does look better/classier without external relief. I presume there is adequate strain relief internally protecting the solder joints?

Edit: ... Just want to add, the longer I listen to this cable the more impressed I become.
My Encores have never sounded so good! ...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,879 of 7,901
Just a quickie guys.
I note there is no strain relief going into the connectors on my Lionheart.
I'm a careful person and treat all my gear with respect, just wondered why? ..... I have to say though if does look better/classier without external relief. I presume there is adequate strain relief internally protecting the solder joints?

Edit: ... Just want to add, the longer I listen to this cable the more impressed I become.
My Encores have never sounded so good! ...

I think the functionality of a strain relief has been all built into the braid of the cable. I have EA cables that were accidentally tugged on at some point, and they all still work perfectly fine. :D

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,880 of 7,901
These look very interesting. I wonder how they will sound vs the Janus D. I'm loving their cables. Just so solid and they sound awesome. Better built than so many others I've seen and used.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #1,881 of 7,901
Finally received my first ea cable, thor ii. Very impressed and a very happy customer. I ordered back in february to go along with my campfire vegas. Long story short they were shipped but never arrived to my mailbox. I honestly was worried I was out $400 but I contacted eric chong and he helped me out. Shipped me a new cable at no cost and even paid for expidited shipping. Recieved it just in time for vacation.

First impressions are very positive. More air around instruments, increased dynamics and instrument seperation. Vega are very bass heavy but with this cable it makes the bass so tight and punchy its pretty crazy. My favorite part this cable brings out are the vocals. Vocals sound amazing.

All in all first order from effect audio and couldnt be more pleased. My only regret is i didnt buy totl because now sooner or later ill be upgrading. Thanks eric and ea.

Attachments

• 15228774980368543638613692958336.jpg
    15228774980368543638613692958336.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 4, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #1,882 of 7,901
Finally received my first ea cable, thor ii. Very impressed and a very happy customer. I ordered back in february to go along with my campfire vegas. Long story short they were shipped but never arrived to my mailbox. I honestly was worried I was out $400 but I contacted eric chong and he helped me out. Shipped me a new cable at no cost and even paid for expidited shipping. Recieved it just in time for vacation.

First impressions are very positive. More air around instruments, increased dynamics and instrument seperation. Vega are very bass heavy but with this cable it makes the bass so tight and punchy its pretty crazy. My favorite part this cable brings out are the vocals. Vocals sound amazing.

All in all first order from effect audio and couldnt be more pleased. My only regret is i didnt buy totl because now sooner or later ill be upgrading. Thanks eric and ea.

Congratulations on your choice! I have the same cable attached to my CIEM JH5 and I really enjoyed the upgrade! I had the same initial impressions as you, among other things.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,883 of 7,901
This is why I'm so happy that Empire Ears is shipping every IEM with the EA cables. I love them. Their new Janus D is crazy good.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #1,885 of 7,901
I honestly think its a great idea and is one of the major reasons why im seriously considering empire ears as my next iem upgrade.

Have you compared janus d to leonidas?

Which EE are you thinking about? I like the Janus with the Phantom. IT's the Janus D. The first day I liked the other Janus better, but the hall was noisy and it was too hard to really listen properly. The next day I was there early, before it opened and got to hear them again. The D was the warmest of all the cables and it really gave me a taught and tuneful bass. As good as the stock cable is and as good as teh Horus or Leonidas is, I really like this Janus D a ton. I want to see if I can get a review sample in so that I can try it on my Ayre QX5 DAC/Amp. It's a 9k DAC that I like much better than Chord Dave. The Phantom's have scaled so much with the Ayre and I really want to get the janus D in to see how much that will scale.

I'll keep you posted on that one.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,887 of 7,901
I'd hate to put bad ideas in EA's heads, but... is the preorder price of the janus lower than the final one?

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,888 of 7,901
I'd hate to put bad ideas in EA's heads, but... is the preorder price of the janus lower than the final one?
of course!! its around double the preorder price, subject to further increase based on market demand( i was kidding if u cant tell) But yea, it will be slightly higher than preorder

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #1,889 of 7,901
of course!! its around double the preorder price, subject to further increase based on market demand( i was kidding if u cant tell) But yea, it will be slightly higher than preorder

Nope, Im fairly positive that the price will not increase after the Pre-Order. It a strong point that im bringing across to the team to have it remain as it is :) On other note, Janus will come with a free "Janus" Pigtailed adaptor either from 2.5mm-4.4mm or 2.5mm-3.5mm :)

Apologies for the recent sluggish replies guys :) I finally decided to take a personal vacation after 3 long years after the Canjam SG. Just got back in office. I'll be back with you guys at full speed shortly! ;D

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 10, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #1,890 of 7,901
Welcome back -- and that's very nice to hear. Wouldn't like to rush into a purchase of this magnitude without reviews.

Re the pigtailed adaptor (I'm looking specifically at 2.5 to 4.4), will there we something like 2% degradation in signal quality (detail, blur)? (As is often said to be the case with adaptors, even purportedly 100% accurate ones) Or is the design lossless so to say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back