Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 19, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #1,771 of 7,901
Was at the Personal Audio Fair here in Hong Kong which happened from 16 - 18 Mar and there was this guy there that brought in his big collection of EA cables. The guy has quite a few limited edition cables including the Heracles and I was quite blown away by each of the ones he let me try. I remember Suyang was saying that this guy probably knew more about EA cables then he did. Oh, and I managed to find out about the little back door secret between EA, VE and EE hahaha. :joy:

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,772 of 7,901
Was at the Personal Audio Fair here in Hong Kong which happened from 16 - 18 Mar and there was this guy there that brought in his big collection of EA cables. The guy has quite a few limited edition cables including the Heracles and I was quite blown away by each of the ones he let me try. I remember Suyang was saying that this guy probably knew more about EA cables then he did. Oh, and I managed to find out about the little back door secret between EA, VE and EE hahaha. :joy:

I know two individuals who fit that description. But, considering you're in Hong Kong, I'm guessing this is the man behind the Instagram account known as @benjamincphotography. :D

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #1,773 of 7,901
I know two individuals who fit that description. But, considering you're in Hong Kong, I'm guessing this is the man behind the Instagram account known as @benjamincphotography. :D
Definitely not him, Ben's the local distributor for a number of earphone related brands including VE, EE, EA here in Hong Kong. :slight_smile:

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #1,775 of 7,901
Mar 19, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #1,777 of 7,901
oh, hi @Deezel177 what y split is on your 8 wire lionheart? Thx!

The Y-split on my Lionheart is the same Y-split as the one that comes stock with EA’s 4-wire cables. I think it’s called the slim or low-profile Y-split, while the black plastic one that @tim0chan mentioned is called the Musician’s Y-split IIRC.

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #1,780 of 7,901
For EA Bespoke, you can customize everything inside their own things. You can request specific mixture of their cable, for example, leonidas 4-wire + horus 4-wire. You can choose one of their own connectors which you want, but you can't bring 3rd-party connectors to Bespoke. For choosing soldering-wire brand, I am not sure whether Effect Audio would allow or not. I've never seen even a single case happened.

i'm wondering if you can ask for a different y split design then. i'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber aesthetic

I think you can? It would make no sense for effect to call it a bespoke service if the choices are restricted lol. Like Suyang and Eric, English isn't our National language, but from what I understand, the word bespoke is an adjective for a service rendered allowing one to order a set of good (clothes usually) made to the individual specification of the client, and not what the shop would have you order instead. If its truly a bespoke service as advertised, I think that if you provide them with the necessary parts and solder they should be happy to assist you.

Come to think of it almost all my hobbies involves bespoke builds lol. I've lost count of the number of times I've sent my mountain bike to the shop to swap in/out aftermarket springs/seals/parts, my archery bow is a amalgamation of almost all the recurve brands on the market, and my audio cables/sources/earphones rarely remain stock.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #1,781 of 7,901
I think you can? It would make no sense for effect to call it a bespoke service if the choices are restricted lol. Like Suyang and Eric, English isn't our National language, but from what I understand, the word bespoke is an adjective for a service rendered allowing one to order a set of good (clothes usually) made to the individual specification of the client, and not what the shop would have you order instead. If its truly a bespoke service as advertised, I think that if you provide them with the necessary parts and solder they should be happy to assist you.

Come to think of it almost all my hobbies involves bespoke builds lol. I've lost count of the number of times I've sent my mountain bike to the shop to swap in/out aftermarket springs/seals/parts, my archery bow is a amalgamation of almost all the recurve brands on the market, and my audio cables/sources/earphones rarely remain stock.
i just thought of an abomination: 2 wire lionheart, 2 wire leonidas, 2 wire mars, 2 wire horus. how much would that cost? has anyone done it before?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #1,782 of 7,901
i just thought of an abomination: 2 wire lionheart, 2 wire leonidas, 2 wire mars, 2 wire horus. how much would that cost? has anyone done it before?
Maybe from a headphone wire

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #1,783 of 7,901

For this question, we need @EffectAudio give us a distinct answer... The last time I met them in the Thailand EA Fanclub Meeting, they said likes I told.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,784 of 7,901
i wonder if the plastic split will work with the 8 wire models
I would guess not. I have one and it is pretty small. But I love it because you don't feel it at all.
IMG_3996 (1).jpg

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,785 of 7,901
Very cool. I don't seem to mind the Furetech carbon fiber one, but I also use a brick (ak380cu) for a DAP, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back