Effect Audio - AKA Balance Adapter
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #33 of 83
@Nick Chia Any ideas if this will work with my Kann Cube with a Dignis case.
I don't have a huge amount of clearance on either side of the connectors, maybe 4mm on the left of the 3.5mm plug and 3mm on the right of the 2.5mm.
There's no way I would use this if i had to take the case off.

Aug 20, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #34 of 83
@Nick Chia Any ideas if this will work with my Kann Cube with a Dignis case.
I don't have a huge amount of clearance on either side of the connectors, maybe 4mm on the left of the 3.5mm plug and 3mm on the right of the 2.5mm.
There's no way I would use this if i had to take the case off.

I can't say with certainty if it will fit as we do not have a Kann Cube with us right now.

I've placed the dimensions of the adapter for your reference to see if it measures up with the Kann Cube (with the Dignis Case)

Do note that the 15.5mm is calculated right from the middle at the end of the plugs to the other. So you may wish to take note of it when measuring the gap between the two inputs on the Kann Cube.

webwxgetmsgimg-42.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #36 of 83
200 Dollars for an adapter :ksc75smile:

I am often willing to spend money on my hobby but this time - no way!
I haven't seen it in person, but for the quality, they're describing and the fact that it's a fairly limited production line, the price doesn't seem that crazy.
If you invest so much into getting the last percents on a high-end dap, why compromise it with some low-fi adaptor. I don't know of any other adaptors using CNC aluminium to block emi/rf and OCC wiring.

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #37 of 83
But some of us like to live in the 21st century with streaming etc...
The Sony DAPs are further ahead than people realize. And I stream music.

Here’s hoping the MSRP for this can be cheaper in the future. Glad the A&K peeps have one solution at least

Aug 21, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #39 of 83
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #40 of 83
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #41 of 83
Well they are using very highend connectors which explain why it is expensive. The cost for those 4.4 and 2.5 are pushing $60 combined. A DIY adapter of similar quality will cost $75 or around that just for the parts cost alone. Still at the asking price, purchasIng another upgrade cable with a 2.5 mm balanced connector may make more sense.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #42 of 83
Or just add a 4.4mm pentacon socket on the SP3000 when it releases, honestly why limit themselves to 2.5mm only? The Fiio DAPS have all 3 and their sockets are much sturdier and secure than AK players.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #44 of 83
I haven't seen it in person, but for the quality, they're describing and the fact that it's a fairly limited production line, the price doesn't seem that crazy.
If you invest so much into getting the last percents on a high-end dap, why compromise it with some low-fi adaptor. I don't know of any other adaptors using CNC aluminium to block emi/rf and OCC wiring.

Yea but if you were that invested in the high end ak system wouldn't you just buy a 2.5mm cable .

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #45 of 83
What is with the audiophile obsession with using metal blocks to block emi/rf???? As an electrical engineer, I can assure you that you can go ahead and wrap your electronics in tinfoil and it would be just as good if you're trying to make some sort of Faraday cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back