Edmonton/Alberta Meet MARCH 14th - The Gramophone
Dec 12, 2009 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

Joelby

1000+ Head-Fier
A DATE HAS BEEN SCHEDULED - SUNDAY MARCH 14th AT THE GRAMAPHONE STORE! 1:00 PM START

Address:
7913 104 Street Northwest
Edmonton, AB T6E 4E1, Canada
(780) 428-2356

Gramophone on google

Now as discussed, we need a decent attendance for this to work out. Please confirm if you're going to attend by the first week of march. Bryan is opening the store up for us (normally closed on sundays), so let's make this beneficial for everyone!
beerchug.gif

Attending:
Joelby + guest
Kayito-San + guest
dweaver
Robin W.
geetarman49
wantmyf1 + guest
schugh
tamahome77 + guest
joneeboi
JonJeffman
TheAEoN

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 70
Barring catastrophe, count me in. It would be my first meet! I've never been to Grammaphone, but you've made me really want to go! Great job bringing this forware! I'm excited for this, can't you tell!!!

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 70
The Gramophone may be difficult to find for some; Joel and I circled it twice before we eventually zeroed in. It's a little bit out of the way, but it's a nice little nook.

attachment.php

Fig. 1: The Gramophone on a top-down map

attachment.php

Fig. 2: Google street view wasn't very helpful

I hope this helps to those wishing to visit the shop.

You guys!

They had a TV that LOWERED INTO A CABINET.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #8 of 70
I'm down as well! As long as I am still in town - thesis defense is imminent - I will be there. Thanks for getting this rolling, Joelby!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah: Please put me on the "mailing list", if there is such a thing.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 70
I'm in sounds like a good place for a meet.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #11 of 70
I'm in. It'll be nice attending a meet as an attendee. I may have some conflicting events scheduled in February, so the sooner you announce the date, the better for me.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #13 of 70
OK I just bought a new gas saving little car, I think I am up for a trip to Edmonton in February
smily_headphones1.gif
. I might even be able to be cajoled into taking a person or two with me
wink.gif
. OH and I'll be bringing my new HD600 and if I have not sold or traded them off AD900, and my latest IEM CKS70 along with my RWAudio1 amp and whatever the heck else I have bought or traded for by then LOL.

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #15 of 70
LOL the purchase of the CKS70 changed everything. I thought I was a bass light guy until they came along. Once I had them I just didn't want tolisten to most of my gear. I ended up selling the ES7, Klipsch S4i, and my Monster Turbines. I then used that money to pick up a pair of used HD600 which I'm waiting to arrive. It's crazy but a pair AT IEM's may have turned me into a Senn guy LOL. I just had never heard good bass with long enough exposure before. BTW the first thing I thought of when I started to use the CKS70 was man do these remind me of Joelby and RWAudio's Senns! LOL. I'm hoping my memory is correct because I want an open headphone that sounds like these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back