Edition 9 power handling?
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 37
Can't give you any technical specifics, but of the cans in my sig, the ED9's are by FAR the easiest to drive to more than satisfying levels.

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious how much current/voltage is required from a headphone amp to drive the Edition 9 to its fullest.

My Pico is rated at 8V/250mA at maximum drive, and I'm wondering if this is a sufficient level of output power to get the most out of the Ed9.

I'd say they similar to Pro 750, or slightly easier. I think the "more easy" just might be that Edition 9 has more forgiving sound signature than Pro 750.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 37
Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd still like to know the hard numbers from the Ultrasone crew if thats possible though.
confused.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd still like to know the hard numbers from the Ultrasone crew if thats possible though.
confused.gif

Well, I know that Corda Aria gives max 2.8V with USB which is plenty to drive HD-650... I also have noticed that Edition 9 needs a bit less volume than HD-650. Roughly we could calculate that 3V to 30Ω gives 100mA, so it should be ok.

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

But apparently I wont get an answer?
confused.gif

I'm getting the info for you. Sorry, was out of the office for a few days.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #10 of 37
also interested in hearing this answer... have been driving them from a Lisa III but am likely downsizing to an iqube and wondering how fully it will drive these

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 37
I use mine with my iQube all the time. I've had them modified to the Siver Dragon recabling (4 foot portable length). The iQube drives them seemlessly and elegantly. I've compared recently to my Rudistor XJ-03 and the iQube does just fine.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Not to be impatient or anything, but its been a month since I posted this question. Any info yet ultrapaul?
confused_face(1).gif

Which gain settings (low or high) do you set on the pico when you r using the E9?

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which gain settings (low or high) do you set on the pico when you r using the E9?

I don't have it yet, still waiting for it to clear customs. But for my Pro 750 I use low gain. Even on low I can't go past 10 oclock on the volume pot.

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

I don't have it yet, still waiting for it to clear customs. But for my Pro 750 I use low gain. Even on low I can't go past 10 oclock on the volume pot.

And I thought you had it since last week..
biggrin.gif

I had it on low gain in the night, and high gain during the day...both doesnt past the 09:45 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back