Edel USB to I2S/SPDIF - USB Audio Class 2 transport card
Apr 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

schuetz

New Head-Fier
In Switzerland, ABC PCB produces an async USB Audio Class 2 card based on XMOS chipset, called Edel USB to I2S/SPDIF.

It has full galvanic isolation and a flex connector that accepts BNC, RCA in standard.

U2S192_thumb.jpg

The datasheet is here.

USB Audio Class 2 is managed by Mac OsX >=10.6.4 and recent Linux distributions.
The windows driver is actually in development for USB Audio Class 2. But you can still use the card under Windows with the USB Audio Class 1 (switch on board).

Prices: here (april 2011)

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 10
I am using a exaU2I 2 to 8 channel USB to I2S device.
It runs up to 8 channels at 192k/32bit and 4 channels at 384k/32bit.
Have anybody compared the exaU2I with the Edel USB to I2S/SPDIF ?

More informations regarding the exaU2I can be found here: www.exadevices.com

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #7 of 10
Adelias, I've not yet bought the card because I am still hesitating. I'm very intested by the USB audio class 2.0 TEAC UD-H01 with a Tenor 8802  but I'm wondering if it will work on my Dockstar. I've already tried HRT Music streamer II+ (firmware < v1.5 required too much power consumption from USB, sound disapeared after few seconds) and Arcam rDac without success.

I've seen you were the first to post that the Dockstar with XMOS card does a good job.
So I presume that every DAC/USB Transport equipped with XMOS chipset, like Wavelength HS or Stello U3 would be OK.

Are you still satisfied with the XMOS card on the Dockstar ?

Edit: someone has bought an Edel card and will post here.

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 10
This looks great, too bad there's no PSU nor case.

A friend of mine has ordered the Stello U3 you just mentioned, I'll try to chime in w/ some impressions.

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #10 of 10
Whats the attraction of toslink. This appears to be designed to be a high performance interface  which kind of eliminates toslink as an option. Some of the old glass fibre interfaces like STLinkwere great but toslink is not a high resolution option IMHO.

Regards

Macrog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back