Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #335 of 456
Congratulations, very nice pictures !
I can't wait to have mine
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #337 of 456
Note to current Electra owners as its not in the original instructions but will be added to the use instructions for newer users.  If turning the Electra off then back on again, wait at least 5 minutes in between.  Tubes cool at different rates, and weird things can happen if you turn it back on too quickly.
Interesting. Is this particular to the Electra in the way it handles the different cooling rates of tubes? I've not seen this kind of advice to other tube amps.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #338 of 456
Woops, broke that advise about 30 times now.:p

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #340 of 456
oscillation? I havent experienced any problem that I noticed so far with not waiting, but I will keep it in mind since I dont want to cause any harm to the amp or tubes.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #341 of 456
Just got word my Electra will be ready within the week for pick up (I live about 5 miles away).  I have a quad of EL34PH I'm eager to try.  Tested the tubes on my AT1000 and they were fine and reasonably matched.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #342 of 456
I just got my notification as well. Pity I can't pick it up, instead I have to pay a hefty shipping fee.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #343 of 456
I have some cryo kt77 and sed winged el34 coming in tomorrow to test out. The sed might be too warm but I want to give them a try. It will be interesting to see how much of a change cryo makes on the kt 77 since I am running non cryo ones at the moment. I have the done the comparison with 6sl7 before, but not an output like the el34.

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #344 of 456
I was about to make the plunge for a headAmp Blue AiwaII (BHSE) + Stax SR009, but... I came across this thread !  
biggrin.gif

So now I am quite embarassed... which one to chose.
confused.gif

The head hamp Blue Hawaii (BHSE) has a very very good track record & reviews, so what could be the reason to motivate to buy the Electra instead ?  

Any help will be appreciated... :wink:

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #345 of 456
Quote:
I was about to make the plunge for a headAmp Blue AiwaII (BHSE) + Stax SR009, but... I came across this thread !  
biggrin.gif

So now I am quite embarassed... which one to chose.
confused.gif

The head hamp Blue Hawaii (BHSE) has a very very good track record & reviews, so what could be the reason to motivate to buy the Electra instead ?  
Any help will be appreciated... :wink:

That's a challenging problem indeed.  I had the same dilemma, so I ordered both :)  I just brought home the Electra today and it's noticeably superior to the 727II with my 009s.  It's a beautiful sounding and looking amp. Craig was gracious to walk me through the amp's design and use in his Calabasas workshop.  My amp is number 10 and I could see he had the remaining six amps of this initial batch ready for burn in and shipping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back