ecost has Shure e5c at sale price
May 28, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 13
whoa - those are killer prices! Buy two pair and re-sell one here later after the sale goes off
very_evil_smiley.gif
...did I say that out loud?

Site says $386.99, but if you add them to your cart it comes up as $339.99... I have not even seen E5 version for that price!

May 28, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 13
I know it originally said they were the e5's, but when they checked for me they were the e5c's. I ordered them on Tuesday and they arrived Thursday and they are brand new e5c's.

May 28, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 13
Price was $331 at one point a couple of days ago. Very strange and seemingly arbitrary price structure over at ecost. Too bad handling and tax kills the deal in CA.

May 28, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 13
I think ecost automatically adjusts the price depending on how many clicks a particular product receives. Which really sucks!

And I suspect they are putting out items like the E5c at these prices as loss leaders to attract traffic to their site.

May 28, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
I think ecost automatically adjusts the price depending on how many clicks a particular product receives. Which really sucks!

And I suspect they are putting out items like the E5c at these prices as loss leaders to attract traffic to their site.

That was my first thought as well, but this was well past midnight PST and after being on sale for several days. Who knows...

May 31, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IZCool
I was going to buy a pair, but they don't sell anywhere outside the USA.
frown.gif
Very annoying - looks like it'll be iDealSound when he has stock then.
I wanted the better case though....
rolleyes.gif

The e5c case can be bought for about £10 in the UK. I guess that you should be able to get one in Australia.

http://www.pjbox.co.uk/Shure-Accessories.htm

May 31, 2004 at 1:24 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pic9809
how would ppl compare the e5c at roughly $330 to ety 4ps at approx $220 at head-fi? what gives better bang for buck?

Use the handy search button up top. This is an argument that has happened before.
eek.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 13
Problem is, the "search" function goes AWOL every so often due to the frequent updates to the site. A pity to, as I was wondering the same thing about the 4P versus the E5's.. And putting out yet another new post to ask the question just means more posts that poor Jude has to deal with until things are perfecto!

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by reeseboisse
Use the handy search button up top. This is an argument that has happened before.
eek.gif

hmm, can you say: understatement?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back