eCOST.com WARNING!!!
Jul 8, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #16 of 35

bong

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Posts
1,821
Likes
10
my PX200's came from eCost and i have absolutely no complaints. the packaging, accessories, and headphones were immaculate.
 
Jul 8, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 35

gshan

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
3,667
Likes
10
Their customer service via telephone is easily reachable, but it wasn't helpful for me. When calling their hotline, choose Online Ordering option and not the other inquiries options. The latter will have you on hold for ages.

nierika: were the refurb 595s 50-ohm version? -thx
 
Jul 8, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 35

warubozu

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Posts
5,764
Likes
36
Wow, I didn't realize that eCOST was that bad. I had only dealt with them once, I ordered a DSL modem through them that was brand new but was out of stock at the time. At the time I had placed my order they had told me that they will put in an order on the modem for me and that I should receive it within a week. Two weeks had past and I still haven't received my modem or any emails from eCOST on the status of my order. I finally decided to email them to find out the status of my order and was notified the following day that they had accidentally forgotten to place my order and was sorry about the mistake. The modem arrived 4 days later in excellent condition.
 
Jul 8, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #20 of 35

nierika

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Posts
1,078
Likes
17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Their customer service via telephone is easily reachable, but it wasn't helpful for me. When calling their hotline, choose Online Ordering option and not the other inquiries options. The latter will have you on hold for ages.

nierika: were the refurb 595s 50-ohm version? -thx



gshan I have no way of knowing but I don't see how they would not be the 50 ohm version.
 
Jul 9, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #25 of 35

moniki_123

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Posts
18
Likes
0
i guess i was one of the lucky ones who had a good experience from ecost.

i bought the bf a pair of refurbed sennheiser hd600's from ecost for $200 shipped, about a year ago and they came in perfect condition, and are still doing very well.

no complaints from us, and the shipping was quite fast too. i would still buy from ecost considering all of the previous posts--i'd just think twice about buying hi(gher)-end refurbed equipment from them.

.
 
Jul 9, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #26 of 35

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 12, 2004
Posts
4,475
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
It's too bad there aren't more internet storefront pages...I know eCost is not in this list, but it's a good idea to look at these Brooklyn storefronts before purchasing from them.


eek.gif
!!!

Thank you for that link! I am now officially disturbed that such websites are allowed to operate! Some of those websites only contain addresses for returns of the webmaster/owner/operator's HOUSE!

No good...
 
Jul 9, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #27 of 35

acb82

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Posts
1
Likes
0
I bought a pair of refurbished Sennheiser HD-600's from ecost as well and they were like brand new. No problems with them so far. They cost about $300 CAD shipped to Canada.
 
Jul 9, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #28 of 35

Daroid

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Posts
1,147
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
It's too bad there aren't more internet storefront pages...I know eCost is not in this list, but it's a good idea to look at these Brooklyn storefronts before purchasing from them.


The result of price bargaining and hunting
eek.gif

Looks terrible - Brooklyn, looks sorta abused and left - does all parts of Brooklyn look like that ?
And why exactly Brooklyn ? Does all the low-cost deals happen i Brooklyn only or what ?
confused.gif
 
Jul 9, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #29 of 35

stevesurf

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Posts
3,074
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
The result of price bargaining and hunting
eek.gif

Looks terrible - Brooklyn, looks sorta abused and left - does all parts of Brooklyn look like that ?
And why exactly Brooklyn ? Does all the low-cost deals happen i Brooklyn only or what ?
confused.gif



Daroid - not to worry; Brooklyn is alive and well. From Park Slope and the Promenade overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge to MetroTech with its industry leaders to the rebirth of Coney Island, Brooklyn continues to amaze me! I actually posted that site to bring caution to the use of "low cost" internet discounters, not to detract from Brooklyn's beauty and diversity .

After all, I grew up there
icon10.gif
 
Jul 10, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #30 of 35

Daroid

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Posts
1,147
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Daroid - not to worry; Brooklyn is alive and well. From Park Slope and the Promenade overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge to MetroTech with its industry leaders to the rebirth of Coney Island, Brooklyn continues to amaze me! I actually posted that site to bring caution to the use of "low cost" internet discounters, not to detract from Brooklyn's beauty and diversity .

After all, I grew up there
icon10.gif



Wow, now that's completely different! - and impressive
smily_headphones1.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top