Echo MiaMidi?
Apr 1, 2004 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I was considering buying this sound card to replace my Audigy 2 ZS. It seems like a good choice (as I'm very impressed with the Indigo for my laptop), but I'm not terribly certain. Any opinions on the quality of the card?

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Why not buy the new EMU 1212M? It would cost you just 25$ more, and it has some incredible specs like a rated 120 db DR. It costs just 200$ on www.zzounds.com.

The Echo mia midi is a very good card, but it falls in the category of Revo, DMX fire and EWX and AP 24/96, while the EMU 1212 M falls in the category of Uber pro cards like the lynx two.

From the prices i see that ECHO mida midi is 175$, which IMO is not a good price. Please see the Post of EMU 1212 M in the source forum. It is on the 2nd page.

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for pointing out the thread, but I'm afraid it wasn't very helpful to me. All I got out of it was everyone arguing about how good it could possibly be based soley on its specs. I was kinda hoping that someone had actually heard it (and the MiaMidi for that matter) and could give me an opinion on what they think of the sound.

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 6
I believe a guy named doobooloo on this forum had a MIA midi, ask him his opinion on the MIA. It would be even more helpful if he has heard some other cards, and could compare them to the MIA.

Apr 10, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 6
To refer to Iron_Dreamer's post above... Ian has some inital impressions here:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...398#post770398

He says to him it sounds better than his RME PST. I think his RME is unmodded but I can't be sure.

FYI though, this is the 1820M, not the 1212M, so YMMV. As mentioned to some via PM, i'll be getting a converter cable today, so by this evening I should have some initial Modded PAD vs. Stock 1212M impressions.
biggrin.gif

*out*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back