eBay resistors
May 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just emailed Sure Electronics asking for a replacement, I'll let the thread know the outcome.

They offered to replace the resistors with the uniohm brand of metal film for $6 shipping. I agreed, so in 2 or 3 weeks I should have replacements.

I agree with Juaquin, it IS very handy to have a 50 value box of resistors around for experimenting (the reason I bought them in the first place) even if they are not suitable for a final build audio project.

May 25, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #17 of 18
I got the UniOhm resistors a few days ago. They look better in every respect compared to the fake metal film ones. Stronger, less bendy leads, the color bands are clearer and easier to read, tolerance is closer. I'm satisfied with the way Sure handled the situation.

May 25, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 18
There are a lot of deals from China on Ebay that seem to good to be true. I guess they actually are as well. Why would Toshiba, Sanyo, Texas Instruments and other makers of excellent compoments sell their stuff for cheap to small Chinese actors active at Ebay. Maybe they're not. Maybe everything is fake.

Earwax, you've done a good job exposing them like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back