Ebay phones from China/Hong Kong?
Mar 22, 2006 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone bought cheap phones from those eBay sellers from China and HK? Are they the original phones or copies? Did you get charged duty at your end?

Particularly interested in Australian experiences.
Thanks

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 13
If you check out the sellers past record, it reveals that he is quite a solid eBay'er. He does ship the occasional incomplete package though, eg missing manuals or accessories. Whenever the price is too good to be true, doubt the listing.

NIB stands for New In Box.
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
If you check out the sellers past record, it reveals that he is quite a solid eBay'er. He does ship the occasional incomplete package though, eg missing manuals or accessories. Whenever the price is too good to be true, doubt the listing.

NIB stands for New In Box.
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

hard to tell from his past record whether these cans are the real deal or not but not sure either if anyone has complained about the headphones that he sells are fakes. the price point is a good indicator of the validity of these headphones and also the seller doesn't explicitly say that they are OEM models like a lot of the fake ones do. it wouldn't hurt to contact the seller whether they are NIB or OEM.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by poonpower
the shipping is usually waaaaayyy too over priced, so it compensates for the low price.

This seller is asking for $10. I think that is very reasonable. What you said is true though. I lot of sellers hide a lot of the cost within the shipping.

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pezzy
you dont need to get them from china when you can get those ep630s in sydney for like 50 bucks :p.

http://www.kscomputer.com.au/
http://www.mp3direct.com.au/webstore/default.asp

If you are still interested in purchasing from china my guess would be they are probably fakes and you wont get charged with duties or tax (as long as your order is under $1000 for normal postal service and $500 for those couriers like Fedex, DHL etc).

OOPs i pressed quote instead of edit....sorry :p

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #12 of 13
I bought the OEM EP 630s on ebay from china... they come with the behind the neck cord (which i didnt really like). If they are in fact fake... then they dont sound too bad for fakes!

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
mp3direct have them for $50 but $13 postage.
I couldn't find them on the kscomputer site?

try ringing them up, according to staticice.com.au they have them for $48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back