ebay nightmare, any help?
Oct 28, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read this thread and while what the seller did wasn't exactly nice or ethical, you're hardly blameless. The fact that you didn't make sure your address is current, is a fairly large error on your part. Paypal only extends seller protection when shipping to the confirmed address so his insistence on maintaining that is, pretty understandable IMO.

At this point I'd just chalk it up as a loss on your part and as a lesson to make sure that all your information is accurate in the future. I really don't see how you would be able to recoup your money unless the seller agrees to refund you as I can't see how you would be able to. I suppose you could try to claim that using media mail to ship a non suitable item is fraudulent and use that as a basis but I really can't see getting much out of that.

<MOD Edit>i did update my address, and i kept him up to date (address was updated far before this purchase, and has been no problem), he kept screaming "NO I ONLY SHIP CONFIRM THIS MY FINAL SAY, MY FINAL SAY" whenever I tried to update him on the status of the new address, and paypal refused to even talk to me about getting my new address confirmed when I inquired for help, so seriously, you didn't read the entire thread, sorry.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 20
If someone can't communicate well enough to satisfy you, why would you continue press the deal?

Sounds like you wanted your shinny toy too badly to be prudent.

Don't be such a whinny pants. You screwed the pooch as hard as he did.

I'd like to see you both in a three legged race. I bet you two would end up on your okoles with a wad of grass blades packed into your cracks:

max-176341.jpg

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 20
I've changed my address a few times and I've never had the issues you've had. IME whenever i order something from Ebay, there's always a part that shows the shipping address. So it's fairly clear that you forgot to change it in the very least. If you had changed it when you paid for it you wouldn't be in this mess.

I've talked with some people who use ebay a fair bit more than I do and there are 2 errors here.

1. You for not providing a current shipping address. And yes that's problem no matter what you insist. When you order something, part of the payment is a address field. It's obvious you transmitted an out of date address to him.

There's no way for him to know whats confirmed or not, so while I wouldn't necessarily have acted the same way he did, I can understand his reaction.

2. Him for using Media Mail which automatically gets upgraded to Priority in cases like this where it's clearly not books or other media.

Anyways, talking with others, Paypal won't help you with shipping disputes, which is what this is. The only way you're getting any money back is going through your CC company.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've changed my address a few times and I've never had the issues you've had. IME whenever i order something from Ebay, there's always a part that shows the shipping address. So it's fairly clear that you forgot to change it in the very least. If you had changed it when you paid for it you wouldn't be in this mess.

I've talked with some people who use ebay a fair bit more than I do and there are 2 errors here.

1. You for not providing a current shipping address. And yes that's problem no matter what you insist. When you order something, part of the payment is a address field. It's obvious you transmitted an out of date address to him.

There's no way for him to know whats confirmed or not, so while I wouldn't necessarily have acted the same way he did, I can understand his reaction.

2. Him for using Media Mail which automatically gets upgraded to Priority in cases like this where it's clearly not books or other media.

Anyways, talking with others, Paypal won't help you with shipping disputes, which is what this is. The only way you're getting any money back is going through your CC company.

It did show my new, correct address, he refused to use it, i sent him 3 emails confirming this address, I have the address proper in paypal, moon audio, as well as 4 other sellers have had no problems reading this address when paypal sends it off to them, he refused to read this information, again, this isn't a case of "I didn't check the information and wanted my new toy", but again, I knowing reading is an advanced skill
wink.gif

:: edit
if a mod could close this, I opened it to get some advice, that advice came, and now its turned into "lets defend this random dude and talk ****", which is worthless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back