eBay auction sniping question
Nov 14, 2002 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
For those who have used and trust one of teh auction sniping sites, can you point me in the right direction?? I am having problems entering my usedID and password into someone elses web site to have them bid for me!!! Seems almost dumb if one doesn't trust the site, huh? I want to try one of these services, but want to know your experiences first.

Thanks guys!!!

Nov 14, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 26
I didn't know these existed. Frankly, I'm a little miffed that they do. But it probably won't stop me from using them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
Software just isn't that smart. I'd prefer to be watching myself, two computers and four windows ready with different bid amounts.

You're a sick man Aerbach!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Very, very sick!!

Nov 14, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

two computers and four windows ready with different bid amounts.

eek.gif
! jeebus! man, that's taking it pretty far. aeberbach=don't bid against him, ultra hardcore ebay sniper.
tongue.gif

btw, close the italics tag in your sig
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

If I want it, I get it
wink.gif

The two tuners I got recently were both won by sniping the same guy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm sorry for the post about being sick. You're sick AND cruel!!!
biggrin.gif
Sniped the same guy twice. In some states that's a punishable offence!

Seriously, I have lost two auctions recently due to the fact that I mistimed one and lost it before I could bid as time ran out. the other I didn't want to bid until the last second, and then had to leave and help a friend unload a truck! I could have bought those tubes and sold them for a nice profit, but missed out on both of them. I figured that this software that Eric 343, I believe, mentioned to help with these problems.

Nov 14, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I'm sorry for the post about being sick. You're sick AND cruel!!!

..lol! uh, yeah, that also, heheh
biggrin.gif
.. (nice simo. post!
tongue.gif
)

Nov 14, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 26
www.bidtamer.com has a free and a pay sniping service, but they're cutting back the free service. It won't be around much longer, I think. The pay service is on a monthly basis, IIRC.

www.esnipe.com is a pay service. Costs you about 1% of the cost of auctions that you successfully snipe.

I generally plug in items that I want to bid on a couple of days ahead of time, and then forget about it. A couple of days later I get the email telling me whether I won or lost. Keeps me from getting caught up in auction frenzy at the last minute, and bidding more than I should.

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 26
Thanks Hirsch! For me it would seem a better option to go with the 1% fees as I will only be spending a few hundred dollars anyway. I'll have to give it a try and see if I like it. I also agree that these software bidding systems can help me from bidding too much for something.

Nov 14, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #11 of 26
I use eSnipe all the time, works great
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 26
Download iSnipeIt, it's a piece of software that snipes... I don't trust those online sites either. And I prefer an actual program to a web-based interface...

Nov 14, 2002 at 7:01 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Software just isn't that smart. I'd prefer to be watching myself, two computers and four windows ready with different bid amounts.

Only four windows?

I use at least 12, i have them in 10-20$ incriments. Not only do i want to win the auction, but also get the cheapest possible price.

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 26
I don't get why you'd want to snipe with $10-20 increments - eBay DOES use a proxy bidding system after all, just put in what you want to pay and hit "bid"; it'll automatically give you the cheapest price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back