EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Nov 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #211 of 1,544
Thanks shotgunshane! I'm early on the CA tour (Left Coast-er woot!), so your impressions would be timely.

I'm interested in ability to keep up with fast kick drums as in Behemoth's Ov Fire And The Void: LINK.

I'm also interested in sub-bass performance as in Senking's Chainsawfish: LINK.

For reference, the T10i you toured handled Senking's sub-bass well (not a lot of IEMs handle this well) but couldn't keep up with Behemoth's fast kick drums (most IEM handle this ok but not exceedingly well).

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #212 of 1,544
However I just found out today that I'll have an opportunity to get an extended demo of a Supra early next week, so link me a song or two you'd like me to test :smile:.

I'm definitely interested to hear your impressions of the Supra. Specifically how they perform with your iPhone since Quinn has reported such poor performance with a variety of portable sources.

Nov 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #213 of 1,544
.......  However I just found out today that I'll have an opportunity to get an extended demo of a Supra early next week........

Looking forward to your impressions. Not sure whether you're familiar with the Dita's (owner of The Answer non-Truth version), I would definitely be interested in a comparison with those. Also, I'm sure backers for the 'other' Kickstarter project would be eager to know how the V-series would compare to the (stretch goal upgraded) Supra's :wink:

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #216 of 1,544
SGS, bearer of our hopes.

I doubt the Supra will sound anything like the U4 (e.g. neutral vs bass emphasis for bassists and drummers) but I'm pretty confident they will at least match or surpass it in quality. I think SGS has owned 1964 ciems before he might be in a good position to comment...

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #218 of 1,544
That's right brother. But that being said I really like the V6 and the V6 Stage from 1964. The V3 is good but i actually prefer my one driver Fitear F111 over it. Used to love the Westone um3x until i heard the fitears. Tuning is everything...

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #219 of 1,544
I owned the Dita Answer, as well as the 1964 Quad in the past. I sold the Dita due to peaky treble that was just too uneven for me (I tend to be hypercritical of treble). If Dita ever produce a model with smoother treble response, I'd be interested in revisiting it.

The 1964 Quad was a nice stage monitor type signature and seemed to be the upgrade path from a Westone 4 or Earsonics SM64 signature IMO. I hope to hear the V6 or V6S at some point, as it seems from reviews to be more inline with my preferences.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #223 of 1,544
What's the most effective way to get in touch with Earwekz/Jack?  Used the form at the EW page early last week.. no response.. (but perhaps I'm being a little impatient?)?

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #224 of 1,544
I just message Jack from the KS page and he replies within the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back